Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Time to pick! Where should C5FVI be?
Bowling Green 258 25.47%
Firebird - AZ 70 6.91%
California/Vegas 244 24.09%
Gateway, St Louis IL 132 13.03%
NE 67 6.61%
Charlotte Motor Speedway, NC 230 22.70%
Mars 12 1.18%
Voters: 1013. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #393
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
You think so? I feel it'd be better in the middle.....
We've so far had three fests that have been somewhat central and only one out of three was a huge success.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #394
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
We've so far had three fests that have been no where near central and only one was a success.
..here, fixed
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #395
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
We've so far had three fests that have been somewhat central and only one out of three was a huge success.
Which one was that?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #396
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Which one was that?
First Indy. I've heard from people that attended Baytown that it was too small and Indy V2.0? We all know what happened there.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #397
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
First Indy. I've heard from people that attended Baytown that it was too small and Indy V2.0? We all know what happened there.
I was at Indy1, it was great...... Missed Indy2- What happened ?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #398
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
More people live on the east and west coast. If you put it smack dab in the middle, hardly anyone would come because neither west nor east wouldn't wanna drive that far.
You hit it right on the money.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #399
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
So are you saying 2 fests, a West Fest and an East Fest.... ?
Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #400
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
One only has to look at a map to understand why holding them in the eastern part of the U.S. yields larger crowds. Baytown was nice; I did the 2700 mile round trip from VA. But, 75% of the people there were from Texas. Baytown is a remote location when you consider that it takes 9 hours to drive there from Amarillo, TX and over 10 hours from El Paso, TX. Realistically, there were about 10 states within 1 to 1 ― days drive time from Baytown. Most people do not want to drive 2 or 3 days to get there

If Fest VI is held in a place such as Bowling Green, KY there are about 25 States within a reasonable drive time and I think you will have a much larger turn out.

I am not hating on the Western states, it is just a matter of geography.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #401
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
One only has to look at a map to understand why holding them in the eastern part of the U.S. yields larger crowds. Baytown was nice; I did the 2700 mile round trip from VA. But, 75% of the people there were from Texas. Baytown is a remote location when you consider that it takes 9 hours to drive there from Amarillo, TX and over 10 hours from El Paso, TX. Realistically, there were about 10 states within 1 to 1 ― days drive time from Baytown. Most people do not want to drive 2 or 3 days to get there

If Fest VI is held in a place such as Bowling Green, KY there are about 25 States within a reasonable drive time and I think you will have a much larger turn out.

I am not hating on the Western states, it is just a matter of geography.
Thank you!

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #402
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
But why do locations *always* have to be exclusionary for the west? I get it if we are talking about Alaska but has anyone bothered to check the population of California?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #403
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
But why do locations *always* have to be exclusionary for the west? I get it if we are talking about Alaska but has anyone bothered to check the population of California?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hmmm, 38.2 Million People in California, is that a lot?

Nevada has 2.8 Million, Arizona has 6.4 Million, Utah has 2.8 Million... so with just 4 states out west, roughly 50 million people or a 1/6th of all people in US.

Population density isn't the only consideration, if it was clearly California and Texas have the biggest populations in the country, add the other states up around them and they have more people than the midwest combined...
Old 05-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #404
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
This debate is annoying now. Here's a look at the numbers:

For the purposes of this "debate" I'm going to split the US into 6 regions. Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, North-Central, South-Central.

The states in each of these regions will be:

Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, Washington D.C.
Southeast: Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia
Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
Southwest: California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah
North-Central: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois
South-Central: New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana

(That should account for all 48 contiguous states, plus Washington D.C.)

By that split, the total estimated populations of each region are as follows:

Northeast: 93,335,721
Southeast: 71,144,533
Northwest: 14,111,430
Southwest: 50,650,153
North-Central: 30,572,430
South-Central: 50,324,818

So, as you can see, the east has WAY more people than the west, and as such, the majority of the Fests will take place to the east of the "center" of the United States land mass. But, it should be readily pointed out that the west DOES have a significant number of people, as well as members on this site, that absolutely warrants a Fest being thrown their way once every few years or so. That only seems honorable.

People need to quit acting like the Fest is going to move to a central location and stay in that location for the rest of the site's existence. That's not the intent, and it's not going to happen.

The whole point of the Fest is to move it around the country and get people to go out and DRIVE and ENJOY their Camaros like they were meant to be enjoyed on the streets and highways of the United States and meet up with their fellow Camaro enthusiasts.

The Fest is meant to be an annual thing (that means ONE time per year). Splitting it up into two Fests per year requires twice the work put in by a very select few "staff" (read: volunteers), requires at least twice the costs, and will probably end up with HALF the attendance at either event, half the vendors, and half the support from GM/Chevrolet. That is not, and will not ever be an option. Why on Earth would anyone want to degrade this awesome event that has been created in such a manner?

I live in San Antonio and I've driven to Chandler, AZ (2,000+ mile round trip), I've driven to Indianapolis (2,000+ mile round trip), and I've driven to Baytown, TX (550+ mile round trip) and I can tell you that the most fun I've had were on the longer road trips where we had to stay somewhere overnight and enjoy the company of the people we were sharing that caravan experience with.

So, yeah, I want to have another fest in the West-ish, because it's been a few years since one has been out that direction. The east coast folks had Indianapolis to attend two years in a row. It's only fair that the West coast guys get a bone thrown their way soon.

People whine too much.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #405
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #406
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

For the purposes of this "debate" I'm going to split the US into 6 regions. Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, North-Central, South-Central.

The states in each of these regions will be:

Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, Washington D.C.
Southeast: Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia
Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
Southwest: California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah
North-Central: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois
South-Central: New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana

(That should account for all 48 contiguous states, plus Washington D.C.)