Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Going through the same issues right now. Have an appointment to meet with a USAA rep at the Body shop which is also a Chevrolet/Cadillac dealership this Friday so that I can show everything that has been fixed wrong on my car by the body shop.
Trust me USAA will help you out. They went to bat for me.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
I'm going the same route as you. Mom and pop place, but they have a passion for cars and their work is top notch. Just glad this is over and I can move on to have my car done right. They said to do a complete paint job done right and everything I'm looking at 5-7 weeks which is fine.

I got 3 months of my car payments taken care and all my 20% on car rentals reimbursed plus loss wages and etc dealing with this issue.

The kicker the guy that let my car come out like this was the estimator and a good friend of my good friend who recommended him and his shop. With that said we dont have a friendship anymore because he never stepped up to help me out. Took me 7 weeks and 3 tries with this shop to make it right and it came out worse everytime. I said screw it give me my car and I'll handle it.

State Farm went to bat for me because it was their "perferred shop." They are on the hook, but the auto body shop was denying things so State Farm was stuck in between a rock and a hard spot. In the end they came through basically told my new shop they will cover anything and everything. My car is a overspray nightmare.

Pics to come soon and you will be blown away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Trust me I really feel your pain. Having a 7 month ordeal to get my car fixed properly was really a test of patience. I give USAA Props because they checked back a few months after my car was fixed CORRECTLY to see how I was doing. The body shop that did my repairs was a small mom and pop place and they treated me like I was family. Funny thing was if you checked my posts on my ordeal the dealer that botched the repairs said the paint chips after only a month was all my fault. Well it has been almost two years since having the work corrected and many road trips. Guess what, no paint chips! Just be patient and have faith in your insurance company 9 times out of 10 they will go to bat for you.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
I've been to 3 bodyshops...one from the dealership which is way way better than the two. One accidentally sprayed my front grille and nobody said anything until I saw it...the other one messed up my interior (mud, trash, etc), paint job for an aftermarket part was waaaaayyyy off, and some scratches on my front grille and door panel that I ended up replacing (super dumb-he's actually here). I was thinking of making them pay for it but then again, I hate wasting my time with those freaking people so I just let it go and went back to my dealership to get it fixed. It's really hard to find a good body shop so eventhough my dealership is located 280mi away, it's still worth it...no headache...perfect outcome.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Man, these stories are brutal... Sorry you guys have had to deal with that crap!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #19
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Man, these stories are brutal... Sorry you guys have had to deal with that crap!
Yeah dude. Most of them are just there for your money. They don't give a crap about your car...for them, you're just another customer. So if you found a good body shop, I say stick with them...they will hook you up in the long run.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #20
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Exactly! Luckily I have found a shop with passion for their work and cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
Yeah dude. Most of them are just there for your money. They don't give a crap about your car...for them, you're just another customer. So if you found a good body shop, I say stick with them...they will hook you up in the long run.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
Alot of these shops take absolutely zero pride in their work. Just a number My car was vandalized at the dealership (about 60 percent of the car had to be repainted) They sold me on doing the work through the shop that they use. BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART. The painter was so bad I had more orange peel then the Tropicana and Sunkist companies combined. The way they gave me the car back was nuts. Back and forth to this shop at least 5 times to have them wet sand it out. The owners explanation was well this is an excepted industry standard. I was shocked. It is still not right but its to the point where I can finish the correction
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote