Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #85
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
i signed.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #86
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I swear...if people obeyed traffic laws LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, they wouldn't get stopped and issued a citation.

AND....FURTHERMORE, if people were to obey traffic laws (ie: NOT RUNNING RED LIGHTS), traffic accidents would decrease DRAMATICALLY.

The whole purpose behind red light cameras is misconstrued to be a money generator for the city. Everyone thinks "redlight cameras??? Just another way to screw over the common man and take his money." The purpose of red light cameras are to force people to slow down and not ....RUN RED LIGHTS. What is the main purpose? To prevent (or try to deter) traffic accidents. HELLO?!?!?!

YOU don't work the streets and YOU don't see the amount of accidents we work EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY (many of which happen because people run red lights!!!)

So keep on believing that red light cameras are ONLY there to hit you in the pocket book....and MAYBE one day someone will see that redlight camera as they are approaching the intersection and go "CRAP!!!!" as they hit the brakes slowing down and stopping as YOU go passing through the intersection avoiding getting T-boned.

Sure....keep complaining about traffic laws. They are there to save your life, the lives of those in the car with you, and the lives of everyone else on the road.

And no...I don't deal with red light cameras in my city. Yes, it's civil and not criminal. Avoid the problems altogether by slowing and stopping.

Front license plate issue......

Fine. Don't put a front license on your new Camaro. When your Camaro is stolen and it's behind me on the parkway while I'm in my patrol vehicle, I'll run that front license plate......wait, there is NO front license plate????.....shoot, well, forget it because I can't get a plate so I can't run it and once again, they get away turning off behind me before I can get the back plate. But it's okay because you didn't want to put that front license plate on there anyway.

RANT OVER.

Sorry bout this rant.....but I see it everyday. I see the accidents and the people who are at fault for them because they fail to (or refuse to) obey traffic laws. I have seen the people who die on our roads because others ran a red light. I have seen the dad and his son who went out to get ice cream and when on the way home, got t-boned by someone who was speeding trying to make the red light. When someone tells me that red light cameras are ONLY put there to generate money, I say BULL SH!T.
Figures coming from a cop!!! If you werent so lazy you might get behind that suspisouse vehicle and check its plates since you might have to pull it over??? Front plates are not going to keep people from runing reds but peoples individual integrity will, or people wouldnt be getting caught by the Cams. as the cams go, yes they are rigged. u will notice at every cam light that the amber is almost none exhisting, almost a flash. lol.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #87
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
You found a old thread lol. Cheaper ways to mount a front plate than using jacfab. Mine cost me #2.00.

2 of these thru the lower grille and your good.
2 pounds of what? Flesh? OOUCH!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #88
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
Front plates are important because all the "brothas" back they cars into parking spaces.

That's profiling...and profiling is wrong.

Admit it. Front plates are more important for creating a great reflective target when shooting LIDAR.

i know for a fact most cops profile a lot of young colored adults like myself. but i've had countless experiences with cops pulling me over for something stupid or they make some bullshit up just to run my DL, but when they want to search my car and trunk, now that's bs. no warrant, no search. i have nothing to hide, but i won't let a cop take advantage of me. BUT i have noticed when i'm dressed up in a suit, i'm like invisible...but at the same time i've had experiences with cool ass cops.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #89
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
So hows it going with this petition? I see it started a few yrs back.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #90
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I swear...if people obeyed traffic laws LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, they wouldn't get stopped and issued a citation.

AND....FURTHERMORE, if people were to obey traffic laws (ie: NOT RUNNING RED LIGHTS), traffic accidents would decrease DRAMATICALLY.

The whole purpose behind red light cameras is misconstrued to be a money generator for the city. Everyone thinks "redlight cameras??? Just another way to screw over the common man and take his money." The purpose of red light cameras are to force people to slow down and not ....RUN RED LIGHTS. What is the main purpose? To prevent (or try to deter) traffic accidents. HELLO?!?!?!

YOU don't work the streets and YOU don't see the amount of accidents we work EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY (many of which happen because people run red lights!!!)

So keep on believing that red light cameras are ONLY there to hit you in the pocket book....and MAYBE one day someone will see that redlight camera as they are approaching the intersection and go "CRAP!!!!" as they hit the brakes slowing down and stopping as YOU go passing through the intersection avoiding getting T-boned.

Sure....keep complaining about traffic laws. They are there to save your life, the lives of those in the car with you, and the lives of everyone else on the road.

And no...I don't deal with red light cameras in my city. Yes, it's civil and not criminal. Avoid the problems altogether by slowing and stopping.

Front license plate issue......

Fine. Don't put a front license on your new Camaro. When your Camaro is stolen and it's behind me on the parkway while I'm in my patrol vehicle, I'll run that front license plate......wait, there is NO front license plate????.....shoot, well, forget it because I can't get a plate so I can't run it and once again, they get away turning off behind me before I can get the back plate. But it's okay because you didn't want to put that front license plate on there anyway.

RANT OVER.

Sorry bout this rant.....but I see it everyday. I see the accidents and the people who are at fault for them because they fail to (or refuse to) obey traffic laws. I have seen the people who die on our roads because others ran a red light. I have seen the dad and his son who went out to get ice cream and when on the way home, got t-boned by someone who was speeding trying to make the red light. When someone tells me that red light cameras are ONLY put there to generate money, I say BULL SH!T.

Unfortunately for you, studies have shown that red light cameras actually cause MORE accidents than they are supposed to "prevent". People are getting rear ended at a much higher rate because people began SLAMMING on the brakes when there were still enough time to pass safely. I actually seen this in person a few times.

Second, the city next to mine have been sued and lost in a suit claiming that the lights were intentionally tampered with by the PRIVATE company that owns them. So it's not as simple as "STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE!" when the system itself is trying to take advantage of you in the first place. By the way, that city (Union City) had to repay back something like $40 mil(not sure the exact amounts but it is in the millions) in red light tickets because of this corrupt rigging between the city and these private companies.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #91
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXRBAKO69 View Post
I hate the front plate law, as well as tint. The only two I wish would be gone. However it will not be taken off because of the money those two laws make for the cities. After correcting the problem it will still cost you between 25 to 35 dollars. Depending on wether or not you have been hit before. Thats a lot of easy money for the cities all around California that are broke. I think its wrong for people to be sitting here trying to bash our police officers. I have had my issues with them, and some times I feel I was unfairly treated. However that is just how it works, and trying to make them out to be really aweful people is just plain wrong. Sign the petition and support the others that have signed and maybe we can win one for the people. Becuase just plain crying about it won't solve the issue. And for those crying about camara lights..... Don't run them. Plain and simple. Remember if you have time to step on it to speed up, you have time to slow down to a stop.

It is not that simple. I'm sure most of us won't intentionally run red lights but sometimes you're going at the speed limit yet the timing of the light just so happens to puts you in a spot where braking hard to stop would cause danger behind you and speeding up would put you at the risk of getting a ticket. Lose-lose situation. Like I said before, it has been found that a lot of these lights have been rigged to reduce the length of the yellow just so that they can make you cough up $500.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote