Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #15
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
When are you getting this done? I am curious to the cost as well. Looks like a nice way to gain solid long term power.
This weekend hopefully. Cam and valvetrain are in, intake and headers should be in today or tomorrow. The only thing that's a tossup are the heads. We got new heads to send off for porting that MAY not make it back by Friday. If that's the case it may be delayed a week or so. My parts deposit came out to around $3600 with supporting parts like ARP head bolts and stuff. Install and tune should be another $2000 or so, coming out to $5500-6000.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #16
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Nice, looking forward to your results and hope you hit the numbers you want. Either way I'm sure you'll be smiling ear to ear once she is finished
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #17
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
looking forward to it!
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #18
BravoMyles

Looking like it may be delayed a few days. Heads aren't looking like they'll be in by the weekend so it could possibly have to wait until after Thanksgiving.

CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Old 11-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #19
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
Looking like it may be delayed a few days. Heads aren't looking like they'll be in by the weekend so it could possibly have to wait until after Thanksgiving.
What you mean there is delays in a car build? This is never expected.

On a different note I am curious how this build ends up. If I lived closer would like to see it in person and what your feelings are after it was done.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
I'm beyond excited. I was planning on going boost, but for now decided to build all motor. I'll lay out the details I have for now, but we're pushing for 500+rwhp on motor.

Car is a 2017 A8 1SS w/ NPP

Comp Cam Custom VVT grind - 224/237 .585/.579 116
Custom ported stock heads
Hooker Blackheart 1 7/8" long tubes
Cold Air Inductions intake
Dyno tune

We're trying to keep the stock converter and keeping NPP (fuse is pulled). I'm dropping the car off next Thursday and picking it up the following Monday or Tuesday.
You may want to add an MSD intake to that list and you will blow right past 500 RWHP.

Also there is some power in the exhaust system on this car.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #21
BravoMyles

Quote:
What you mean there is delays in a car build? This is never expected.

On a different note I am curious how this build ends up. If I lived closer would like to see it in person and what your feelings are after it was done.
"Delays" meaning I got my hopes up real high and now am waiting patiently with a ton of built up excitement. It's not delayed really, I'm just too excited. Lol

It should be fun whether we hit the goal or not. It'll be a totally different animal regardless!

Old 11-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #22
drivingagain

Yeah I do not blame you on being anxious. 500whp N/A daily driver is my goal with this car as well. This was not very easy to do 15 years ago with any longevity. You are doing alot of what I had in mind.

When you sent out the heads to get ported did you send your stock intake with it?
Old 11-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #23
BravoMyles

Quote:
When you sent out the heads to get ported did you send your stock intake with it?
We actually picked up a new set of stocks to send off, didn't send the intake manifold. My car is still driveable right now since we got a new set, once it comes in it's simply a matter of swapping in the new stuff and tuning. Car should be down for no longer than a few days.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #24
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
What was the bone-stock hp on that dyno?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #25
BravoMyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
What was the bone-stock hp on that dyno?
Haven't gotten it on one yet. Gonna see if we can put it on the dyno before everything but it may not happen since it's over the weekend and we only have access to the dyno on week days.

I'm so unbelievably anxious because of the excitement right now.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #26
USP45

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Who is doing the work for you in DFW? I know of a few places but was just curious..

If I go with a 1LE over a ZL1 or Z06 then I would do a n/a build as well. I am also pretty interested to see what numbers come out of this.
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #27
BravoMyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP45 View Post
Who is doing the work for you in DFW? I know of a few places but was just curious..

If I go with a 1LE over a ZL1 or Z06 then I would do a n/a build as well. I am also pretty interested to see what numbers come out of this.
He's actually in Oklahoma. I went to school up there so I know a bunch of people that way. I actually work in McKinney, if you're curious when I get it done I'm sure we could meet up. I go to a ton of car meets and stuff in the area too.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #28
drivingagain

It would be really nice to see the stock ve the add on gains. Then you know the difference of the dyno. Really only way to know what you added. Every Dyno is different. Since you are doing so many mods at once you would benefit more from a before and after.

You said they will be working on the car during the weekend. Maybe you can have the people there run you on a dyno the Friday before you start the work. Just thoughts I am sure you may have already thought about.