Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
I heard suntek was better. xpel has more of an orange peel look to it.
Would you say yours is pretty glossy? Can you post a picture of it by any chance?
Heres a view from the top. Front fascia is the only thing covered.

And heres a close up of where the Fascia, Fender, hood meet. There is a seam that is amplified because theres some wax in there. Which I will take care of now LOL

And here is the piece right behind the front wheel well, it's hard to see but you can just see the outline of it.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #16
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
I heard suntek was better. xpel has more of an orange peel look to it.
Would you say yours is pretty glossy? Can you post a picture of it by any chance?
?????

Xpel has no look to it, any orange peel is from the paint LOL
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #17
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
?????

I have to disagree. I just saw a almost a lime/neon green dodge challenger hellcat that was cleared by Xpel on the front bumper. You could deff tell a diff from it and the paint as far as texture and look. It wasnt bad looking but i could spot it right away.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #18
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I cleaned the wax out and opened the garage door to get more light.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #19
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My vote is for Suntek...
I had a Traverse done with Xpel, then an Acadia done with Suntek. The Suntek looks a little thinner than the Xpel did, but it's more glossy, less prone to permanent damage due to bugs and rocks in my opinion. I had the Camaro done in a different state, and Suntek was not available. If I had the time, I'd drive to Shane's Clearbra in Peoria, AZ and have him remove what I have and put on Suntek. Maybe the difference was the quality of the installation, but I am impressed more with the Suntek.
Just my opinion/experience however.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #20
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
?????

I agree absolutely no difference. I also saw it on 6 different high end cars. Maybe it was a poor install or prep work on the car op saw.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #21
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Oh my installer did say since it is bought in rolls -some can be a better batch than others. His opinion was that Xpel ultimate is best for front bumper due to it being little thicker to withstand the possible hard blows.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Oh my installer did say since it is bought in rolls -some can be a better batch than others. His opinion was that Xpel ultimate is best for front bumper due to it being little thicker to withstand the possible hard blows.
Xpel by far I had it on my 2010ss and I have it on my current 2012 Z
Xpel does not produce an orange peel effect, it it whatever is in your paint. It actually helped hide a couple chips I already had on the car. But the key to the whole thing is the installer. The installer can make or break it, so do your research on the installer too. When installed it should be almost see less and ask to have your edges wrapped, this will help hide an lines. I have my front facia, headlights, fog, gill area, rockers, and mirrors covered with Xpel.