The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #43
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
The one and only....DALE EARNHARDT

Now I have two favs., Ryan Newman(hence my name), and eventhough he's joined the dark side of the force:fighting0040: Dale Jr.. I thought I was through being a fan of his, but I have been since his Busch days, and just can't stop myself from rooting for him...

Tony Stewart's ok too, love to hate Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and the Bush boys can fall off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #44
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
My current favorites are Jimmy Johnson and Kevin Harvick. I grew up a Bill Elliott fan (even am a member of his fan club) and Mark Martin as he is a true gentlermen driver. Never liked Dale Sr as he was a dirty driver and I have no respect for that. And I agree with the other poster about Dale jr being no talent hack.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #45
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Never liked Dale Sr as he was a dirty driver and I have no respect for that. And I agree with the other poster about Dale jr being no talent hack.
WRONG on both accounts.

Sr. may have been overly aggressive at times, heck, I was a little "embarrassed" by some of his wins, but noone could drive a car like he did.

Jr., while I'm not a fan of his, you cannot dispute his talent. His name may have opened the door, but you don't get rides with Hendrick Racing (MAN I HATE SAYING THAT! ) if you're a "no talent hack."

You're entitled to your opinions. They're just a little "outta whack".
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #46
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Never liked Dale Sr as he was a dirty driver and I have no respect for that. And I agree with the other poster about Dale jr being no talent hack.
Dale wasn't dirty. He moved people out of the way when they held him up. And if those other drivers didn't give him the proper respect or couldn't drive they would hit the wall. Otherwise he mainly just got the guy loose. Besides, rubin' is racin'

I like Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. Always have. I hate Rubber Head and Shrub (Kurt and Kyle Busch), and the Roush drivers. One of the greatest moments in Nascar was the . . . issue . . . that big Jimmy Spencer had with Kurt a couple years ago.

I used to like Tony but now that he drives for Company T, not so much anymore. My favourite underdog is Newman.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #47
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
WRONG on both accounts.

Sr. may have been overly aggressive at times, heck, I was a little "embarrassed" by some of his wins, but noone could drive a car like he did.

Jr., while I'm not a fan of his, you cannot dispute his talent. His name may have opened the door, but you don't get rides with Hendrick Racing (MAN I HATE SAYING THAT! ) if you're a "no talent hack."

You're entitled to your opinions. They're just a little "outta whack".
#3 will always be number #1 IMO as I mentioned in a previous post. I loved everyone of his wins. Even more so when he "rattled their cage a bit".

Moose, you need lighten up on the whole Jr. thing. Sr. drove a Hendrick Busch car once. Jr.'s grandfather was a fabricator for Hendrick. Hendrick also provided assistance to Jr'.s grandfather when he was sick. Jr. would still be driving for DEI if Sr. was alive.

Theresa is, by all accounts, the "evil stepmother" that drove him away.

Jr. did what was best for his career and I would bet that Sr. is still rooting for him. Sr. left Childress once when his equipment wasn't up to par. So that's enough for me.

Plus the "kid" still drives a Chevy.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #48
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Moose, you need lighten up on the whole Jr. thing.
I've tried, and I still occassionally try, but..."cannot get past it"....

I'll admit it. I'm stubborn! I'd would have rather seen him stay at DEI and win them their first Championship than get another one for Hendrick.

But I will agree with ya' regarding Sr.! He was not only The Greatest Driver of all time in NASCAR. He was also a GREAT MAN.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #49
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Quote:
I've tried, and I still occassionally try, but..."cannot get past it"....

I'll admit it. I'm stubborn! I'd would have rather seen him stay at DEI and win them their first Championship than get another one for Hendrick.
I know, I wasn't exactly excited that he would be with the 24 and 48. I would have rather seen him stay with DEI and win championships with the #8. It is what is now. After he wins some Championships with the evil empire he can buy DEI and restore it to what it was meant and still should be.

Keep trying. You can do it!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #50
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
Big E all the way, Little E since he was a rookie in the Busch Series, and anyone else who wins in a Chevy. And a resounding yes, I loved watching Toyota fall on it's face last year. Too bad Joe Gibbs sold out cause Toyota is gonna win a lot this year, and with that weiner Kyle Busch nonetheless.

Dale Earnhardt was "The Intimidator" of course he moved others out of his way. Anyone remember Terry Labonte at Bristol? I couldn't beleive it either!
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #51
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Carl Edwards is my Fav. His rookie year, I was like... Who IS that guy?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #52
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocrazy28 View Post
Dale Earnhardt was "The Intimidator" of course he moved others out of his way. Anyone remember Terry Labonte at Bristol? I couldn't beleive it either!
That was one of the races where I was glad Sr. won, then I wanted to hide. I have alot of his wins saved on VCR tapes. They're still great to watch.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #53
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Quote:
That was one of the races where I was glad Sr. won, then I wanted to hide. I have alot of his wins saved on VCR tapes. They're still great to watch.

I have the Bristol one too, "I didn't mean to wreck him, just rattle his cage a little bit".

Plus the last win @ Talledega 10/2000.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #54
Phantasm

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Theresa is, by all accounts, the "evil stepmother" that drove him away.
+1 DEI was much better then than TEI is now.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #55
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Hey just check out my avatar, and you'll know my favorite driver of all time.

R.I.P Dale, You are missed!

Other than that I'm a Stewart fan !
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #56
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Plus the last win @ Talledega 10/2000.
That will go down in Nascar legend. 18th - 1st in 5 laps. Thats one impressive feat of driving, and I don't think there is any driver that could do somthing like that again.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote