The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #15
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Congratulations - that is a gorgeous car! I've considered yellow a couple of times but usually always end up with black but I do like the yellow on the new Camaro.

How many miles on the Callaway now? Any other impressions? I like the hood a LOT! Looks nasty.

Again, welcome to the group!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #16
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Forgot to ask - what does it have for tires/wheels? Stock SS? Can't really tell by the pics.

HP/Torque numbers? NICE car!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #17
Niemienator

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
Awesome OP, welcome back to the dark side!! You can always wrap the car if the yellow is too much for you. Hope you enjoy it more then the Hellcat .

Best regards,

Kayla L.
Congrats
Too Much, is just enough.... KEEP IT YELLOW!
Absolutely bad ass. 20% bonus tag is a steal on a unique Camaro.

LOVE the SC piercing the hood.

Can you post a video of it running... SC whine?
Niemienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Welcome...
Old 11-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #19
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Congratulations - that is a gorgeous car! I've considered yellow a couple of times but usually always end up with black but I do like the yellow on the new Camaro.

How many miles on the Callaway now? Any other impressions? I like the hood a LOT! Looks nasty.

Again, welcome to the group!
Between 5-600. My impression, my friend's impression, and my girlfriend's impression are all the same; it's faster than the Hellcat! Remember mine was the M6 and they are consistantly 0.3-0.5 slower in the quarter than the A8 Hellcats. I've never ridden in or driven an A8 Hellcat, but I don't think my Callaway would be faster than one of them in a straight line.

Another observation, which I assumed before even buying the car, is that Callaway has definitely tuned out the DOD and this thing will not go into 4 banger mode. Doesn't bother me one bit! I think it was still getting slightly better mileage than the Hellcat. Will need more long term info before a good comparison in any of these categories though. Being in PA, it will be going away for the winter pretty much next week, so the real comparisons will have to wait until next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Forgot to ask - what does it have for tires/wheels? Stock SS? Can't really tell by the pics.

HP/Torque numbers? NICE car!
Yes they are the stock SS wheels/tires so I have to be very easy on the throttle. It was breaking the tires loose/traction control kicking on from a 60 mph mash of the pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemienator View Post
Congrats
Too Much, is just enough.... KEEP IT YELLOW!
Absolutely bad ass. 20% bonus tag is a steal on a unique Camaro.

LOVE the SC piercing the hood.

Can you post a video of it running... SC whine?
Can't hear the SC at all which sucks. Not sure if an open intake would make it audible or not. The Hellcat was barely audible when stock and I "engineered" my own intake for it which really made it scream pretty loud. Perhaps I will do the same thing to the Callaway. Here are pics of my old intake. And before anyone tries to beat me up over cheaping out on an intake on a $64K car, just know this. Most aftermarket intakes were actually showing losses and not gains. The only real gains were in SC sound from the open filter intakes and all of these had oiled filters. I'm sure you guys have the same debate about oiled filters and MAF sensors going on over here. I wanted to avoid the oiled filter and used the Mopar CAI filter from every other model Challenger except the Hellcat. Another problem with the open filter intakes is the heat extractor on the hood is directly over the filter and some sort of rain shield is needed if you want it protected. Well some of those intakes included them and some didn't. I also think this is the only reason that their isn't a Mopar intake for the Hellcat yet, but they should be able to make one easily (they will probably steal my design/idea haha). So I didn't really need to justify myself, but I think this is all good info and some of you may be interested enough to read it. I spent less than $70 on my intake and got a rain shield vs $280 for a K&N without a shield or $450 for a BWoody with a shield, take your pick. My plan was to also purchase a new stock lid for $45 for an easy return to stock, but I traded it in before I even bought one. Sorry for the book...
Attached Images

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 11-10-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote