Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Nobody needs to make any excuses for the Z/28. It is simply amazing what Chevy has achieved with that platform. What does a stripped, basic Camaro sell for -- something like $25K? For the engineers behind the Z/28 to make that car faster than the basic Corvette -- whose base platform is twice as expensive, with commensurate levels of engineering -- is simply incredible.

The Z/28 -- for now -- simply redefines what's possible with a 3,800 pound pony car. I don't care if it's performance is exceeded by the Z06 or the upcoming GT350 -- the Z/28 raised the bar far higher than anything that came before. And competition among (and within) manufacturers benefits us all, in the long run.

I love the Z/28. It's a very high-functioning dinosaur (not meant as an insult), in that it's the last of the mouth-breathing (normally-aspirated) low-tech (manual transmission w/out any technical aids, like rev-matched downshifts) big ballsy 427-powered creatures out there. It mixes that with superb technical morsels from Multimatic and Brembo, where required. It's incredibly rewarding to drive, and people go nuts whenever I drive mine on-track. It really strikes a chord with people of all ages.

I also love what Chevy's done with the Z06. If I can work out the fit issues, I'll get a Z06/Z07 -- but I won't get rid of my Z/28. There's something very unique and special about that car. Collectible? I don't give a good GD -- these things were made to run on-track, and I plan on using them for what they were made for...

The Z/28 is the first Chevy car I've owned in thirty years. The Z06 is just astonishing. I can't believe the run Chevy is on -- and I hope the suits have the good sense to let these good people loose on blue sky projects like this. I can't wait to see the comparo tests where they compare the Z06/Z07 to the top echelon of Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, etc.. The engineers from those companies better be prepared for a very embarrassing spanking...
Yep I don't thing anyone needs to make any excuses for any of them, each one was built for a specific reason and each one fulfills their purpose.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #44
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Nobody needs to make any excuses for the Z/28. It is simply amazing what Chevy has achieved with that platform. What does a stripped, basic Camaro sell for -- something like $25K? For the engineers behind the Z/28 to make that car faster than the basic Corvette -- whose base platform is twice as expensive, with commensurate levels of engineering -- is simply incredible.

The Z/28 -- for now -- simply redefines what's possible with a 3,800 pound pony car. I don't care if it's performance is exceeded by the Z06 or the upcoming GT350 -- the Z/28 raised the bar far higher than anything that came before. And competition among (and within) manufacturers benefits us all, in the long run.

I love the Z/28. It's a very high-functioning dinosaur (not meant as an insult), in that it's the last of the mouth-breathing (normally-aspirated) low-tech (manual transmission w/out any technical aids, like rev-matched downshifts) big ballsy 427-powered creatures out there. It mixes that with superb technical morsels from Multimatic and Brembo, where required. It's incredibly rewarding to drive, and people go nuts whenever I drive mine on-track. It really strikes a chord with people of all ages.

I also love what Chevy's done with the Z06. If I can work out the fit issues, I'll get a Z06/Z07 -- but I won't get rid of my Z/28. There's something very unique and special about that car. Collectible? I don't give a good GD -- these things were made to run on-track, and I plan on using them for what they were made for...

The Z/28 is the first Chevy car I've owned in thirty years. The Z06 is just astonishing. I can't believe the run Chevy is on -- and I hope the suits have the good sense to let these good people loose on blue sky projects like this. I can't wait to see the comparo tests where they compare the Z06/Z07 to the top echelon of Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, etc.. The engineers from those companies better be prepared for a very embarrassing spanking...
Chevy now stands for High Value/High Performance.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #45
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
No matter, I'll take the Z/28 over the vette.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #46
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
Amen, brt3
X 2, well said brt3!

Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote