Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2016, 06:09 AM   #57
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Checked my VIN and no recalls. How do I figure out the build date? Since I got mine just last week and only had 21 miles on it, I am guessing it's a very recent build.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #58
suzook

Drives: camaro
Just wondering how many who have their car "tagged" for the recall, but dont have the raised lettering will NOT have the recall done??
Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #59
Luigi91

Well, my car is in the recall, and it's currently already at the dealer for the rear diff, so I will call them and ask about this...
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #60
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Mine VIN is listed as well! Add that to the list when my car goes in.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #61
sixbrx

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue
Mine was built Feb 16 and I'm recalled.
sixbrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #62
Luigi91

My dealer said there is no fix from GM yet.
Luigi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #63
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Just wondering how many who have their car "tagged" for the recall, but dont have the raised lettering will NOT have the recall done??
I'll check mine today for the raised numbers. Depending on what I find and if it says in the repair procedure I'll maybe bring it in. If the previous tsb posted is associated with this then the repair provided may say something along the lines of " check pan for raised part number, if raised part number is present then continue to remove pan and verify torque of oil pickup tube bolts. If no lettering is present then no repair needed at this time."

Again this is just SPECULATION.They may just say every engine needs the tear down to be verified. We just don't know yet. Once it's available on SI then I'll take pictures and post it. Having done recall work before it could end up being like this or it may not. There no way to tell until they release the repair procedures in GM Service Information. I just hope they release the documents and procedure soon.
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #64
stella16
1959 Chevy Apache 4X4

Drives: 2017 ZL1
mine is on the list
stella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #65
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Alright, here are some clarifications for this "RECALL". I wanted to fully confirm it 100% before posting anything. I will say that just trust me on this, I cannot go into the details why and let's leave it at that.

This is TECHNICALLY classified as a "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM" vs a flat out Recall. Recalls are a MUST do, you go in and they replace the part no questions asked, no need to inspect anything.

This one however, you take your vehicle in they inspected the oil pan and look for the numbers that are either engraved or raised. If they are engraved, you do NOT need to this THUS, it isn't a RECALL. If the numbers are raised, you will get this done. The reason why your VIN popped up is because of the "possibility" that you vehicle may have this. I am sure mine has the raised since it was literally first off the line for a customer so I am SOL, no idea when they actually went with the engraved oil pan vs the raised one but that's why GM gave a bracket of VINs to include this. So, even if your VIN says there is this "recall" you just may not have it.

As for the fix, yes. It is a pain in the ass. They will have to take the entire pan off. And to do this, they will need to put the entire engine on a cradle to lift it up instead of taking it fully off. So... it is A LOT of hours of labor. It will most likely take a good 3 days average for a dealership unless they prioritize your vehicle and can get it done in 2 days which is unlikely haha.

That is all I can say about this subject till the GM system updates. They are currently working on updating their dealership software with this bulletin and working on mailing out owners of this "recall", the customer satisfaction program.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #66
redcamaro89

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS - Red Hot
Mine is on the list as well..
Old 04-09-2016, 10:38 AM   #67
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Alright, here are some clarifications for this "RECALL". I wanted to fully confirm it 100% before posting anything. I will say that just trust me on this, I cannot go into the details why and let's leave it at that.

This is TECHNICALLY classified as a "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM" vs a flat out Recall. Recalls are a MUST do, you go in and they replace the part no questions asked, no need to inspect anything.

This one however, you take your vehicle in they inspected the oil pan and look for the numbers that are either engraved or raised. If they are engraved, you do NOT need to this THUS, it isn't a RECALL. If the numbers are raised, you will get this done. The reason why your VIN popped up is because of the "possibility" that you vehicle may have this. I am sure mine has the raised since it was literally first off the line for a customer so I am SOL, no idea when they actually went with the engraved oil pan vs the raised one but that's why GM gave a bracket of VINs to include this. So, even if your VIN says there is this "recall" you just may not have it.

As for the fix, yes. It is a pain in the ass. They will have to take the entire pan off. And to do this, they will need to put the entire engine on a cradle to lift it up instead of taking it fully off. So... it is A LOT of hours of labor. It will most likely take a good 3 days average for a dealership unless they prioritize your vehicle and can get it done in 2 days which is unlikely haha.

That is all I can say about this subject till the GM system updates. They are currently working on updating their dealership software with this bulletin and working on mailing out owners of this "recall", the customer satisfaction program.
Thanks for info and clarification TR6! I hope you're right and a lot of us won't be affected. I'll be sitting tight until more information comes from the horse's mouth.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #68
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
A master tech wrote me last night the fix is 10 hours.....and because not every tech can do this, the lines will be long in the service dept, get signed up early.

Prelim GM PDF here, looks simple but as turk says, getting the oil pan off is labor intensive..
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Document ID_ 4444434.pdf (484.3 KB, 853 views)
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #69
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Thanks for info and clarification TR6! I hope you're right and a lot of us won't be affected. I'll be sitting tight until more information comes from the horse's mouth.
All good, I may or may not have something that has 8 pages and that the dealerships are waiting for. Why I held off on posting anything. I could share SOME info on it to relieve people which I did but cannot share the ENTIRE thing. This customer satisfaction program is not just for our SS LT1's but also for the 2016 CTS-V's.
Build thread HERE!
Old 04-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #70
Tr6
The Dogfather

UPDATE: Dealership system IS updated. GM updated it over night. So now I can share it

Here is the PDF file of this Customer Satisfaction Program on my dropbox!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2pefrimju...letin.pdf?dl=0
Build thread HERE!