Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2023, 02:42 PM   #29
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Another FB lover I see

Look at the facts before you post.... Pray is on FB along with hundreds of other
shops posting daily. Brett is doing pretty well on FB as an advertising platform, so why do you think he is not here?
Agree with Ted that there is a lot of dis-information on FB regarding cars/mods/etc. with hundreds of FB forums, but would not go as far as calling FB a "train wreck of information"- you just got to weed through the BS to find the truth.
Have you ever been on facebook? I do like Pray's stuff and I am sure the platform is making him a ton of money, which is awesome, but the FB being a trainwreck of bad information is one of the truest statements I have ever read and not just pertaining to Camaros I got in an argument on their one time with someone I used to work with trying to explain to him that he did not need a 3500 stall converter...in his 6 speed manual camaro.

Maybe I am just old but I have always loved the forum formats. I browse facebook for entertainment and trolling my ultra right and left wing friends.
Attached Images

Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 03:55 PM   #30
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Meth can be reliable.

You need to understand that those systems require maintenance like anything else.

I would replace the meth pump yearly. As well as upgrade to some BMRS meth rated line.

The Reflex controller is a great option as well. It's what I would recommend to most customers.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #31
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Another FB lover I see

Look at the facts before you post.... Pray is on FB along with hundreds of other
shops posting daily. Brett is doing pretty well on FB as an advertising platform, so why do you think he is not here?
Agree with Ted that there is a lot of dis-information on FB regarding cars/mods/etc. with hundreds of FB forums, but would not go as far as calling FB a "train wreck of information"- you just got to weed through the BS to find the truth.
The weeds are Really High LOL.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:34 PM   #32
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Nothing like a meth discussion to heat things up. Pun intended.

How to start an argument on camaro6 in one step.... mention meth

Not that we are arguing... yet...

Lets see whats number 2? Is it new engine break in process or what oil should i run?
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:14 AM   #33
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Nothing like a meth discussion to heat things up. Pun intended.

How to start an argument on camaro6 in one step.... mention meth

Not that we are arguing... yet...

Lets see whats number 2? Is it new engine break in process or what oil should i run?
number two is a tie
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:56 AM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
And run so much meth that if it does quit suddenly the car will be so lean it just falls on its face, ie no fuel no damage.
LOL well that's one way to do it for sure. Just run meth in the main tank too! What could possibly go wrong?!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 09:57 AM   #35
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
LOL well that's one way to do it for sure. Just run meth in the main tank too! What could possibly go wrong?!
And that car thats faster than it should be
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 10:07 AM   #36
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The weeds are Really High LOL.
Yes they are!
Old 07-23-2023, 10:11 AM   #37
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
Meth can be reliable.

You need to understand that those systems require maintenance like anything else.

I would replace the meth pump yearly. As well as upgrade to some BMRS meth rated line.

The Reflex controller is a great option as well. It's what I would recommend to most customers.
Totally agree… install the stainless lines and fittings with the meth for sure!
Old 07-24-2023, 01:04 PM   #38
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
Meth can be reliable.

I had three AlkyControl pumps go bad when I was running meth, so definitely echo maintenance and replacing them. One of those was at a race and someone had already used the spare we had, so I was done. Another time a racers pump went bad and my car was down due to a broken driveshaft, so they took mine for him. Having just another thing to babysit, especially with a build that is max effort in every form of the definition, is just not fun.

Respectfully, on the FB comments, I find more valuable information there (and Instagram) than I have in here, in large part due to it being where the fast guys actually post. But, I'm just a drag racer, so maybe that is why. You definitely have to know where to look, where/who to avoid, and who to trust.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #39
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Jannetty is 100% accurate on it being a trainwreck with opinions and claims. The Brett comment is way out of context and connecting dots that aren't there. Facebook has trillions of posts not just Pray's.
I absolutely concur regarding Facebook being a train wreck of bad info. I'm sure that Brett isn't posting bad information, but several others certainly are. I'm no Ted Jannetty or KingLT1 on issues relating to the gen6 Camaro, but I'm no dummy either. I have seen reams of absolutely incorrect information pertaining to our cars on Facebook.
The bad info on Facebook certainly isn't confined to the Camaro groups either. I'm an old dude, who has been into cars my entire life. I owned several '69 & '70 Mustangs, primarily Boss or 428cj/scj cars back in the day. I lived and breathed those cars for around 15 years. '69 - '70 Mustangs are one of the few things in this world that I truly am an expert on. If you think there's bad info on gen6 Camaros on Facebook, you should see some of the B.S. that's posted on Facebook about early Mustangs.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
This format is far superior.

All of the information here is Vetted and easily found.

If someone post bad info here, they get politely corrected, and it remains public record.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:49 PM   #41
L78toLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This format is far superior.

All of the information here is Vetted and easily found.

If someone post bad info here, they get politely corrected, and it remains public record.
Couldn't have said it better, Ted.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
Old 07-24-2023, 02:56 PM   #42
L78toLT1

Respectfully, on the FB comments, I find more valuable information there (and Instagram) than I have in here, in large part due to it being where the fast guys actually post. But, I'm just a drag racer, so maybe that is why. You definitely have to know where to look, where/who to avoid, and who to trust.[/QUOTE]

You're smart enough to see thru the B.S. though. Lots of guys, especially the newbies would be much better served by starting in this forum, and only venturing out once they have a basic working knowledge. As others have stated, you can't get away with spreading misinformation on this Forum.