Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2024, 11:54 AM   #15
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Only one? I'd take two for that price, but then I just finished smoking crack.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:55 AM   #16
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Best info I can find for the 2024 Yenko Camaros is they run around 130k for the Stage III at the top end.

And the listings don't mention anything about Yenko getting their hands on them. I just see greed. I was shocked, actually, when I saw it and thought it was a mistake on the website. Crazy stuff.
The info that I found is that the starting price for the lower HP Yenko is $86k plus the price of the 1SS or 2SS 1LE Camaro. The $130k for the Stage III wouldn't include the initial price of the Camaro. These Yenkos are based on 1SS or 2SS 1LE Camaros.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 12:07 PM   #17
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
The info that I found is that the starting price for the lower HP Yenko is $86k plus the price of the 1SS or 2SS 1LE Camaro. The $130k for the Stage III wouldn't include the initial price of the Camaro. These Yenkos are based on 1SS or 2SS 1LE Camaros.
That's what I found, too, jfkheat. I crunched the numbers in my earlier post using the 130k since I called the dealer and found out it was a Stage III, plus the price of the vehicle, and it came up to around a 50k markup.

Dang steep. But, honestly, they could probably go way higher and somebody would bite.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:27 PM   #18
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
I literally just got off the phone with them to seriously see how much they’d give me if they have those listed for $170k-$250k lol…….

He said they have the “Yenko III” package with 1500 hp. Definitely can’t compare that to my measly, whimpy factory 455 hp
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:36 PM   #19
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I don't get it. Don Yenko has been dead for a number of decades and Yenko Chevrolet no longer exists.

Mechanicals aside, you have to have some serious nostalgia to be like oooh, yeah, I wanna YENKO Camaro since you can buy and have someone install all of that without all of the stupid plastic badges and stripes.
There’s quite a complicated history of the Yenko name after he died.

His daughters initially owned the rights through his estate but someone another business partner was able to claim rights as well. The real owner of the Yenko franchise name today is someone in Texas but no one really knows who.

So his daughters and the other business partner let other people profit off the name while they all try to decide who’s who and what’s what. Thats why pretty much anyone can make a Yenko Camaro and use his clsssic logo without paying royalties.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 08:26 PM   #20
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Same here. But they don't mention it being a Yenko, unless I just missed it. That's what I thought was suspect, and how they're optioned. And even at that price for a Yenko it would still be a significant markup.

But I get it. It's a very limited production run and unique. Somebody who has money to burn will buy it regardless. A hard pass here. And I think with that search for a 2024 black 1SS or 2SS with a M6 my searching on a daily basis is over. Time to garage mine soon and get a beater to daily.
The pictures have the SYC Yenko striping on the car and the Yenko hood. The newer ones have the generated stock photo have similar pricing to the other Yenko cars which makes me believe they are also Yenkos. If you keep scrolling there's normal camaros with normal prices.

Yenko pricing is 87,995 for stage 1 and goes all the way to 129,995 for stage 3. This is pricing for the package alone, not the car. So add another 50ish thousand to package price. But yes they are marked up like every other "collector" car. Would I buy one even if I could afford it? Absolutely not.