The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #29
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Boohoo, there are less tracks. I have less money so i am going to rob a bank.

Just because you don't have access to something, doesn't mean you can break the law.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #30
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
This is so valid.

Here on LI, growing up we had many tracks, even hosted NASCAR and NHRA events regularly at several of them, and one of the best road course tracks in Bridgehampton, known the world over. I used to run out at Bridgehampton many years ago, how great would it be to just drive ~1 hour and race a world class course in my Camaro today! Too bad.....
the "Bridge" was a Great track and I'm glad I ran there once before they closed!

Real Estate Values and the tight-asses that live near Track have ruined it for a lot of us
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #31
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Many tracks have closed, nearest one is at least an hour and a half away.

Much of this is from people moving in next to a race track then complaining to township officials about noise.

They're too stupid to recon the neighborhood before buying the house, so everyone has to pay.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #32
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I’m shocked the Portland Police were allowed to do something. Must not be many blm terrorists racing cars. Too busy looting and burning down buildings.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #33
Boost Creep

Burn buildings, not tires.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #34
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
Seems that just about every OT thread regardless of what it is steers towards politics, name of forum should be changed to Political5.

Schools are not responsible for teaching your kids how to behave, you as a parent have that responsibility; as a kid i was told that my actions once i walked out that door would reflect on the rest of the family so it kept me straight regardless of where or who i was around(yes i did go to public school).

If kids and young adults look at TV as a role then you have to ask yourself where have you failed, perhaps the material things did not matter as much as being around to teach your kids right from wrong.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #35
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
Seems that just about every OT thread regardless of what it is steers towards politics, name of forum should be changed to Political5.

Schools are not responsible for teaching your kids how to behave, you as a parent have that responsibility; as a kid i was told that my actions once i walked out that door would reflect on the rest of the family so it kept me straight regardless of where or who i was around(yes i did go to public school).

If kids and young adults look at TV as a role then you have to ask yourself where have you failed, perhaps the material things did not matter as much as being around to teach your kids right from wrong.

EXACTLY!
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #36
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:

But there are so many brilliant political analysts on this forum, what will we do without their detailed insight?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:48 PM   #37
Boost Creep

Quote:

The only flaw with that is many parents don't teach their kids manners, respect, responsibility, or much of anything else. They let the schools do it all, that's why there are school breakfast now along with lunch. There are many parents who shouldn't be.

When the pandemic hit there was a cry from people about all the kids that were going to go hungry because all the schools are closed.

There's a huge segment of the population that depends on government assistance in every facet of their lives.
Sad really.
It's how we got to where we are today. It's only going to get worse in the next few years.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #38
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Wow, how times have changed.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:28 AM   #39
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
as a L.E.O you get nothing but respect from me i'm all about good police they need more funding not defunding and i get it in a state that actually cares about the rule of law. Oregon is not a beacon of responsibility as far as the governor go's it sucks that the police don't get the support they need. not all states are created equal in my world. Kommiefornia and the peoples republic of new jersey stomp all over the bill of rights (2a) so not good examples for me, but Florida i.e polk county hay if you play you pay.
What kind of L.E.O. are you? City cop? Deputy sheriff? Meter maid?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote