Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #29
Cully77
FOUR T 5

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th
Looking Good man!
Old 12-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #30
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
I like it, even thought i thought it was taking that cue from the 1LE.

I would also do the spoiler.

I will say that i like the original paint scheme better though.
Yeah it does. I did think about it before going through but in the end I dismissed it as a negative only because after a few moments it should grab ya..."No sir that is indeed a ZL1!"

I forgot to add that I like 1LE's anyway so taking a cue from that team is acceptable. Besides section Bravo, paragraph 3:13 in the Book of Bullshit states when in doubt, pop the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
What would you think about going ahead now and paint the top between the seams and the trunk lid and rear spoiler flat black? Just wondering how that would look? That would take away the 1LE look and be more of a "custom" look,maybe?
Ooh! Now THAT is a great idea! I was thinking only trunk but the roof needs something. I can see it in that one picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
I Like it with the lower sills being black I would try doing the spoiler. May look like its more ZL/E than ZL/1 but who cares I like it stands out.
Yeah and this must be the cosmetic version of the performance curse. You know how one performance mod leads to another?

I'm now officially stuck in a cosmetic curse type situation. This hood is leading to the roof and trunk.

It's cool and scary all at once.

Last edited by Mutant Racer; 12-02-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #31
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
How about airbrushing the hood to mimic CF or doing a CF vinyl hood wrap to match the insert? Do a decklid/spoiler stripe the same way.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #32
ORLYHPD
C.O.T.W. 10-27-2014

Drives: 2017 zl1
I like it, I'll b doing mine soon as well. If u like it, it's all that matters. I'd black out t he mirrors, n spoiler, and the piece's right in front of ur head light. Will look much better.
ORLYHPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #33
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I would've gone with an all carbon fiber ZL1 hood

in fact, I did go with an all carbon fiber ZL1 hood
I still like it though, it's just not exactly what I would have done but then again plenty of the stuff I've done would turn people off. Still a great car and definitely more unique now
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #34
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
Looks good either way.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #35
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
One of the things unique to the ZL1 is the CF hood insert. It needs to shine! With the black you are somewhat hiding it. Not for me.

Via lightning from a large Hammer.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #36
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I like the black hood but it not with the CF insert. Maybe if it was flat black or wrap it the same color as the car and I think it would look much better.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #37
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
I agree with several of the others on here, the very 1st thing I thought of when I seen it was a 1LE...Not saying that's a bad thing just the 1st impression right off the bat. I think if your going this way, you need to do more then just the hood to change it up. I had my Rims Powder Coated Flat Black, that would complement your hood as well as some of the other ideas you have. I also blacked out my tail lights and put the flat black tail light Bezels on it. Just a couple more ideas for ya. I like that your making it your own..
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #38
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Totally agreed fellas, all of ya, Camero5, James, sven, TommyTheCat (one of my favorite songs), the insert takes a hit. No getting around it, I guess we can call it a garden variety mod with a hit or miss flavor.

I'm thinkin' it's fiddy-fiddyish. A 50/50. I'll get my fair share of "hate it!" with some positive responses. It is cool either way. Obviously I love it but can understand the negative. The less is more here is more less than anything. Oh well I gave it an honest shot, truly did my fellow pilots.

I have to ask though guys....wouldn't an all carbon fiber hood be kinda...ya know...too aggressive? Like volcanic melt your sphincter vulgar shit hot aggressive in public with a ZL1? I don't wanna be drawing every yahoo on 4 wheels to my ride on a daily basis looking to run and race on public roads, track definitely yes, but public is no.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #39
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
First blush. Looks like a 1le car trying to convert to a zl1 look. Beautiful color why hide it with that hood.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #40
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Totally agreed fellas, all of ya, Camero5, James, sven, TommyTheCat (one of my favorite songs), the insert takes a hit. No getting around it, I guess we can call it a garden variety mod with a hit or miss flavor.

I'm thinkin' it's fiddy-fiddyish. A 50/50. I'll get my fair share of "hate it!" with some positive responses. It is cool either way. Obviously I love it but can understand the negative. The less is more here is more less than anything. Oh well I gave it an honest shot, truly did my fellow pilots.

I have to ask though guys....wouldn't an all carbon fiber hood be kinda...ya know...too aggressive? Like volcanic melt your sphincter vulgar shit hot aggressive in public with a ZL1? I don't wanna be drawing every yahoo on 4 wheels to my ride on a daily basis looking to run and race on public roads, track definitely yes, but public is no.
IMHO, an all carbon hood would not look right unless it was painted leaving only the extractor exposed. I think that your car looks great but would have a complete look with the ZL1 badge added back on the hood and the spoiler painted/wrapped flat black.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #41
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
you know,it really doesn't matter what people think.what really matters is what you think.if everyone liked the same things,it would be a pretty dull world.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #42
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post

Definitely to each their own, we would all be driving white four doors otherwise. There is always the need to personalize, I am going the route to keep the original lines etc. I have on order basically all the black plastic in carbon fiber. I think with our color of car it will naturally complement it. I wish you could get it from the factory that way. Enjoy the ride!