Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I must wear blinders, or have traumatic memory loss.....because half of the issues people have with this car just don't exist when I sit in it.....
Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #58
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I must wear blinders, or have traumatic memory loss.....because half of the issues people have with this car just don't exist when I sit in it.....
I hear ya, I couldn't really find anything wrong with the car when I test drove it. It is comfortable(reminds me of the comfort I have in my Monte Carlo) I can reach anything. Ya the opening of the trunk is rather small but if it was larger than that would mean that they would have had to redesign the trunk lid and back end of the car and we all know how THAT turned out, and I would want to change that design just to get a big screen tv into my trunk(gotta truck for that)
It rides awesome and has plenty of power even the V6 has good power(feels about the same power as my supercharged Monte Carlo)
I'm thinkin maybe my sister is a little biased because she is a radio DJ and Ford is giving her a advertising promo deal, and I cannot blame her. She DOES have a nice Mustang ........just not my cup of tea
Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #59
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
I hear ya, I couldn't really find anything wrong with the car when I test drove it. It is comfortable(reminds me of the comfort I have in my Monte Carlo) I can reach anything. Ya the opening of the trunk is rather small but if it was larger than that would mean that they would have had to redesign the trunk lid and back end of the car and we all know how THAT turned out, and I would want to change that design just to get a big screen tv into my trunk(gotta truck for that)
It rides awesome and has plenty of power even the V6 has good power(feels about the same power as my supercharged Monte Carlo)
I'm thinkin maybe my sister is a little biased because she is a radio DJ and Ford is giving her a advertising promo deal, and I cannot blame her. She DOES have a nice Mustang ........just not my cup of tea
Oh, don't get me wrong -- I do like the Mustang...but I DON'T like constantly reading "Oh, YEAHHHH...the Camaro just SUCKS at this, and that's no good...and this is awful..."

...What!?!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #60
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong -- I do like the Mustang...but I DON'T like constantly reading "Oh, YEAHHHH...the Camaro just SUCKS at this, and that's no good...and this is awful..."

...What!?!

Too funny.......that is just what my sister was saying tonight and this is right after I simply asked her why she got a mustang, it didn't start with her just saying nice things about the mustang, instead she just started out by bashing the camaro.
Bless her heart though, I could sense that she really couldn't say anything nice about a camaro because she got such a good deal on the stang and probably had to sign a contract stating that she only could talk nice about a Ford, being a popular radio personality she has to really watch things that she says every where she goes, I dont blame her though, she just doesh't know what she is missing.
One of the things I have noticed in lifes dealings is when someone really likes something and ends up getting something different for whatever reason, they usually start bashing the thing they really wanted in any way they can just to justify to themselves and their decision to purchase of the thing they really didn't want in the first place. I see it happen all the time, like I said ......bless her heart.
luckily for her she has good luck with her stangs, I just tell her not to let me drive them because they have a tendency for breaking down on me [disclaimer-I only am making this comment because of my true life experiences, so before you Ford guys that are lurking this forum start flaming me I apologize for "bashing" a Ford]
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #61
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT
theres 2000+ 2011 mustangs sitting on a lot here in detroit that are getting worked on because theres a big injection problem
CaMeRoN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #62
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
One of the things I have noticed in lifes dealings is when someone really likes something and ends up getting something different for whatever reason, they usually start bashing the thing they really wanted in any way they can just to justify to themselves and their decision to purchase of the thing they really didn't want in the first place.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've done it myself a few times...though luckily I caught it before I got too carried away.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

The only thing I don't like about this car is the baseballs.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #64
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyTerra View Post
2011DropTop, personally I think you are a bit overly sensitive for a guy.
that is all for now.
some people are, I might be one of them
Old 06-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #65
SweetSandMan

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS
Quote:
your the only one here having a problem with it, ya some disagree with me on the original topic and I have no issues with them, they are not trolls like you, I can spot a troll pretty easily and you are the perfect example of one.
either way you wont find me on a Mustank forum......PERIOD
I own a Cobalt SS and I'm on a Camaro forum...does that make me a troll? I stopped going on the Cobalt SS forums because the Cobalt community is filled with A LOT of self indulgent people that think their car is the fastest/greatest thing ever and can't be beat. One of the big reasons ill be selling my balt soon enough and moving onto one of the 3 American Muscle cars available is because of the crowd. I know my turbocharged 4 banger is quick but I'm not brand loyal nor do I think my car is the greatest thing ever made like a majority of the Cobalt SS owners. It appears by your attacks on the Ford brand and Ford owners alike that the same self indulgent haters exist in the Camaro crowd...for me...car forums are a big part of how I make my decision on the next "enthusiast" car I purchase because of how helpful/informative they are and how the majority of owners communicate and interact with the car enthusiast community as a whole...lets just say that your childish thread and attacks on Mustang owners and calling them names isn't really doing a good job of selling the Camaro to me.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #66
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
a few arguments that I truly don't understand:......

(I think they are used JUST to get under the skin of the opposing party).

1. Mustangs are "Girl" cars. WTF? I remember on LS1.com-- many of the "Camaro owners claimed that my TransAm WS6 was a "girls" car too. It makes no sense. I have seen men and women off ages own all these cars. WHO cares.

2. You see Mustangs everywhere. So let me get this straight. now you knock a vehicle for being more successful in sales? Real smart.... lol.... And the Camaro beat the Mustang every month up until last month is Sales.. So by that "dur da da dur" logic.. You really see more Camaros than you do Mustangs.
I personally have seen probably 20 Camaros to 1 2010/11 Mustangs. I don't count 03-09 models, because the Camaro wasn't being built, so how can that even be a valid comparison.
Funny how the Camaro owners (in general) were bragging about beating the Mustang in sales each and every month the stats came out... but in the same breath try to claim that mustangs are everywhere. LOL... Ultimate Hypocrisy.

I don't carry water for either company. I own a GM vehicle, and a Ford Vehicle, both are nice.

Neither are POS, and neither are God's Gift to Earth either.

I do understand the allure of not owning the same car as everyone else. So the popularity is a valid argument, but both cars overpopulate the streets, so if that was truly a concern you shouldn't buy either car to be quite honest.

Last edited by jrc1122; 06-14-2010 at 10:37 AM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #67
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
well the mustang is better for a girl

hehehehehe
Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #68
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Looks good .. you have to make the choice that is right for you (well your sister in this case) not what everyone else on a forum wants you to choose ..

Hey she still went AMERICAN right??

Crowley
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #69
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
a few arguments that I truly don't understand:......

(I think they are used JUST to get under the skin of the opposing party).

1. Mustangs are "Girl" cars. WTF? I remember on LS1.com-- many of the "Camaro owners claimed that my TransAm WS6 was a "girls" car too. It makes no sense. I have seen men and women off ages own all these cars. WHO cares.

2. You see Mustangs everywhere. So let me get this straight. now you knock a vehicle for being more successful in sales? Real smart.... lol.... And the Camaro beat the Mustang every month up until last month is Sales.. So by that "dur da da dur" logic.. You really see more Camaros than you do Mustangs.
I personally have seen probably 20 Camaros to 1 2010/11 Mustangs. I don't count 03-09 models, because the Camaro wasn't being built, so how can that even be a valid comparison.
Funny how the Camaro owners (in general) were bragging about beating the Mustang in sales each and every month the stats came out... but in the same breath try to claim that mustangs are everywhere. LOL... Ultimate Hypocrisy.

I don't carry water for either company. I own a GM vehicle, and a Ford Vehicle, both are nice.

Neither are POS, and neither are God's Gift to Earth either.

I do understand the allure of not owning the same car as everyone else. So the popularity is a valid argument, but both cars overpopulate the streets, so if that was truly a concern you shouldn't buy either car to be quite honest.
Hey troll!! are you trying to start a "crap war" with all this logical thinking non-sense?!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #70
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
That's because you have fanboy syndrome. I causes you to overlook the problems with the brand you love.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote