The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilvy View Post
that's a long winded version of what I was wondering. What is the handicap? I never really pay attention to anyone getting in or out of a handicap spot because it's none of my business...but it irks me when perfectly healthy people ride the "scooters" in the grocery store. or lazy fat ****s who just don't want to walk (guess how they ended up weighing 500 lbs) sorry to not be politically correct, and hopefully the OP isn't one of the perfectly healthy fat ****s. a person who voluntarily stuffs their face is not a disability in my mind. that's a completely different rant though and now my post is long winded and probably out of line
Oh, I hear ya. And totally agree!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #16
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
I have ADHD. Technically that is a handicap. But i live with it.

Apparently anxiety is a handicap too. A friend of mine's wife has it, and is on government assistance because of it ;-/ oh. Has handicap plates too.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #17
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
GOLD! LOL ....
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I figure weather I walk 20 feet or 200 feet I have the same pain and limp.
Whether. There's one handicap you can overcome. Glad to help.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 09-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #19
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM 1LE View Post
Have you ever been to a walmart? Every handicapped spot is taken by lazy fat asses that think they are entitled to park close. Things like that make most people wary of the morals of other people

Why would anyone with an ounce of sense go to Walmart to begin with?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #20
PalmerGA

Quote:
I have ADHD. Technically that is a handicap. But i live with it.

Apparently anxiety is a handicap too. A friend of mine's wife has it, and is on government assistance because of it ;-/ oh. Has handicap plates too.
Please... don't tell us any more. This kind of thing is rampant in our "take a pill" society. Appalling.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Why would anyone with an ounce of sense go to Walmart to begin with?
One-stop shopping.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #22
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Please... don't tell us any more. This kind of thing is rampant in our "take a pill" society. Appalling.
Oh and I agree with that 100%

Hence why i deal with it and dont complain about it, or tell everyone "I cant do that because of X"
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #23
PalmerGA

Quote:
Oh and I agree with that 100%

Hence why i deal with it and dont complain about it, or tell everyone "I cant do that because of X"
Good for you - commendable.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #24
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Cool story

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #25
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATGYRL View Post
For the past 4 years I have driven a paint faded 1999 GMC Yukon. I have had handicap placard (card for window vs. plates) and no one has made one mention of whether i should be in handicap. After being a single mom and sacrificing driving the bucket i finally got MY CAR...the car that makes me happy...after ducking ppl i know the car that will make me be seen and now everyone makes comments about whether i belong in handicap or if i look handicap or if i just don't want anyone scratching my ride...WELL DANGIT I DON'T WANT MY CAR SCRATCHED, but must i limp, hold my hand to my chest, use a cane, crutch or walker to prove to you idiots I am handicapped? I've earned every incident of my handicap parking and you know what yes i do drive a sweet as crap 2015 Camaro RS that I love far more than you HATERS!!!
relax its not the end of the world...
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #26
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
The issue is that some people have the "handicap people don't have sports/flashy cars" thought. This is a topic that comes up from time to time on all forums related to sports/flashy cars. I guess people think handicap people are in constant hardship with no fun/hobbies.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #27
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
One of the biggest problems are the a-holes who park there then jump out in their jogging suit and run into the store, but the placard/plate is actually because of their spouse, who is at home. Meanwhile, the person who really needs the spot has to park out in the lot and are banging stuff into the side of my vehicles trying to get in and out of theirs.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #28
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
One of the biggest problems are the a-holes who park there then jump out in their jogging suit and run into the store, but the placard/plate is actually because of their spouse, who is at home. Meanwhile, the person who really needs the spot has to park out in the lot and are banging stuff into the side of my vehicles trying to get in and out of theirs.
i have a handicap card that hangs on the mirror.. i know 100 percent that if someone used it and i was not there.. that person gets a tixx and i will also get in trouble as well...
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote