Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #421
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
PMs replied
Old 05-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #422
C7 Carbon

PMs replied
Old 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #423
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Still waiting on word about my replacement unit
Old 05-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #424
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
9 weeks and counting for me...

Anyone else?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #425
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by H(.)(.)ters View Post

Anyone else?

I'm at 6 weeks and still waiting...
Old 05-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #426
11bravoss

Drives: 2018 ZL1
8 weeks
Old 05-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #427
11bravoss

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
With you and some of the other issues I've seen idk how much longer I'm going to wait. Definitely don't want to wait 4, 5 or more weeks for something that might not look good.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #428
C7 Carbon

Quote:
Should be going out by Tuesday. We were shooting for this week but our truck is waiting on a few more parts to leave the factory.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #429
C7 Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravoss View Post
With you and some of the other issues I've seen idk how much longer I'm going to wait. Definitely don't want to wait 4, 5 or more weeks for something that might not look good.
Np. Just let us know if you would like to cancel, we are a bunch of car guys also so we completely understand.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #430
DarthSidious

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H(.)(.)ters View Post

Anyone else?
waited about 9 finally got it and now Ive been waiting another week so far for a replacement
Old 05-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #431
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSidious View Post
waited about 9 finally got it and now Ive been waiting another week so far for a replacement
Did you have an issue mounting one of the uprights like me? Wondering if one of their molds is just bad. Also had scratches on my middle upright along with my drivers side winglet being unfinished on the underside.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #432
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Not liking all these issues with the wings. C7, please do not ship my wing with any cosmetic defects. I'd rather keep waiting for flawless quality than deal with return and replacement.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:11 PM   #433
DarthSidious

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Did you have an issue mounting one of the uprights like me? Wondering if one of their molds is just bad. Also had scratches on my middle upright along with my drivers side winglet being unfinished on the underside.
I had studs that were the wrong thread and didn't work with the factory hardware as per the instructions. then when I went out and bought the right nuts and washers the studs either spun loose inside the uprights and one even pulled out the bottom, it looked like a paper thin layer was all that was holding it.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #434
C7 Carbon

So here is a project update for everyone:

Thank you again for everyone who helped us design and create this spoiler for the Camaro. After sending out our initial batch of spoilers we had several customers who contacted us and gave us real world feedback of issues they encountered during installation of our spoiler. We take all feedback good or bad and thoroughly check what we can do to make our product better for our customers. The following feedback is what the first batch of customers told us:

Product Revisions to date and changes made:

Revision 1. Originally we had aluminum plates inside the bases that you had to screw up into to attach the spoiler onto the car.
- Customers mentioned that this was really hard for them to get the screw into the bases and asked if we could include a stud.

Revision 2. After changing the bases over to a stud design, several customers reported that the epoxy that holds the studs into place inside the base unlocked and let the bolt turn inside the base (One customer reported that the bolt broke free)

5-10-18
Revision 3. We confirmed at our factory that if you did put enough pressure onto the bolt while tightening in deed you could break the bolt free. Once this was confirmed we found a replacement stud from Mcmaster that has a large pan surface that allows for an even stronger bond. After testing this new stud we found that this solved the issues.

Revision 3.5 Customers had contacted us and asked for the bases to be in satin black to better match the factory upright colors.

** So currently guys who are waiting for a replacement spoiler or yet to receive their spoiler this last revision is the reason why its taken a bit longer. We had to discard all the packaged bases and build new bases with the revised studs.

** The good news is we have about 15 wings that are just waiting for the bases at this point.

We try to be as transparent as we can with any project and we hope you understand we want to ship everyone's spoiler asap, but we also want to give everyone in this great community an amazing product. We apologize about this unforeseen delay but we are working as hard as possible to get back on track. We will post some pictures shortly of some pending revised spoilers

Closed Thread