Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
While I would love to havee you guys join us, it is quite a bit out of the way for you... From OK City, you could go straight up through St Louis and into Indy... Having said that, again, I would love to meet up and roll with the Left Coasters...

Heck, with you guys and everyone else we could have well over 100 Camaros rolling into Indiana...
The Detour i mapped out that meets up with you guys only tacks on 4 hours to our already 36 hour drive. Personally I don't mind the extra 4 hours. If you'd rather us not meet up so early in the drive that's fine, I can adjust the rout. 341 days until blast off.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
The Detour i mapped out that meets up with you guys only tacks on 4 hours to our already 36 hour drive. Personally I don't mind the extra 4 hours. If you'd rather us not meet up so early in the drive that's fine, I can adjust the rout. 341 days until blast off.
I think what he meant was he didnt want yall to have to drive that extra 4 hours. For all we care yall can meet us in dallas for the whole drive haha… the more the merrier.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #17
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

I don't care if it will take me 70 hours to get there lol, I've never been out of Cali so i'm stoked to go anywhere.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
SilverSS3108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
What day are you thinking of gettingg into Indianapolis... I've had some questions about it and while I was thinking about arriving Wed eve, there are some folks talking about arriving up there Thursday... Let me know what you guys are thinking... Thursday is apparently designed more for the Mods and Vendors to set up, though arriving on Wed eve to me gives a free day to visit and see others without worrying about doing things... and that may be a day for me to go to Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Museum…
I like the idea of getting there on weds day but Im game either way. Just seems like not being rushed and getting to enjoy the trip VS being pushed to make good time so that we dont miss anything is a no brainer.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I was serious, I would love to have you folks join us, I just know that some folks don't like to drive extra when they are traveling so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 View Post
I like the idea of getting there on weds day but Im game either way. Just seems like not being rushed and getting to enjoy the trip VS being pushed to make good time so that we dont miss anything is a no brainer.
I'm torn now... Getting there Wed would allow for a free day to go to the Indy motor speedway... and the Indy Museum... but I'm game for whatever...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
SilverSS3108

we need input from the others…….
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #21
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

I prefer Wednesday so we have more time there. I want to explore things to do around there. The museum sounds like a great idea.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #22
Juliette

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Hey guys, Your map goes through Little Rock right? I'm building my map (coming from NorCal, but driving with the SoCal guys) and that seems like a nice place to meet up because it's only 4 hours out of our way. From Little Rock we'd be with you guys the rest of the time. I wanted to meet in Fort Smith but that adds to much time to both of our routs. Let me know if i need to make any changes, the HUGE link below leads you to my map. Take a look and make changes if need be.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mi...=1,2,3&t=m&z=5[
Not sure that we would have as many cars coming out of the Northwest as will be coming out of Texas, but if you want to shorten your trip and go through Salt Lake we would be happy to have you and others from Northern California and those coming out of the other Western states join our Camarovan on I-80. Our plan is to get into Indianapolis Wednesday evening and do the Speedway and museum Thursday AM and then go down to the festival. As others have said, we have plenty of time to plan. Just want to make sure that you are all invited to join us.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Not sure that we would have as many cars coming out of the Northwest as will be coming out of Texas, but if you want to shorten your trip and go through Salt Lake we would be happy to have you and others from Northern California and those coming out of the other Western states join our Camarovan on I-80. Our plan is to get into Indianapolis Wednesday evening and do the Speedway and museum Thursday AM and then go down to the festival. As others have said, we have plenty of time to plan. Just want to make sure that you are all invited to join us.
I'll be up in your neck of the woods improbably two weeks... If my wife can make it, I want to take her to deception pass and on Chuckanut Drive... Then into Canada to visit a friend...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #24
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I think, as of right now, we should just plan on arriving in Indy on Wednesday afternoon/evening and then adjust accordingly once we know more about exactly what activities are going down on Thursday.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I think, as of right now, we should just plan on arriving in Indy on Wednesday afternoon/evening and then adjust accordingly once we know more about exactly what activities are going down on Thursday.

Its looking like the SE group will be leaving Wednesday morning to arrive there Wed evening. I know you guys are driving a lot farther. We'll be able to lock in the Louisville meet up time later on. I'm looking to roll into Indy around 7pm or so at the latest.

what are you guys thinking?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
SilverSS3108

I think we are going to continue with the original plan... Leave Dallas Tuesday morning and stay the night in Memphis and then get up wednesday morning and finish the drive. It'll make the drive less stressful, easier for us to plan times to meet with other caravans, more partying, just an all around better trip.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #27
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 View Post
I think we are going to continue with the original plan... Leave Dallas Tuesday morning and stay the night in Memphis and then get up wednesday morning and finish the drive. It'll make the drive less stressful, easier for us to plan times to meet with other caravans, more partying, just an all around better trip.
sounds like a good plan. I've got to skim out a few details about our stopover points to time out how long we can hang out/refuel before we get back on the road. I'm taking a trip up that way for thanksgiving so I'll be testing out the route. and since I'll be driving alone, I can pull off the road at different areas to find the best possible locations. plus it will let me work out the timeframes for when we need to depart Greenville to be able to meet at a specific time in Louisville.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Im in. You are coming right thru my hometown of Bowling Green, KY and would be cool if everyone could stop at the Corvette Museum for a meeting point along the way.