Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #43
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968SS/RS View Post
I know I am not the only one with this problem however, I am tired of looking at my Z in the garage with the battery tender wire hanging out of the trunk and a cover on it! The temp's here have been any where from 9 to 20 degrees, the roads look like they have been covered with flat white paint due to the D.O.T. using straight salt on them for the ice and snow.
I know the the West Coast, Mid West and Southern guys will chime in and rub the nice weather and temp's in my face , Im just bored and needed to vent...........Hope everyone else that can is enjoying the holy hell out of thier cars
OP can't you hook up the battery tender under the hood on a ZL1? My SS has a post there.

At least if the battery tender was easier to hook up, maybe this would make you feel better.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP can't you hook up the battery tender under the hood on a ZL1? My SS has a post there.

At least if the battery tender was easier to hook up, maybe this would make you feel better.
I think you can hook the tender up that way, I did actually have it like that and the light stayed on charging for a long time (red) i moved the ground connection a tiny bit and it went green right away.......... I wasnt happy with that so I just felt better going direct to the battery. I just didn't have alot of faith going to that ground post on the inside of the drivers fender, but that is just my opinion.
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I don't have a battery tender, I just start my car once a week and run it for a bit
Same here. I usually start it up every couple of weeks though. You should disconnect your battery if you don't use a battery tender. Just my opinion. I leave my battery disconnected and re-connect when I fire it up and drive it up and down the driveway.
Is it summertime yet?!?!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #46
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Same here. I usually start it up every couple of weeks though. You should disconnect your battery if you don't use a battery tender. Just my opinion. I leave my battery disconnected and re-connect when I fire it up and drive it up and down the driveway.
Is it summertime yet?!?!
Just don't close the trunk if you disconnect the battery or you'll be climbing through the rear seats.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #47
Silverguardrail

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
It was 55 here today, so I started it up !

ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote