Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #43
Zulu28

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
325's fit with no problem on the rear. Will try to load some pix tomorrow; look about the same as the Michelins but much badder tread design. Narrow refers to the width of the tire. Even though Hankook say 305 they are not as wide as the Michelins in 305. Look on tire rack they have all the specs. Michelins are some of the widest regardless of spec. As for rain; the triple-8's are just fine. You will read a lot of garbage about "don't drive the in the rain on these R888 tires etc..." but I have driven them as fast as the car will go with no noticeable rain-related issues any greater than the Michelins even though the Michalins are rated much better at hydro-plane resistance.
Zulu28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #44
Zulu28

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
........the triple-8's are an "R"-compound..that means "R"ace. They will doubtless not get the kind of mileage as the Michelins but they are infinitely better at allowing the Z/28 to do what it was built to do. These tires should have com on the car. The trofeos are WAY overrated unless you are on the track. I DD mine and do not want to be handicapped by inferior tires.
Zulu28 is offline   Reply With Quote