Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2023, 09:00 PM   #967
RCwhat

Drives: 21 Gladiator Mojave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rate_of_Twist View Post
Im new, so sorry for the dumb questions...

Looking at ordering a 1SS 1LE Rapid Blue / Manual. I know this will be an impossible build and Ill wait for ever for it but I was going to add some BS cosmetic stuff with it (wicker bill, red seat belts, strut tower brace, Carmaro badges, black gas cap... that type of crap.) Given the already impossible nature if a SS 1LE, should I keep the build as basic as possible to keep it from being held for something I could add later?

Happy to delete if this is the wrong spot for this
I think I recognize you from NES. I’d recommend to keep it as simple as possible. Especially stuff you can add later. I remember some people never getting their 22 orders accepted because of dumb constraints like alloy pedals. Anyway, I ordered mine from Copeland in Brockton. I couldn’t be happier with how they handled everything. Good luck 👍🏼
RCwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:23 PM   #968
metalhead79
Yep...

Drives: 2019 1SS - sold
Quote:

Looking at ordering a 1SS 1LE Rapid Blue / Manual. I know this will be an impossible build and Ill wait for ever for it but I was going to add some BS cosmetic stuff with it (wicker bill, red seat belts, strut tower brace, Carmaro badges, black gas cap... that type of crap.) Given the already impossible nature if a SS 1LE, should I keep the build as basic as possible to keep it from being held for something I could add later?

Do like the rest of us, order what you want, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I think 1SS 1LE is easier to get than 2SS 1LE so you may get lucky.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:29 AM   #969
Rate_of_Twist

Drives: 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwhat View Post
I think I recognize you from NES. I’d recommend to keep it as simple as possible. Especially stuff you can add later. I remember some people never getting their 22 orders accepted because of dumb constraints like alloy pedals. Anyway, I ordered mine from Copeland in Brockton. I couldn’t be happier with how they handled everything. Good luck 👍🏼
Yup, that’s me!

Yeah, I think I will simplify down to just the color and the 1LE. The rest I can add later.

I will inquire at Copeland. I checked with MacMulkin Chevy and they seemed super professional but got rather vague when I started asking specifics like “how many others are in line” I get why they may not want to say, or they sales guy didn’t know, but they require a significant deposit (3k - 5k)
Rate_of_Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 06:00 AM   #970
RCwhat

Drives: 21 Gladiator Mojave
Quote:
Yup, that’s me!

Yeah, I think I will simplify down to just the color and the 1LE. The rest I can add later.

I will inquire at Copeland. I checked with MacMulkin Chevy and they seemed super professional but got rather vague when I started asking specifics like “how many others are in line” I get why they may not want to say, or they sales guy didn’t know, but they require a significant deposit (3k - 5k)
You might want to hit up these six dealers and see if any of these are available.

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...Radius=touched
RCwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:59 AM   #971
Rate_of_Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwhat View Post
You might want to hit up these six dealers and see if any of these are available.

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...Radius=touched
Thank you. I have previously reached out to all of those dealers. I had no idea buying a car was going to be this challenging!
Old 03-05-2023, 12:45 PM   #972
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
Quote:
Yup, that’s me!

Not sure it helps but allocations are based on previous sales and MacMulkin is pretty big seller, #1 in Corvettes I believe. That might help with Camaro's although now a days GM produces far fewer Camaro's then C8's.

When I had my C7 I went thru this order process as well as it was the first year in 2014. It seemed that guys who went thru MacMulkin were way quicker than others in the U.S.. I followed the forums closely on the matter at the time. I went to the top 'Vette dealer in Canada which helped a lot. Trouble is no one is well known as the top Camaro dealer in either country as far as I know, makes it tougher. Good luck !

https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/

By the way on my Camaro on order to get the order processed I had to remove the splitter and side rockers as they are under constraint.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #973
Rate_of_Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
Not sure it helps but allocations are based on previous sales and MacMulkin is pretty big seller, #1 in Corvettes I believe. That might help with Camaro's although now a days GM produces far fewer Camaro's then C8's.

When I had my C7 I went thru this order process as well as it was the first year in 2014. It seemed that guys who went thru MacMulkin were way quicker than others in the U.S.. I followed the forums closely on the matter at the time. I went to the top 'Vette dealer in Canada which helped a lot. Trouble is no one is well known as the top Camaro dealer in either country as far as I know, makes it tougher. Good luck !

https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/

By the way on my Camaro on order to get the order processed I had to remove the splitter and side rockers as they are under constraint.
A splitter is such a weird thing to have under constraint!
Old 03-05-2023, 01:24 PM   #974
CamaroRSOnt

Quote:
A splitter is such a weird thing to have under constraint!

Agree but it is what it is. My option code for the splitter and side rocker mouldings is PCR/LPO , highlighted in red. Dealer notified me that GM required they be removed to accept the order. Here you can see those codes on that constraint list posted earlier on this thread. What I find weird is the 6 cyl Camaro engine (LGX) is constrained, that engine is used in a lot of models in the GM lineup so are they starving the Camaro while others are built with it? My order has the V8 but my current RS has the V6, great engine, my friends Malibu has the same engine.
Attached Images

2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
Old 03-15-2023, 08:59 AM   #975
Slip3Kid

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS
Found this in another thread,

March 9th #Chevy #Camaro Constraint update ⬆️:
For customers that have orders at your local dealership for 2023 hope this information helps you get your order pushed through! We all know that the micro chip shortage is still playing a huge role in the amount of vehicles that can get built from #GM! ok here we go and all this information is for Target Production Periods (TPP) of 10-April-2023:
1: 23 Camaro Coupe ZL1 with the 1LE Track package 📦 has a National Allocation Quantity of 3% for the model year due to supplier restrictions (aka Carbon Fiber I believe)
2. 23 Camaro Coupe ZL1 without A1Z Extreme Track package 📦 has a National allocation quantity of 17% for the whole country for the rest of the model year! So this means chances are better of getting a ZL1 without the 1LE package are higher than with it.
3. If you have a Camaro order with the (WBL) Redline Edition with Shark 🦈 skin Metallic exterior that package is on constraint until April at 15% of National allocation quantity!
4. If you have a Camaro with (57V 20” Caliente Wheels) that is a model year constraint at 30% of National allocation quantity!
5. If you have a 23 Camaro order 1LT/2LT with the LGX V6 Engine there is a material constraint for the model year at only 5% of Marino allocation quantity! So more 2.0L turbo cars are getting built then V6 engines at this time!
6 and 7. If you have a 23 Camaro 3LT order at your local dealership due to material restrictions it will be harder to get as only 5% of National allocation quantity is left for the model year! And only 5% of that will be allocated with the 3LT with LGX Engine!
8. 23 Camaro 1LZ and 1SS orders due to material restrictions is at a 20% of National allocation quantity so better chances to get that LT1 and 1SS trim levels over the lower trims!
9. 23 Camaro 2SS due to material restrictions has a 20% of National allocation constraints for the model year!
10. Last but not least 23 Camaro orders 1LS/1LT/2LT/3LT with MXO Automatic Transmission without LGX engine so 2.0 turbo has a 25% of National Allocation Quantity!
Hope this helps with Camaro customers out there and any questions or comments feel free to ask or leave down below!
2010 Synergy Edition 1LT 3.6L V6 with Volant Cold Air Induction and MRT v2 Axle Back exhaust, AAC Oracle Halos & Fogs, Afterburner, Max LED Underglow, footweels lighting, green dome lighting, camaro door sills, and carbon fiber bowties & side gills!
Slip3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:34 AM   #976
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Per GM Authority sources - These Thirteen 2023 Chevy Camaro Options And Packages Are Now Unavailable To Order

Quote:
  • Design Package 2 (PDN)
  • Design Package 3 (PDP)
  • Black Accent Package (PDK)
  • Satin Black Front Splitter/Side Rockers Package (PCR)
  • Ground Effects Package (5VM)
  • Ground Effects (VTD)
  • Body-color front splitter (RZ3)
  • Satin Black rocker moldings (STI)
  • Satin Black, second-generation front splitter (SL2)
  • Carbon Flash Metallic front splitter (RMH)
  • Weather Protection Package (VQG)
  • All-weather cargo mat (VLI)
  • All-weather floor mats (VAV)
Current mileage: 313
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:39 AM   #977
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
My dealer told me he has an allocation coming tomorrow but they don't know what the exact constraints will be on their order yet. He said they are getting two allocations for convertibles, so I guess it is pretty good odds that he can get one 2SS for me. Fingers crossed!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 05:17 PM   #978
CamaroRSOnt

To get my order moved ahead I had remove the front splitter and side rocker package. That was a couple of weeks ago the dealer came back to me on it.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
Old 03-16-2023, 07:41 AM   #979
SMURFSUP

Drives: Rapid Blue 2023 2ss 1LE
Quote:

Thats what i did when i ordered mine. I went with a 2SS but figured, if i wanna add stuff later i could instead of having it held up becuase of add ons that could be done on my own.

It came fast but that was in Aug and i got the car Dec 1st.. Its deff different now but that might help you keeping it simple and adding later.

1981 Camaro Bahama Blue. 510BigBlock
2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
----------------------------------------------
1100 - 08/29/2022 ----------------------- 4000 - 11/03/2022 Vehicle Available to Ship
2000 - 09/12/2022 ----------------------- 4V03 - 11/20/2022 Estimated Delivery Date
3000 - 09/27/2022 TPW-10/24/2022 ----5000 - 11/16/2022 Arrived at Dealership
3800 - 11/03/2022 Vehicle Produced ----6000 - 12/01/2022 Customer Picked Up Vehicle
SMURFSUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 06:17 PM   #980
jimvike

Drives: Pontiac Trans Am
I’ve had an order sitting since November 5th. It has the all weather floor mats that are constrained. I sure hope that option isn’t holding up the order. Seems like it would be built and shipped without or dealer would contact to drop the mats so the order could be accepted.
jimvike is offline   Reply With Quote