Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM   #71
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
It's a Decepticon
Old 05-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #72
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
As mentioned this was at Bakers in MI on Saturday.

It doesn't appear to be a CTF car as there is no CTF sticker in the lower left hand corner of the windshield...

And that does not look like Tom Peters driving it.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #73
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post

It doesn't appear to be a CTF car as there is no CTF sticker in the lower left hand corner of the windshield...

It has to be CTF...or something that is non-production. They aren't producing VIN equipped cars just yet.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #74
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'm sure it will look good in person. However, with the basic profile so similar to the 5th gen, I wonder if the 6th will look dated before it's time. In two years, will it look like an 8 year old car?
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #75
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post

Could be one of the prototype cars with the out camo.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #76
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It has to be CTF...or something that is non-production. They aren't producing VIN equipped cars just yet.
It doesn't not have to be a CTF car, but yes it is pre-production. All cars have a VIN as that is how they are tracked. Deductive reason puts these as MVBns (non-saleable cars) the MVBs (saleable) become CTF (captured test fleet) cars and can be sold.

General too much information overview:

After initial engineering work the first stage an upcoming GM vehicle goes through is the “mule” stage. During this stage they typically take a donor car and strip it of most of its components and then refit the car with components for the new car. In some cases they have to modify the body of the vehicle to fit the components of the new vehicle. Mules are always hand-built units intended for early pre-development and occur nearly a year in advance of more realistic prototypes. Mule testers are typically built at GM’s Pre-Production Operations (PPO) facility.

After the mule stage, future product programs enter the Integration Vehicle Engineer Release (IVER) phase. IVER testers are also built at the PPO on a modified assembly line. Typically each station on the PPO assembly line represents 5 to 10 manufacturing stations from the vehicle’s normal assembly plant. The purpose of the IVER stage is to test all electronic components of the vehicle and ensure that it is “running” correctly.

Next up is the Production Process Validation (PPV) phase. PPV cars are built at the vehicle’s designated assembly plant with the intent on testing the manufacturing process. After the PPV cars are assembly, they are also tested to identify the current level of functionality.

The last non-sellable phase of development for a vehicle is the Manufacturing Validation Build (MVB) stage. The first stage is MVBns. During this process the are, again, built at the designated assembly plant and only last minute tweaking is done to the vehicle at this point. After the round of non-sellable MVB units, the program enters the MVBs stage. These are test vehicles used to verify everything is ready for regular production. MVBs vehicles can be sold.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #77
QTHEGREAT
Account Suspended

Drives: Mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
It's a 6th Gen Camaro. That's a gorgeous car. They took all the retro out of the 5th Gen and made a modern Camaro. They'll sell a million of them. I like retro, so I like the 5th better. I even like the retro, cheap interior better. But I am an old guy and that new Camaro is for young guys. The 14-15 is the best look, IMHO.

Hey , I'm young and like the retro better.
QTHEGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #78
Jcashan

Drives: Yellow 2014 2SS RS 1LE W/ RECAROS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I can narrow it down for ya.....since none of the vehicles in the pics have front plates it could be in one of 19 states!
It has a plate in the back left corner of the rear window
Jcashan is offline   Reply With Quote