The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #1289
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Evil twin...if he is living under a rock then you must live in a cave, because much as you mustang guys want to deny reality when styling is concerned, the camaro trumps the mustang, and everytime you go in public you'd realize that. Put the two cars next to each other there is a night and day difference that the camaro looks better and more aggressive. Maybe the mustang might actually start to win some awards if they changed its ugly frog face styling.

The 2011 mustang is just a 2010 with a better engine....nothing more or less...oh wait 5.0 badging wow that sure makes it stand out; if Ford wants to get any head turns besides from house moms or college sweethearts they need to change the design.
They did, in 2005. Have you noticed how the "retro bandwagon" started rolling after Ford unveiled the S197? I'm not knocking the Camaro at all, I love the car and it's sexy as hell. The 1st Gen Mustangs didn't look "aggressive" either and that was the idea behind the S197 design. Ford knocked it out of the ballpark with these cars, although I'm not too big on the 2010 models and the rear end design. When the 2005's came out, I saw plenty of curious onlookers wanting to check out the new design. The Camaro has been gone for a while and it's a completely different design than the 4th Gens so it only stands to reason that people are very interested in them. Some people prefer to date fat people and some prefer to date slim people, pretty elementary stuff we're talking about here.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #1290
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
are you living under a rock? the mustang was redesigned for the 2010 model year, and have new exciting engines going in for 2011. The new mustang is the hottest/most aggressive looking car out right now with an interior to match. The car is sex on wheels.
I think you are posting on the WRONG site.. you need to find a FORD site..

Not many people give a crap about the Mustang on this site except FORD fans...

Personally, I don't see anything different in the mustang on the outside from the previous year... it's BORING! YAWN......
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #1291
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
are you living under a rock? the mustang was redesigned for the 2010 model year, and have new exciting engines going in for 2011. The new mustang is the hottest/most aggressive looking car out right now with an interior to match. The car is sex on wheels.
You have got to be kidding. The "hottest/most aggressive looking car out right now."
I think the new Mustang looks basically the same as the previous model. Its boring and very average looking at best.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #1292
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I stopped reading after 2 pages. Saying the new mustang looks better, followed by making both cars weigh within 20 lbs was enough to tell me this guy was clueless.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #1293
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
He did post a link to where the cars weigh in close, and after clicking it, I believe it's the one where the Ford guys are supposed to be cracking a joke at the Camaro's weight.

Oh well. Style is subjective, although the 2010 Mustang didn't make the final three cut for World Design Car of the Year, and it's basicly the same car sans new motors, and it's a redesign of the previous body. So what do those people know?

Personally, I think the Mustang is boring. I'm glad the drivetrain as improved though, and I hope the suspense at stoplights now perks up, lol! Someone above me posted the original Mustang wasn't supposed to really stand out, and that the S197 cars tried to duplicate that, well, they succeeded.

Again, I hope the powertrain lives up to the hype! It'll be fun to have some real competition!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #1294
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Mustang has the profile of a Nissan MAXIMA...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #1295
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I can't find any images of the "profile" of the 2011 mustang. Maybe you can post your sources.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #1296
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
I can't find any images of the "profile" of the 2011 mustang. Maybe you can post your sources.
Well, its going to look exactly the same as the 2010's
http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mus...allery/photos/
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #1297
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Give me an f.....break--I agree engines are new, but whoever designed the latest mustang front and back should be fired!!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #1298
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
uh..OK, if you say so....NOT!

..the only thing exciting about the blue oval is the motor.

..GM has created a radically new style, whereas Ford continues to make subtle changes.

..Ford designers need to think "outside the box", if they want to challenge the new Camaro in the 'style' category.

Last edited by 2010SLVRBULIT; 03-11-2010 at 05:34 PM.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #1299
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
after looking at profile shots of the camaro, mustang, and maxima, it's pretty easy to conclude that the mustang and camaro share virtually identical profiles in comparison to the maxima. The only real differences in profile between the mustang and camaro were the front bumper/grill area and the rear spoiler area.

were you maybe speaking of a specific year maxima?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #1300
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Here you go. It's not a straight on profile though.

edit: your not going to argue looks with a camaro guy no matter what you say.
I try to keep an open mind and I'm not as biased as some people can be but I honestly don't see anything on the 2009-2011 Mustangs that look good. I only give them a second look if it is the GT500 or one of the specialty cars. Those look a little more aggressive and have more styling. As far as the V6 and GT goes it just looks tired and bland. IMHO.

The Camaro has its' flaws but hands down it should get more style points than the Mustang.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #1301
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
I try to keep an open mind and I'm not as biased as some people can be but I honestly don't see anything on the 2009-2011 Mustangs that look good. I only give them a second look if it is the GT500 or one of the specialty cars. Those look a little more aggressive and have more styling. As far as the V6 and GT goes it just looks tired and bland. IMHO.

The Camaro has its' flaws but hands down it should get more style points than the Mustang.
The 2009's are the same as 2005-2008. The 2010 MY was the change.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #1302
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
2010 Camaro reached rock star status. I don't see the Mustang doing this until
it gets a new design.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video