The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #27483
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'm cutting LFX intake manifold spacers... I just replaced the nozzle in the waterjet machine and the sound of it running is now ear blistering. I'm sitting in my office 50ft away from the machine wearing earmuffs and I still have a headache. Exciting Friday night! Wwwooooo....
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #27484
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Cool. And......................................not cool (noise).
Old 08-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #27485
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I'm cutting LFX intake manifold spacers... I just replaced the nozzle in the waterjet machine and the sound of it running is now ear blistering. I'm sitting in my office 50ft away from the machine wearing earmuffs and I still have a headache. Exciting Friday night! Wwwooooo....
Ohh is that the adapter for the LLT?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #27486
Jason@JacFab

The V6 Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Ohh is that the adapter for the LLT?

No, it's the Extendolator for the LFX... Come to find out, GM has (probably) made the Adaptolator for the LLT all along. OOPS!!!

I guess I can't call it the Adaptolator anymore... That bums me out :(
Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #27487
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
What?? Why did?? How? When? Man I lost all interest in performance a while back.. That sucks
Old 08-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #27488
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
The V6 Lounge

Quote:

I saw something on Apex that made me think about all the drama with the IM porting jobs that ended up being wadded up tape and gunk. Apex sells a throttle-body spacer that has a protuberance into the intake manifold. If this were long enough couldn't it serve the same purpose as the intake manifold porting? I'm sure there would still be some turbulence in that area, but it would have to help if the oil catch in the intake manifold were bridged over right?
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407585050.992908.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  37.7 KB

On further investigation it seems that this thing actually goes between the throttle body and te intake tubing not in between the TB and intake manifold. But there could be potential there.

Last edited by 6bangerBOOM; 08-09-2014 at 06:54 AM.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #27489
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
I saw something on Apex that made me think about all the drama with the IM porting jobs that ended up being wadded up tape and gunk. Apex sells a throttle-body spacer that has a protuberance into the intake manifold. If this were long enough couldn't it serve the same purpose as the intake manifold porting? I'm sure there would still be some turbulence in that area, but it would have to help if the oil catch in the intake manifold were bridged over right?
Attachment 652621

On further investigation it seems that this thing actually goes between the throttle body and te intake tubing not in between the TB and intake manifold. But there could be potential there.
Waste of money.

Felix- speeding in my SS/RS
Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #27490
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Waste of money.

Felix- speeding in my SS/RS

Absolutely. But a lot of people also wasted money for the porting only to find a wad of crap epoxied into the oil reservoir on their intake.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #27491
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Absolutely. But a lot of people also wasted money for the porting only to find a wad of crap epoxied into the oil reservoir on their intake.

Yeah, some people are con-artists too. It's easy to make it LOOK like you've done something and take people's money. You won't find any crap wadded into my intakes. And the filler will never come out (unless you take it out yourself)
Old 08-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #27492
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Yeah, some people are con-artists too. It's easy to make it LOOK like you've done something and take people's money. You won't find any crap wadded into my intakes. And the filler will never come out (unless you take it out yourself)

I'll make it clear for anybody else who may read this and say that I wasn't referring to anything offered up by Jason or JacFab when I mentioned the crap-wads. I am interested in the idea of the spacer used as a means of bypassing that dip though.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #27493
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
I'll make it clear for anybody else who may read this and say that I wasn't referring to anything offered up by Jason or JacFab when I mentioned the crap-wads. I am interested in the idea of the spacer used as a means of bypassing that dip though.
I wasn't implying that you were talking bad about me or the products I peddle. I was implying that some people will sell you anything to get your money, regardless of whether it works or not. That spacer is pretty pointless as it's constructed, it won't work for what you're thinking, and might even make things worse. If it was built right, it could potentially work for what you are thinking.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #27494
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
I wasn't implying that you were talking bad about me or the products I peddle. I was implying that some people will sell you anything to get your money, regardless of whether it works or not. That spacer is pretty pointless as it's constructed, it won't work for what you're thinking, and might even make things worse. If it was built right, it could potentially work for what you are thinking.

I know you weren't. I just didn't want anybody else (who might not have seen the whole saga with that other company that did IM porting) to think I was talking about JacFab. Yeah and the cork-screw thread design on the inside of the spacer tube was disproven by Miller Lite a few years back. Shit didn't make the beer taste better, and I'd wager it doesn't help an LFX either. But yeah if somebody were to take that design as a basis then they might be able to make some money. I don't know. That's my random musing for the month of August.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #27495
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
I know you weren't. I just didn't want anybody else (who might not have seen the whole saga with that other company that did IM porting) to think I was talking about JacFab. Yeah and the cork-screw thread design on the inside of the spacer tube was disproven by Miller Lite a few years back. Shit didn't make the beer taste better, and I'd wager it doesn't help an LFX either. But yeah if somebody were to take that design as a basis then they might be able to make some money. I don't know. That's my random musing for the month of August.
Corkscrew beer, lol... I see what you're saying about the spacer. If that corkscrew piece were 2-3 inches longer, and had the right shape on the end, it would work for what you want, probably work pretty good too! But the manifold would still have to be modified quite a bit to even get it in the TB opening.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #27496
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
damn, i'm bored.