Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-24-2023, 03:32 PM   #43
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post

Respectfully, on the FB comments, I find more valuable information there (and Instagram) than I have in here, in large part due to it being where the fast guys actually post. But, I'm just a drag racer, so maybe that is why. You definitely have to know where to look, where/who to avoid, and who to trust.
Well said... to condemn an entire platform (FB) is ludicrous... and they are making Millions $$ in advertising and still have a strong following especially after the Tik Tok debacle ... know where to look and who to trust.
But I understand the other side of this debate as well... lots of BS and mis information on FB as well!

Last edited by adamjwilson; 07-24-2023 at 03:43 PM.
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:44 PM   #44
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I think we used to have more drag racers post on here years back. Everyone wanted to mod their car and head to the track, I just don't see that now plus we used to have more chime in on the posts, seem like there are less of us now. I'm sure some have sold their cars, gone to FB or Instagram as L78 said. Used to have lots posting every week about drag times but since no one keeps track anymore maybe they just don't post if they are going. Pretty boring sometime that's for sure, especially in the winter months.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 06:32 AM   #45
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I think we used to have more drag racers post on here years back. Everyone wanted to mod their car and head to the track, I just don't see that now plus we used to have more chime in on the posts, seem like there are less of us now. I'm sure some have sold their cars, gone to FB or Instagram as L78 said. Used to have lots posting every week about drag times but since no one keeps track anymore maybe they just don't post if they are going. Pretty boring sometime that's for sure, especially in the winter months.
There are over 180,000 members who now have been divided in to 1000-3000 member groups on FB, which is the point I have made.

No one is Condemning anything, Just an observation of reality.

This used to be One Huge group, now Fragmented.

I scroll FB regularly but I also scroll here and Here is still better.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 06:33 AM   #46
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmai1712 View Post
This article is useful. By the way, you can refer lots of good articles:
Guys don't click that link. Pretty sure that is a link to malware. Maybe when I get home from work I will load up my sandbox and see what it does...but I am probably going to be to lazy
Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 08:24 AM   #47
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
There are over 180,000 members who now have been divided in to 1000-3000 member groups on FB, which is the point I have made.

No one is Condemning anything, Just an observation of reality.

This used to be One Huge group, now Fragmented.

I scroll FB regularly but I also scroll here and Here is still better.

Ted.
Agree...I scroll FB but seldom post. All it usually is folks talking crap and being smartasses because imo the info is easily lost and forgotten. I post here because the info can be found later on with a search and folks for the most part are respectful.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 11:54 AM   #48
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Well said... to condemn an entire platform (FB) is ludicrous... and they are making Millions $$ in advertising and still have a strong following especially after the Tik Tok debacle ... know where to look and who to trust.
But I understand the other side of this debate as well... lots of BS and mis information on FB as well!
It is definitely full of bad info and there is certainly more ego stroking and arguments. Once you find your trusted people who are actively trying new things, showing results off the dyno, etc., you just start focusing there and ignore the other noise. And then there is the whole being able to easily share rich media aspect that the forums severely lacks in.

I would agree that if you are just starting to mod, you are better off starting here. The fact that Google returns search results from the forums is also nice.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:17 AM   #49
CamOnlyJabroni

Drives: 19’ ZL1 A10 / 16’ C7Z M7
Facebook isn’t the problem. It’s the type of people on Facebook that creates the problem. Laziness, ignorance and arrogance with car posts. The forum is like a library where you can search the info but if you use your brain you can still post an inquiry. FaceBook is mostly the place to act cool and post bs. Dragy group is a prime example.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 07:34 AM   #50
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Facebook isn’t the problem. It’s the type of people on Facebook that creates the problem. Laziness, ignorance and arrogance with car posts. The forum is like a library where you can search the info but if you use your brain you can still post an inquiry. FaceBook is mostly the place to act cool and post bs. Dragy group is a prime example.
Well said.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 08:18 AM   #51
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:45 PM   #52
LloydK

Drives: 2020 SS Camaro A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Agreed If done right, Meth is not a bad thing. Not for everyone, and it has to compliment the right set up and have a great Tuner. Totally agree that adding Meth just for fueling is BAD, and should not be done on the SBE.
Honestly, if I had to do it all over again (I just wanted a street friendly car- not track), I would want to be in the 650-700rwhp range. Alot less headache and money
My current set up is borderline crazy for the street even with DR, but it is not my daily, so it is what it is (just needed a car to thin out the Coyote crowd up here)
👍😁
LloydK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 04:53 PM   #53
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Congrats you are one of the lucky ones, you should play lotto
You and I think the same thing. I hear this all the time, my combo runs xyz so it is perfect. I always say my target is 50% chance to go 100K miles or 10 years on my daily driver. The other 50% well stuff happens, my first build the cam with .660 lift ate the lifter and all the lobes showed wear that I believe was valve float related (same as the stock seat failure). Lucky the engine was OK and now 5 years later the engine is still going,

In Texas where E85 was local, I was completely happy with a 9 to 11 PSI setup, in Hawaii I'm on 92 and I have pulleyed down to 6 PSI and my DI build is way overkill and I've dumbed it down to (big bore, LT4 injectors and cam lobe). I may try octane booster, there are guys in Hawaii that swear by the stuff and since I'm already paying 5.25 a gallon what is $20 more for the booster. I only fill gas once a month. I tossed around the meth, but there have been a couple meth failures in my local cloud, some self induced (the systems are complicated), some system complication, some maintenance and some / most component failure. So it comes down to this, is the extra 100 HP that I could get with meth going to compromise my ability to get 10 years or 100K miles? I think it does, say to my mind it is an added 20% failure rate over that duration, add in 10% additional failure of the long block itself due to higher HP levels, I'd pass. I would note that is a personal preference and I just don't see the performance vs dependability working out (price irrelevant). I do view a dual injection setup as doable but think the added complexity would add 10% to a 10 year failure rate (probably better have a shop do it).

To the OP, I personally think that it is not possible to build a street LT1 that can take upto 1500 HP. I give you an example, does your engine have an aftermarket forged or billet crank? That would answer the question is the engine "good for" even 800 engine HP over the long run. Me personally if I had to do it all again I'd would have definitely have gone for an aftermarket crank. GM did a bunch of crank and bearing modes from 455 HP to 650 HP, I find it ironic that people are claiming the LT1 crank is good enough for 800 HP engine, much less "1500" HP.. it ain't. Same goes for the lifters, I had a LS7 lifter failure on an .660 lift cam, I'm sure I'm not the only one, I fought the LS1 valvetrain failure wars in the 90s and should have learned then... but no modern oils and technology, OK well mine failed. I have a Cam Motion mild lift cam now sub .600 lift and Jonston lifers and Manley valves. Engine makes about the same HP, it just cost a whole lot more money. I'm pretty sure you have a standard intake valves and LS7 lifters to boot. So if reliability is your goal, I'd be looking into real lifters, change out your valve springs and make sure you have the stage II if not the race intercooler (you don't list it), and yes I'd go for a D1x but keep the same boost as I think the D1x just feels better and seems to run cooler (I had a P1sc before). So that would be a .25 or larger pulley.

Long story short, if you don't have E85, you need to get it cool and that should be the race intercooler (edit looks like the current setup is an air /water unit), the more efficient D1x that you need to turn SLOWER unless you have E85 pump. DI does not suck, it is great, but it is costly, done correctly it is 100% reliable and you may try octane booster if you want to up the boost a little. Note I never had the basic HO intercooler, I was in Texas so stage II or race would be the only two I'd consider, in Hawaii stage II is actually OK, but I probably will upgrade to the race one just for the "look".
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-13-2023 at 05:28 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote