Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
if you look carefully enough you can find

GS for 58.5k 1lt
I found a Zo6 17 1lz for 71.5k new
z51 1lt 2017 6800 off msrp.......
zl1 the best I can find is employee pricing not many discounts yet
But the ZL1 is equipped more like a 2LT/2LZ Vette. Wouldn't it be better to judge apples to apples as much as possible?

And...options you want, like the exposed CF hood....on the Corvette, they charge $2000.00 for that...Camaro's identical (and imo, better looking) option costs just $600.00.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #72
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
But the ZL1 is equipped more like a 2LT/2LZ Vette. Wouldn't it be better to judge apples to apples as much as possible?

And...options you want, like the exposed CF hood....on the Corvette, they charge $2000.00 for that...Camaro's identical (and imo, better looking) option costs just $600.00.
the camaro is the ultimate muscle car, but the corvette looks more like a supercar so many people think its a ferrari, not sold on that zl1 front grille , also the leather inside is a bit nicer than the alcantara
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
the camaro is the ultimate muscle car, but the corvette looks more like a supercar so many people think its a ferrari, not sold on that zl1 front grille , also the leather inside is a bit nicer than the alcantara
What does that have to do with my reply about keeping trim levels similar before making a point about price?

The reality is (at least for me)...MSRP for MSRP...a Grand Sport equipped as identically as I can to a $67,000 ZL1 (pretty much loaded)...is $84,000. And that doesn't include an LT4. That's pretty steep.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #74
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
What does that have to do with my reply about keeping trim levels similar before making a point about price?

The reality is (at least for me)...MSRP for MSRP...a Grand Sport equipped as identically as I can to a $67,000 ZL1 (pretty much loaded)...is $84,000. And that doesn't include an LT4. That's pretty steep.
How are you a equipping the Grand Sport?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #75
10spd

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
How did you manage to get to $84,000? I don't think that's "equipped as identically as" a 67k ZL1.

The GS 2LT trim starts at 70,900 before the $4,782 factory rebate and additional dealer discount are applied.
10spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
How are you a equipping the Grand Sport?
2LT, Automatic, Comp. Seats, Black Wheels, Exposed Carbon Fiber hood, Painted ground effects, Red Seat Belts, Carbon Fiber interior trim, MyLink Nav w/ PDR.

Don't get me wrong....I hold the Corvette in higher performance regard than Camaro...it's just a fact of physics!

But I'll happily take an extra 350 lbs to save $14,000 vs a Grand Sport...or $30,000 vs a Z06. That's a lot of tires, gas, and track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spd View Post
How did you manage to get to $84,000? I don't think that's "equipped as identically as" a 67k ZL1.

The GS 2LT trim starts at 70,900 before the $4,782 factory rebate and additional dealer discount are applied.
I assure you, it is. The two cars would appear to be fraternal twins!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #77
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
The Corvette might be confused with a Ferrari because of their sleek lines but the Camaro will NEVER be confused with any other car! Does the new ZL1 have an aggressive front end, very definitely. It shouts, "If You Get in My Path I'm Going To Eat You Alive". It does not pretend to be anything other than the ultimate performance coupe that has the horsepower and abilities to compete with cars four times it's price.

As far as the suede inserts, the suede in my ZL1 works so well that I ordered suede inserts in my Corvette. I'm very blessed to be able to have both cars and both cars have their own distinctive driving abilities. Both are very special cars in their own unique way.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #78
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
The Corvette might be confused with a Ferrari because of their sleek lines but the Camaro will NEVER be confused with any other car! Does the new ZL1 have an aggressive front end, very definitely. It shouts, "If You Get in My Path I'm Going To Eat You Alive". It does not pretend to be anything other than the ultimate performance coupe that has the horsepower and abilities to compete with cars four times it's price.

As far as the suede inserts, the suede in my ZL1 works so well that I ordered suede inserts in my Corvette. I'm very blessed to be able to have both cars and both cars have their own distinctive driving abilities. Both are very special cars in their own unique way.
I love the suede as well. I'm thinking of adding more (console, dash, etc.) from Trunk Monkey.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #79
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Just drove a Grand Sport today. IMO you are paying for the exotic looks (rear tires are STEAMROLLERS) and extra grip on track. The 1LE handling limits are already higher than can be reached on the street and it has better noise isolation. Also prefer the 6MT over 7MT. However, I prefer the C7 seats over Camaro Recaros.

I have to say the driving position in both is spot on.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:02 AM   #80
formoutofchaos

Quote:

check out macmulkin or kerbeck they are like 8k off

ps I do like the zl1 and plan on getting closer to it hopefully a test drive soon

Quote:

does this make your decision harder?

http://kerbeck.com/corvettes/2017-ch...lt-new-g17234/
Old 12-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #81
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
check out macmulkin or kerbeck they are like 8k off

ps I do like the zl1 and plan on getting closer to it hopefully a test drive soon

does this make your decision harder?

http://kerbeck.com/corvettes/2017-ch...lt-new-g17234/
That's a great find! But not really...the price I expect to pay for the ZL1 is still ~$5,000 less...cheaper insurance...more versatility...better automatic (A10), and oh, that LT4....

If I had an extra $10k that I was willing to spend...sales like the one you posted would be incredibly hard to pass up.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #82
formoutofchaos

Quote:
That's a great find! But not really...the price I expect to pay for the ZL1 is still ~$5,000 less...cheaper insurance...more versatility...better automatic (A10), and oh, that LT4....

If I had an extra $10k that I was willing to spend...sales like the one you posted would be incredibly hard to pass up.
Im hoping to test drive the zl1 i'll probably fall in love with the power
Old 12-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #83
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemonta View Post
pdiddy972 I feel exactly the same way.
I made my decision and came down on the Grand Sport side:

pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #84
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemonta View Post
When reviewing the specs, the ZL1 is not as expensive, is faster [0-60 mph, & 1/4 mile] and is rated at 1.02 g's which is almost the same as the G.S. without the Z07 performance package.
This article measured the non-Z07 Grand Sport at 1.13g

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...t-cars-feature

Quote:
Even without the Z07 package, stops from 70 mph take 136 feet, and grip on the skidpad is an unbelievable 1.13 g’s. These are supercar numbers that move into the hypercar realm when the Vette is equipped with the Z07’s exotic rubber and brakes. In the real world, it’s nigh on impossible to regularly tap the Grand Sport’s potential.
And there's also this:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...t-test-review/

Quote:
Let’s get to it. In a straight line, the Grand Sport with the seven-speed manual (which also comes with the Z51’s shorter gears) hits 60 mph in 3.9 seconds and runs across one quarter mile of tarmac in 12.2 seconds at 116.1 mph. That’s pretty good, though it should be noted that the slightly less powerful (455 hp, 455 lb-ft of torque) Camaro SS 1LE hits 60 mph in 4.0 seconds and does the quarter-mile dash in 12.4 seconds at 114.2 mph. The GS manual weighs 3,464 pounds, whereas the Camaro clocks in at 3,735 pounds. But start turning the wheel, and the Grand Sport records a maximum lateral acceleration number of 1.18 g. That’s the best we’ve ever recorded from a production vehicle. That 1LE Camaro pulls a 1.09, which is pretty good. But again, the Grand Sport has the most grip of any production car on earth.
Quote:
The row-your-own GS does pretty well in the figure eight, too. By that I mean 22.3 seconds. Where does that time sit in our performance pantheon? Fourth place, all time, behind the Porsche 918 Spyder, Corvette Z06, and Dodge Viper ACR in Track mode. The Corvette Grand Sport can boast about being the quickest sub-$100,000 car around our figure eight. Braking from 60 to 0 mph is phenomenal, as well, happening in 90 feet. That’s the third-best stopping distance we’ve ever tested, though the second-best car. Huh? Well, the ACR owns both the top two spots, stopping shorter in both Street and Track configurations, 87 versus 88 feet. I should also point out that that three other cars are tied with the GS’s 90-foot stop of braking, and all of them are Corvettes. One more data point for you: The Grand Sport manual recently competed against a Porsche Carrera S and beat the German car by 0.8 second around Big Willow. The Corvette’s time of 1:26:28 makes it the ninth-quickest car Randy Pobst has ever lapped for us there. Every single car that beats the Grand Sport packs at least an additional 100 horsepower, if not much (Aventador), much (918 Spyder) more.
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote