Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My guys, my bits, Camaros and excuse me for mentioning this in a Camaro forum -- Mustangs.
:slice::bangdes k::notheadlights::tr oll:

J/K
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #30
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
:slice::bangdes k::notheadlights::tr oll:

J/K

I'm with you Rdaz...BLASPHEMY!
Round here we refer to them as "that other car" or "Rustangs".
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post

I'm with you Rdaz...BLASPHEMY!
Round here we refer to them as "that other car" or "Rustangs".
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #32
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
lol, i can feel the love from here!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #33
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The track session went AMAZINGLY well. My driver / engineer just happens to have raced a CTS-V. The CTS-V holds the record for fastest production sedan at the Nurburing. His race version was lightened, fully caged, with A6 Hoosiers and Penske Racing Coilovers that he personally valved to optimise the car. This gave us the opportunity to compare data logs on the same track RACE car on the same trac to Daily Driver. Abstract data is interesting while track data vehicle to vehicle is valuble and useful information.Pedders USA, LLC Camaro ran faster laps on street tires than the CTS-V on race tires -- AND is comfortable on the street with a full race setup.

With the Supercar Coilovers massive pistons and oil volume, increased control does not destroy ride quality. They are closer to RED Magic than any product we have brought to market. We took a seriously Bad A$$ Camaro and made it significantly better.

That is the good news. This is the bad news.

The Brand X car we brought with us is a Saleen S281 with a full Pedders Track Package right down to the same Forgeline 19x10.5 rims with Bridgestone RE-11 305/30/19 rubber. We moved the battery on the Saleen to the trunk and installed ARH headers to help balance out the car front to rear. We installed several chassis braces because they were required to reach Pedders performance standards. All the OE bushes and bars are replaced with Pedders bits including Xa coilovers and adjustable rear arms. The Pedderised Saleen ran dead heats with our Camaro. It may be a bit faster

This was a TEST session. We tried some new things on both cars. We'll make a pad revision to the Saleen, tweak the alignment on the Camaro. Corner weight both cars and hold a head to head shoot out to officially benchmark them for the forums.

Long story short. The Pedders Camaro is a joy to drive on the track and setup for the track on the street. The Mustang adjusted for the track is very fast, loves to be tossed around, but needs dialed back for a comfortable street ride. In track setup on public roads Mustang ride is rough. Fortunately the Xa adjustment knobs are easily accessible.

Camaro = Phenomenally Capable Automobile
Mustang = Very Fast Car

These cars take radically different approaches to the same finish line. It was a very interesting day.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #34
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Sorry Pete. Still no LOVE here for the Mustang. You can own one if you want to.. I have owned a few of them in the past. I just prefer Chevy products - I like the response and road feel when driving them, not to mention the robust engines Chevrolet offers as a starting point...

When are you moving into Corvette territory? I would LOVE to have a Pedderized Corvette as well...!!! Ohh Baby would I! I have room in the garage for one of those as well... Just have to have the wife park outside. Or, a bigger Garage. I know.. a second BIGGER Garage... That's it! his -n- hers Garages!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #35
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Sorry Pete. Still no LOVE here for the Mustang. You can own one if you want to.. I have owned a few of them in the past. I just prefer Chevy products - I like the response and road feel when driving them, not to mention the robust engines Chevrolet offers as a starting point...

When are you moving into Corvette territory? I would LOVE to have a Pedderized Corvette as well...!!! Ohh Baby would I! I have room in the garage for one of those as well... Just have to have the wife park outside. Or, a bigger Garage. I know.. a second BIGGER Garage... That's it! his -n- hers Garages!
Don't tell anyone but I am GM guy too... I can't believe I have Ford... eeer Saleen in my garage

Interesting question on the Corvette. All I can say at this time is they do offer the Vette in Pedders RED.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #36
mws444

Quote:

Man I am with you and this idea! A Pedderized Vette would make me slow down on modding the Camaro. Seems to be a logical move from a marketing standpoint, although the new engineering would take a while. I say go for it! I mean you have already jumped manufactures to that other car.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #37
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Don't tell anyone but I am GM guy too... I can't believe I have Ford... eeer Saleen in my garage

Interesting question on the Corvette. All I can say at this time is they do offer the Vette in Pedders RED.
Aww... I knew you were a TRUE GM guy..

HMM... I want RED underneath the vette.. not on TOP!
Who wants a vette to ride like this? :updown: LOL
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #38
JusticePete

Quote:
Man I am with you and this idea! A Pedderised Vette would make me slow down on modding the Camaro. Seems to be a logical move from a marketing standpoint, although the new engineering would take a while. I say go for it! I mean you have already jumped manufactures to that other car.
We already do the Solstice, Sky, Cobalt, HHR, G8, GTO, Camaro and the range of GMT900 trucks and SUVs with GM. We have a complete range for the Chrysler LX (Charger, Challenger, Magnum and 300C). The Saleen range is about ready to be released. The Chevy Cruse, Ford Focus are in the R & D que. We have a full range of bits for the Asian Fast Fours. We work with Richard Petty, Saleen and have our bits on GM's Camaro Pace Cars in NASCAR and Indy Races. Watching those not yet Pedderised Vettes at Indy doing parade work brought a tear to my eye...
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #39
JusticePete

Quote:
HMM... I want RED underneath the vette.. not on TOP!
Who wants a vette to ride like this? :updown:
That car needs to be Pedderised!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #40
mws444

Soooo...is it in the plans? Come on Pete...we're dieing to know.
I plan on a little road work for my baby this weekend then I will clean her up for some nice pics on the whole finished package. I have one particular curvy road that will challenge any suspension with sharp curving hills and a little rough pavement.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #41
JusticePete

Quote:
Soooo...is it in the plans? Come on Pete...we're dieing to know.
I plan on a little road work for my baby this weekend then I will clean her up for some nice pics on the whole finished package. I have one particular curvy road that will challenge any suspension with sharp curving hills and a little rough pavement.
If I was a satisfied Pedders customer that owned a Vette I would be patient and leave my suspension bone stock for now

Back to the original thread, I'll post up the damper settings for the Supercar Coilovers we used yesterday. We tested a very wide range until we settled on the best setup. I just want to double check, double count the clicks before posting them along with the alignment specs.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #42
mws444

Quote:
If I was a satisfied Pedders customer that owned a Vette I would be patient and leave my suspension bone stock for now

Back to the original thread, I'll post up the damper settings for the Supercar Coilovers we used yesterday. We tested a very wide range until we settled on the best setup. I just want to double check, double count the clicks before posting them along with the alignment specs.
Now that is how to distract me is with some test data that applies to my current set up! Cant wait for your settings advise!
About this testing, what was the drivers impressions of the Camaro? I know that other company has done a good job with what a solid rear axle can do, with Pedders in it I know it's about as good as it can get. When you do the heads up give us the drivers report.
Thanks in advance for the dial in on the coilovers!