Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #71
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Yes to some this is just a car. They themselves have not had the pride in owning something like this or don't want to put the energy into something like this.

For us we focus our passion into our cars. A true motor enthusiest looks at all vehicles and sees something interesting or eye catching. We may not enjoy other makes and models as much as the Chevrolet Camaro, but you can not deny the fact that there is something out there that has caught our eyes and enjoyed it.

My family has had this 1938 plymoth in the family since it was new. My Great great aunt bought it and it was the pride of the family. They did everything in that car. Ranging from going to the lake every summer to going to the theater. It's never seen snow, or even a hint of salt. (Minnesota car, that's impressive). My dad was given this car when he was 17 and tried his hardest to make sure it ran every year. Well 2 years ago he searched and found the perfect person to restore it, and now it looks like it's brand new again.

This is not a car, its a piece of my families history. Every generation we have photos of different family members next to it. This is not a car. It's my link to the past.

My Camaro will be my families look in to mine and my kids past. This is not just a car....
Nice story and nice car
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #72
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
I should also comment that..

The best way to handle a door ding that you witnessed and they attempt to leave is to call the police. Stop them, give them a chance to give their insurance info..if they refuse, tell them the police are on their way.

Going back and kicking their door or going to their HOUSE and doing that damage is so completely stupid and retarded I'm surprised that lead isnt a main course meal in their life, because they are mentally damaged.

I know for a fact that if I found someone on my property, severely damaging MY car with their either hands or a tool, I would greet them with my Sig Saur .45 . If they proceeded to come at me with intent to cause a problem or with a weapon, I would then kill them.

Keep that in mind, dont lose your head, or you may end up with a bullet in it.
Pretty sure that some of the comments are sarcastic and just to make a point (yes others HAVE admitted to damaging others property in return -- but again, I think most of it was joking)...
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #73
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
It's comical how usually the person who says "It's just a car", almost ALWAYS is someone who indeed does not own anything nice, or take care of their things. (They usually are slobs also.)

PEOPLE who actually have nice things and take care of them are in a WAY WAY different world than most of the general public who pick their noses in public and make stupid comments like it's just a car.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #74
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post

Like when people act like your cars not important and THEIR kids should mean more to you (particularly strangers) - ugh...no....they are YOUR kids - not mine...my car is my "child" if you want me to respect little Timmy and not break Timmy's arm, then Timmy better not scratch my damned car....
Ok, I need you to pass me one of those keyboard cleaning thingy's... to clean all the damn coke out of it...

The worst ones of these are those that subscribe to Dr Spocks theory of sparing the rod... While my next door neighbors are good people, their kids, whom I love dearly, ages 1, 3 and 5 are some terribly destructive kiddos... The elder of the three is not happy unless he is destroying something... His mother rarely talks to me anymore and made a snide comment to another neighbor the other day when I bought my wife a new Nissan Maurano that "of course they wont own anything but the best"...

Duhhhh, I've earned that through thirty plus years of really hard work... She doesn't want to work, and she wonders why we have nice new stuff and they don't... She has a better house than I had for 25 of those working years... She absolutely forbids the kids from coming in my garage for the juice box's we keep for them... (is that hunting over a baited trap). She comes in and gets them now and screams at the kids if they get close to my car... The five year old almost ran into it on purpose on his bike... I screamed (inside my head) and gave her a please explain that it's my car and not their toy to destroy look...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #75
josh52382

Drives: Black 2ss 6m with cyber grey strips
Well I have a little story, One day I was driving home with a headache from hell. I decided to stop at McDonalds to eat, and when I came out there was this really larger woman leaning on my car. when I walked toward the car she looked at me and still did not move off my car. I got about 5 ft. from my car and kindly said can you get off my car please. She said sorry and you have and nice car. I replied I know just wish people would not lean on it.

I was so mad I really wanted to just rip her head off. But Glad I didnt.
josh52382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #76
vafinest25

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
The one time I heard that from a guy, my reply was " ok no problem, in a few seconds your gonna feel slight pressure" ...
my $hit!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #77
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
There isn't ONE PERSON on this forum who looks at the Camaro as JUST a car.

If someone says to you ITS JUST A CAR, it shows they aren't a 'enthusiast' they dont ' get it '.

You need a response?

How about:
Since my car cant tell you to **** off I will.
Please dont sit on my ****ing car, how would you like it if I was sitting on yours?
Are you retarded? The benches are over there
If this is just a car, then whats yours? A Shit box?

Sorry, I'm a little jaded at the moment to people saying "its just a car".

Ya, it is ''just a car'' but to people like us, this is our passion and our hobby..

Next time look at your wife and say
"There just a pair of shoes"

That gave me a good laugh of the day! Awesome responses!
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #78
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
Its like when people walk their dogs, and allow them to shit on your Grass, and not clean it up ...I mean I put a lot of Time, $$$, and effort to keep my lawn nice,. same with a car..keep your kids off my car,,,no running the fingers (finger nails scratch) along the side of my doors,fenders, lights..They just don't think.....ok i vented,,,thanks ..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #79
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
I hung out with a car club called Twisted Illusions in Oklahoma City because a few of my friends are part of the club. We were at a meeting and a guy named Tony was getting in a fight with another guy, Adam. Adam left, and people were asking why Tony hadn't dragged Adam out of his car (crappy honda), and Tony said that it was disrespectful to mess with him in his car. Any car can have special meaning to someone. My Jeep, my Dad bought for me without me knowing it was going to be mine, and I plan to keep the damn thing for the rest of my life, it will always be special to me, not only in the fact that it's my first car and I plan to wheel it, but that my Dad got it for me and I would feel terrible to get rid of her.
When my Dad was younger, he had a red '77 Camaro, with a red bowtie blueprinted and balanced sprint car motor dropped in. My Mom made him get rid of it when they got married. Now that they are divorced (finally) he bought his 2010 VR SS/RS as a final fu** you to my Mom. Cars can have several meanings to several different people, but whatever it is, respect them. If someone hurts my Jeep, they better know what's coming.
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote