Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
ABM 2SS/RS

Drives: ABM 2ss/rs m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post
Exhaust leaks even trick trained professionals, a knock is way different than a lifter tick. On these engines a lifter tick means broke spring or bent rod. Did it drive wierd?
Did not drive it. I only ran it for about 15 seconds. I was afraid it would cause more damage if I ran it any longer. Sounded like someone dumping a bucket of bolts on a metal roof
ABM 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
ABM 2SS/RS

Dealer called and said my car is ready. They are blaming the problem on the mobil 1 oil filter I was using. They said I needed to use ac delco filters because of oil flow. I asked why it just now caused a problem since I have been using mobil 1 filters since new. They just mumbled and stuttered some lame excuse. Oh well, I guess I'll just play there game for now and we'll see what happens.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
This might be the sticky oil pump valve deal
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
ABM 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
This might be the sticky oil pump valve deal

Yea, thats what I'm thinking. My wife is upset with the dealers response. I told her that we will just go along for now. If it is the valve sticking, it won't matter what filter is on the car.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
There is a TSB about this I'm pretty sure. Mine sounds like this when I first start it and sometimes after it runs for awhile. One dealer told me they all do it and it is normal. I took it to another dealer and he said that they can replace the parts but it would probably sound the same after they did. I believe there is a problem and you just need to find the right dealer to fix it. Good luck buddy. The oil filter thing is bullshit. I have used ac filters since I have had my Camaro and it still makes the same noise. I will be taking it back to the dealer in the spring to have them take care of it or prove to me nothing can be done about it. I do have a few mods on my car now but I took the car to 2 different dealers before I did the mods so the one dealer said they will still help me if it gets worse.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
ABM 2SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
There is a TSB about this I'm pretty sure. Mine sounds like this when I first start it and sometimes after it runs for awhile. One dealer told me they all do it and it is normal. I took it to another dealer and he said that they can replace the parts but it would probably sound the same after they did. I believe there is a problem and you just need to find the right dealer to fix it. Good luck buddy. The oil filter thing is bullshit. I have used ac filters since I have had my Camaro and it still makes the same noise. I will be taking it back to the dealer in the spring to have them take care of it or prove to me nothing can be done about it. I do have a few mods on my car now but I took the car to 2 different dealers before I did the mods so the one dealer said they will still help me if it gets worse.

My concern is even if I finally prove it to them that there is a problem and they do finally fix it, how much long term damage has been caused. I read somewhere about the oil pump problem, but it wasn,t a tsb, it was called an IP I believe. Does anyone know what an IP is?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Wow, I don't know why these dealers give us lame excuses. I've taken my car in before for a whooping sound that happens sometimes and my fan runs more then everyone else that I know that have camaros and they tell me it's normal evrything is always normal. what a joke!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
ABM 2SS/RS

UPDATE!
So my wife goes to the dealer to pick up the car and they proceed to tell her if the car comes back with anything but an ac/delco filter on it, the warranty will be void. Can you believe that!? They tell her about how the ac filter has this "special" valve that keeps the oil from draining back when the engine is shut off. SO DOES THE MOBIL 1 FILTER! What a bunch of morons. They recommend mobil 1 oil but I guess the mobil 1 filter is not as good as theirs, which is probably manufactured by the lowest bidder. It took me all but 10 minutes of internet research to find out about the sticky oil pump valve problem that causes the very problem I am having and all they can do in their infinite wisdom is blame it on a faulty filter, and then threaten to void my warranty. Im not mad about their lame solution, Im mad that they think Im stupid enough to believe it. Before she left, she asked them if their story is true, why after 22000 miles had it not done it before? Guess what the answer was. "I can't explain that."

Last edited by ABM 2SS/RS; 01-05-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #23
ABM 2SS/RS

I guess everytime I need gas that I'd better go to the dealer and fill up with ac/delco gas so I can keep my warranty.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
ABM 2SS/RS

If there is any gm techs or customer service people monitoring this thread, I would greatly appreciate any advise you could give on how I should handle this.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM 2SS/RS View Post
UPDATE!
So my wife goes to the dealer to pick up the car and they proceed to tell her if the car comes back with anything but an ac/delco filter on it, the warranty will be void. Can you believe that!? They tell her about how the ac filter has this "special" valve that keeps the oil from draining back when the engine is shut off. SO DOES THE MOBIL 1 FILTER!
Don't you have a V8?

I thought that only the V6 filters have the anti-drainback valve. The V8 filters are mounted vertically, so no oil will drain can drain out.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #26
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
Don't you have a V8?

I thought that only the V6 filters have the anti-drainback valve. The V8 filters are mounted vertically, so no oil will drain can drain out.
V6 filters are mounted vertically as well. They are also only a cartridge. If there is an anti-drain back valve it's built into the oil filter housing assembly.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #27
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
V6 filters are mounted vertically as well. They are also only a cartridge. If there is an anti-drain back valve it's built into the oil filter housing assembly.

Yeah, I guess you're right... must be the Buick V6's that have the horizontal screw-on filters

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #28
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM 2SS/RS View Post
UPDATE!
So my wife goes to the dealer to pick up the car and they proceed to tell her if the car comes back with anything but an ac/delco filter on it, the warranty will be void. Can you believe that!? They tell her about how the ac filter has this "special" valve that keeps the oil from draining back when the engine is shut off. SO DOES THE MOBIL 1 FILTER! What a bunch of morons. They recommend mobil 1 oil but I guess the mobil 1 filter is not as good as theirs, which is probably manufactured by the lowest bidder. It took me all but 10 minutes of internet research to find out about the sticky oil pump valve problem that causes the very problem I am having and all they can do in their infinite wisdom is blame it on a faulty filter, and then threaten to void my warranty. Im not mad about their lame solution, Im mad that they think Im stupid enough to believe it. Before she left, she asked them if their story is true, why after 22000 miles had it not done it before? Guess what the answer was. "I can't explain that."

So the dealer let the car leave with the Mobil 1 filter?
How can they do that when they KNOW that it is causing the problems?
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote