Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
to the OP, your avatar states Z06 or 2015 1LE, have you made your choice yet?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #30
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
There is a lot of reason for GM to not bring the 1LE back for 2016 but the Mustang is launching with the track pack available. It'll be interesting to see what they do that is for suree.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #31
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It's not like GM was developing the 1LE since the release of the 5th gen. They developed it along side the ZL1. If they wanted to, they could easily develop it along side the 6th gen mules and have it ready for day one release. The only reason why they may not is because the 1LE is not a high volume option. They may wait to get the T4, V6 and base V8s out and the bulk of the sales before they worry about a low number package. The Z51 made up a large portion of the 1st year Stingray sales, if I remember right.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #32
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
There is a lot of reason for GM to not bring the 1LE back for 2016 but the Mustang is launching with the track pack available. It'll be interesting to see what they do that is for suree.
I'm willing to bet that even the intro base '16 SS model will outperform the '16 Mustang track pack loll.

The new stang track pack based on the recent reviews, can't even out handle our '13-'14 1LE's so..
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #33
RaceAir

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE w/RS
I hope that GM holds off on the 1LE option for a few years for several reasons. Please pay attention, Mr. Chevrolet:

1) Take your time and get it right! Don't let your self-conducted testing be the sole impetus behind the 1LE package for the Gen 6. Get feedback from the faithful plus independent professional reviewers, too. (Just look how Ford's gee-tee with pee-pee fell on its face due to rushing it out the door.)

2) Look how many early Gen 5 adopters in '10 or '11 would eventually trade up to a later gen SS or SS w\1LE. Saving a trick up your sleeve (like a 1LE option) for later will help keep them in Camaros.

3) Keep it manual transmission only! It keeps the racing pedigree. It also keeps casual drivers (the ones who are more likely to complain about the lack of a cushy ride or convertible option) from whining about their purchase.

4) Avoid stock outs like the Stingray had with the Z51-equipped models by delaying a couple of years. Those that ordered a Ray w\ Z51 were supremely p¡ssed about wait times due to the option's numerous part shortages. Profit from their pain, and make sure orders for 1LEs don't gum up the works.

5) Consult your notes about how badly the 1LE put a crimp in both the Boss 302 & Laguna Seca Editions. By waiting a couple of years you can see what Ford does with its GT350, and have the 1LE bite a chunk out of their sales with a comparable SS w\1LE that costs thousands less. It will also give you time to react to a potential Ford upgrade to the GT PP.(that is, if they decide to create a bona fide track pack to help erase the shame of the current GT PP)

6} You can dedicate expensive resources to making sure the overall Gen 6 launch is a success without having to appease the performance junkies for another couple of years with a 1LE option.

Sell no wine before its time. You could end up with gee tee pee pee.
RaceAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #34
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I would like to see the have all the bugs worked out of the 6th gen. Then come out with the killer package they have for the 5th gen.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #35
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Yes, it will be great to see the '16 Camaro SS again with the 1LE package, but please GM also allow it for the automatic transmission model.
I hope that the automatic transmission is also improved for faster shifting like the one on the almost perfect Stingray Corvette.

2016 Camaro 1LE with a 8 speed Automatic Transmission just may gain a buy from me in 2016. But I doubt the 1LE Package will be an option with the automatic transmission. That's why I am awaiting the final words from the horse's mouth next year.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #36
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I would like to see the have all the bugs worked out of the 6th gen. Then come out with the killer package they have for the 5th gen.
This is a very good point.

My rule in this household is, never buy first year due to teething issues :-/
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #37
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
This is a very good point.

My rule in this household is, never buy first year due to teething issues :-/
I learned that with my 2010 SS!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #38
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
GM has had plenty of time to develope this package for the 2016 model year, and I disagree that it would be bad marketing to unveil the entire line-up right out of the box. They have Ford on the ropes, don't stop swinging now!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #39
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I learned that with my 2010 SS!
Been driving my 2010 SS/RS since Dec '09. Zero issues, still going strong, and have not seen one feature on anything after the 2010 to make me upgrade. We will see what 2016 brings.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #40
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
As some have also mentioned, the '16 Camaro SS might match the handling of the '15 1LE, or get close to it. Since Camaro SS sells in big numbers to all kinds of drivers, I can't imagine GM making it anything but comfortable ride, though, so I doubt it would quite match it. It's very hard to make everyone happy. We run into this issue all the time where I work
Not by the looks of the Gen6 nurburgring track videos, the SS gen 6 was not nearly as planted as the 1LE in the same video. I hope it comes out year 1 like Ford did withe Mustang GT PP but I have a feeling they wait until year 2.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #41
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
to the OP, your avatar states Z06 or 2015 1LE, have you made your choice yet?
Really liking the white Z06. However, I've been a Camaro guy since I was a kid.
That being said I've had a few really good years and will buy a house this coming year. If 2015 looks as good as the past few years it will be a Z06.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #42
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAir View Post
1) Take your time and get it right! Don't let your self-conducted testing be the sole impetus behind the 1LE package for the Gen 6. Get feedback from the faithful plus independent professional reviewers, too. (Just look how Ford's gee-tee with pee-pee fell on its face due to rushing it out the door.)
Devil's advocate . . . the more I think about this, the more I feel that Ford never was swinging for the fences with the PP. Just a solid "Sport Package" that would find mainstream acceptance. IOW, more like the F41 Sport Suspension option I checked off when I ordered a '79 Malibu than serious competition for the 1LE.

Whether Ford has anything more serious in the works is anybody's guess at the moment, but even if they don't I can't see it taking all that long once they give it a green light. Certainly not on the order of two years.

Quote:
3) Keep it manual transmission only! It keeps the racing pedigree. It also keeps casual drivers (the ones who are more likely to complain about the lack of a cushy ride or convertible option) from whining about their purchase.
This ↑↑↑ . Blurring the focus of a track-focused car would be the beginning of a slippery slope in more ways than one.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote