Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #15
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTBY View Post
Whatever tire you go with, run the same size as factory on front and rear.
May I ask why? The RE11's are known to run smaller than the factory tires so wouldn't you want to compensate the smaller size by going a tad up in size?
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #16
dgreenberg

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 #352, ‘16 ACR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
I disagree, respectively. They do actually tram line and also they are bad in the rain. I've had 2 sets on 2 different vehicles. They were so bad on my SRT Jeep that I replaced them immediately and couldn't sell $2400 worth of tires for $300
They do grip well in dry though good grip. But they actually aren't supposed to be driven in temps below 40 I think. Can crack

Interesting. I've had nothing but good luck in all weather (except snow and ice) with them on all my vehicles. RS5 Audi, ML63 Benz, Viper, Golf R. Sorry to hear your troubles.

I think having a 305 on the front of a car will cause some tram-lining regardless of who makes the tire, but the PZeros were a MASSIVE improvement over the Trofeos.

Lastly, didn't the SRT Jeeps come with a 3 season pirelli tire called the pzero scorpion? Yes these are GARBAGE & and SUV tire only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgreenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #17
POINTBY

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
May I ask why? The RE11's are known to run smaller than the factory tires so wouldn't you want to compensate the smaller size by going a tad up in size?
What I mean is, don't stagger the sizes front/rear.

If you need to go up a size in a different brand to match the same size as the Pirelli I don't see any issue with that.

And, make sure whatever tire you go with has a 102 load rating.
POINTBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #18
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreenberg View Post
Interesting. I've had nothing but good luck in all weather (except snow and ice) with them on all my vehicles. RS5 Audi, ML63 Benz, Viper, Golf R. Sorry to hear your troubles.

I think having a 305 on the front of a car will cause some tram-lining regardless of who makes the tire, but the PZeros were a MASSIVE improvement over the Trofeos.

Lastly, didn't the SRT Jeeps come with a 3 season pirelli tire called the pzero scorpion? Yes these are GARBAGE & and SUV tire only.

The Scorpions are not three season, they are winter tires.

They will hurl snow like a drunken freshman at a frat party.
I have found them to be very good in the rain and ice as well.

Sure, they won't corner like a summer tire, but compared to an all-season when the snow falls you will be driving past all those vehicles you mentioned.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #19
dgreenberg

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 #352, ‘16 ACR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
The Scorpions are not three season, they are winter tires.

They will hurl snow like a drunken freshman at a frat party.
I have found them to be very good in the rain and ice as well.

Sure, they won't corner like a summer tire, but compared to an all-season when the snow falls you will be driving past all those vehicles you mentioned.

Ugh I wonder why I get dragged into pointless arguments on forums. I guess it's my fault LOL.

This is the tire that comes on the SRT8 JEEP (unless you get the upgraded wheels) they are definitely an all season tire not a winter tire.

Of course summer tires don't work beyond damp conditions, but I live in an extreme climate area. (-25 to -35 lows in the winter and 90+ in the summer) I don't use all season tires and I never will. They are half ass at best for most everyday conditions. I run dedicated snow/ice tires for winter and summer only tire when it thaws. I also don't drive my sports cars unless it's spring or summertime LOL.

But I can assure you my RS5, Golf R, and ML definitely drive by just about anybody on the road in snow and ice when they have their winter tires/wheels installed.

dgreenberg is offline   Reply With Quote