Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #15
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride98red View Post
Do yourself a favor and head over to autogeek.net. Check out the "Detailing How-To" section. Tons of videos.

2 bucket washing is great, and a necessity in my opinion. And just because you use two buckets, doesn't mean you wash the entire car top to bottom with the same wash mit. I have two mits - one for the top and 3/4's down, and then another for the bottom 1/4 of the car. Drying is just as important. Get some good heavy microfiber towels from autogeek.net. I use them and love them!

Be careful with the polishing! Use the proper cut paste with the proper pad. You're going to be doing the entire car about 2 or 3 times depending on the severity of the scratches and amount of perfection you want out of your effort.
Love Autogeek. For the beginner and weekend detailer an awesome resource of information and products. There were so many things I did wrong. After treating my 16RS I was able to bring back my 03 SLS to life. Notice the cloud definition, that's with a clay then a coat of Wolfgang 3.0 Paint sealant and one coat of Naddy's Red. Second coat goes on today.
Attached Images

dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote