The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #71
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGruff View Post
No more CTS-V? Nooooooo!
Just what I was thinking .. hell of a car.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #72
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
Many, many good points here on this thread. My thoughts are we are still sailing in uncharted water here and anything could happen. Some of you talk like the new Camaro is GM's savior and a very profitable car. Guys we are the minority die hard fans. 15,000 pre-orders is okay but nothing to get all excited about. We'll have to see when more of these hit the road if seeing the car spurs more sales from new buyers. That is what it will take to keep this baby alive. Remember GM killed the F-Body with sales of around 75,000 per year so this ones got a ways to go. And at some point early demand will be satisfied and they will no longer be able to get MSRP for these. They may even have to offer some incentives which cuts into profitability. TIme will tell.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by monza66mo View Post
When they announced the end of Pontiac followed by the bankrupting of GM several so-called wise people in the industry speculated that the end of Corvette, Cadilliac CTS and Camaro was near.

If anything, the more the media spouts off this stuff, the more people order and buy these cars.

Who knows how it will all wash out in the end? I'm just glad that I ordered my Camaro when I did instead of waiting for the 2011 like I had originally planned.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #73
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Yep CTSV is a great car so that's a political thing.
The SS is on very thin ice.

Ever see that show Ice Road Truckers?

Well it's Ice Road SS's... the series.

So in summary I would propose.
2011 LS looses 300HP DI V6 and get's some kind of high milage 4 banger or straight 6 with active cyl mgmt. Needs to be 180HP probably better at 200-220 if that would be possible. Maybe it's too heavy to get more average mpg I don't know. 4L60E would be tranny. GM can get these dirt cheap and the top can be geared up for mpg. This is to get the price down near entry Mustang and to distract people from SS power train.

Would also ditch things like the back seats and anything not bolted down to make LS cheaper. Keep 1LT as the first DI engine. No RJT, IOM or White on LS. (just because ?? lol).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #74
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
camaro is slated until 2014ish.. i believe..
Thats the info i heard, but atleast 2013 when I talked to a GM rep
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #75
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Ahhh, I'm not worried then. If the reporter is saying expect it to vanish, that's like them saying the world is coming to an end. I will wait for GM to announce this is possible.

It's a possibility sure, but I'm keeping the faith.
Keeping what faith?? GM is no longer GM in a few days... I apologize but this is the sad truth very soon.. I'm quite certain that we all will still get our Camaro's as planned, however sooner than later a restructuring of the models and engines placed inside vehicles will occur and at the moment there is no Faith keeping since we know what Obama's and his appointed extreme leftist cabinet members will be pushing in the years to come. To me the term "keeping the faith" no longer has the same meaning when talking about GM anymore. All I can do is pray the forced drastic change of GM's current high performance vehicle line does not occur..
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #76
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Actually the CTS-V is safe for now. The fifth model is the STS-V.

1. Impala SS
2. Cobalt SS sedan
3. G6 GXP
4. HHR SS
5. STS-V
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #77
prostreet67

Drives: 67 prostreet
they want our guns now they want our cars they better get mine in that order

2LT/RS-RJT, auto, sunroof,
polished wheels, spare.
order placed 3/13
3000 5/27
brought home 7/30
prostreet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #78
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

With an almost certain bankruptcy filing days away, General Motors is beginning its reinvention, planning to retool one factory to make its smallest vehicles ever in the U.S. and rid itself of the biggest.

This is a foreshadowing of what is to come with ever gas guzzling car or SUV...
Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #79
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I think NOT

http://www.autoobserver.com/2009/05/...owerhouse.html

As Lutz predicted despite GM's current financial woes and the upcoming more stringent fuel-economy rules, the automaker's future product portfolio will still include a full range of cars, sports cars, like the Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro (which gets a convertible version for 2011), SUVs and trucks.

Those will be sold alongside more hybrids -- both mild and full -- and more Chevrolet Volt-type vehicles, including the Opel Ampera. Lutz said GM assumes that even with a new partner for its German subsidiary Opel, vehicles will be shared, including the Opel Ampera, a version of the Volt that will be built in Michigan and shipped to Europe.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #80
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Look few things in life are for certain, this isn't news folks. HOWEVER, GM still knows that not everyone wants a FWD joy-kill hybrid compact five-door hatch. People are still going to want to light up rear-driven wheels and drive cars that scare the living crap out of unsuspecting greenies on our local high-ways and by-ways, cars like the Camaro. I certainly don't see Cadillac killing any of it's rear-driven products like the CTS, because that's what segment of that market demands. Same goes for Chevy and the Camaro as well as the Vette. At the same time things won't continue the same as they were, cars will obviously get smaller and lighter and use smaller but more efficent, "green" powertrains. The good folks at Chevy and GM know there are folks like us that want the Camaro to stick around, and going by comments from Fritz, Lutz and others there's lots to look forward to.
If there's one thing I see going forward and as the market seems to be molded around and has been for sometime is that Americans WILL NOT be told what they should wear or what they should drive. We decide. We have always been a highly individualistic society unwilling to conform to conventionalism, and I'm almost positive GM, Ford and Chrysler are well aware of this.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #81
Shadowmind

Drives: 2010 2SS - IOM, fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
People are still going to want to light up rear-driven wheels and drive cars that scare the living crap out of unsuspecting greenies on our local high-ways and by-ways, cars like the Camaro. .
YEAH!! Whatever will NASCAR do if the bigblocks get nuked?

j/k!
Shadowmind is offline   Reply With Quote