Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #253
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Ls7 = $14,000
Ls3 = $7799
Less than $7000 price difference.
Add that to a base 1le camaro $35,000
Thats $42, 000

Even if you add the cost of a LS7 to a 1le that is about $50,000 with a spare ls3 left over
I think a lot of folks are missing the point. This car is a lot more than a 1LE + LS7. If you find yourself making these types do rationalizations then this is not the car for you.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #254
silver surfer ZL1

Drives: 2013 silver ZL1
Im glad I didnt put my ZL1 up for sale to put down a deposit on one.....

$75,000 is just to much for this car, the ZL1 can be transformed into a track car to resemble the z28 for a smaller fee.

sad about the price, but at least its a great looking car
silver surfer ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #255
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
You are missing the point.... Some people want a CAMARO that will run with exotics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I think a lot of folks are missing the point. This car is a lot more than a 1LE + LS7. If you find yourself making these types do rationalizations then this is not the car for you.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #256
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low RS View Post
they must not want people to buy them,,,,,too much!!!!!!!!!
Lol yup, my thoughts exactly...they get to show off what they "can" do, but can't afford to sell it to the masses..they know that the Z/28 is the most recognizable Camaro of all time but the price and the people saying its "worth it" are insane. It's not the content or the decontent that makes the price is what people will pay for it. I'm not mad a GM for showing off their abilities, I am mad that the GOV'T has made it to where American muscle is priced as European exotics.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #257
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think too many are hung up on the name more than the car.
What if the 5th gen SS had been named the Z28 and this car had been named the SS? Would anyone have cared?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #258
Mikes SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low RS View Post
they must not want people to buy them,,,,,too much!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
You are missing the point.... Some people want a CAMARO that will run with exotics.

Then they should "settle" for a Corvette!!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #259
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
No you may be missing the point. We don't want to pay for the improved handling and development that went into the Z. We just want the motor in place of the LS3 available from the factory in a 1LE package. As consumers we are trying to tell the manufacture what we want and hopeful they will offer it, seem rational to me. The problem is than the Z28 and ZL1 owners may not be too happy.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #260
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
Before I saw the video that the Z28 was going to cost north of the ZL1, I was almost sure it was gonna be priced in between the SS and ZL1.. I saw a vote and most votes agreed so I guess I'm not the only one who thought that. Maybe 45k or so? I was shocked at this. Asides from the LS7 motor, what would give it a 20k increase from the ZL1? Sure it's "track ready" but couldn't you just shed weight, etc from a ZL1? I mean not having an AC, HID's, trunk carpet, less speakers, that should drop the price not increase it. I don't know every part on this car so don't attack me Lol
Carbon brakes standard, not an option on ZL1
Recaro seats standard, optional on ZL1
Unique forged wheels and tires
High performance DSSV dampers, not an option on ZL1

I think those alone would cover the cost difference between the Z/28 and the ZL1.

Some of these posts crack me up. People saying they wouldn't pay this much for a Camaro probably couldn't afford a car this expensive anyways. I can't afford it and think $75,000 is a reasonable price for the car but then again, when I think of performance cars, 24 way adjustable seats that heat and massage my ass don't even cross my mind. Car performance is what matters most to me.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #261
Mikes SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
I'm looking forward to this time next year when there are a hundred threads here on good times at the track instead of threads from people who would never buy a Z/28 in the first place but are determined to "prove" actual buyers must pay ADM...lol. And how the car should have had half it's content cut so it would appeal to the all the same posters who don't track, so that we have yet one more compromised, half-hearted offering on the market.

No wonder very few really cool cars are designed and built in North America, all the hue and outcry from so many wanting something for nothing.

GM is about to produce the only track-focused, track-ready, track-durable, track-warranted car in the world. And all most of you can do is bitch.
The warranty will still run out on this car when it sits in the garage!! So who cares that it has a factory warranty? Only the 3 people who actually use the car as intended? And of those 3, if they can afford the coin to replace the tires after each track event, you think they are nickel/diming the fact it has a warranty?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #262
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
DUDE, what are you paying for and whatcha gettin? Heck, take an old Datsun 510, install a three quater race cam and a couple spoilers up front and lower it and BOOOOOMMMMM, you have a new GTR. So a couple big tires and a internet ordered LS and I've got the same as the Z28 for only $29.95 and it's just as fast, Blah, blah, blah....

Come on, you need to retread the specs and look at the fact it's 4 seconds faster than the ZL1 and it was on a wet track. This thing is a track monster and will run with cars in the half million dollar range. I am willing to bet there will be a waiting list to get one regardless of the asking price. Just because everyone can't afford one doesn't mean others will not buy it. I can sum it up best by a sign we use to have in the speed shop I use to work at, and it goes like this;

Speed cost money, how fast can you afford to go?

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #263
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
No you may be missing the point. We don't want to pay for the improved handling and development that went into the Z. We just want the motor in place of the LS3 available from the factory in a 1LE package. As consumers we are trying to tell the manufacture what we want and hopeful they will offer it, seem rational to me. The problem is than the Z28 and ZL1 owners may not be too happy.
Ok. You're not a Z/28 customer. That's the point. Also, it's a whole lot easier to eek and extra 80 hp out of an SS without adding an LS7.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #264
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Seems reasonable...
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #265
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Ok. You're not a Z/28 customer. That's the point. Also, it's a whole lot easier to eek and extra 80 hp out of an SS without adding an LS7.
Great than its settled, GM is going to offer a 2015 SS 1LE with an increase of 80hp (about 510hp or so) for $50K and a factory warranty. I'm happy now, thank you!!.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #266
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Carbon brakes standard, not an option on ZL1
Recaro seats standard, optional on ZL1
Unique forged wheels and tires
High performance DSSV dampers, not an option on ZL1

I think those alone would cover the cost difference between the Z/28 and the ZL1.

Some of these posts crack me up. People saying they wouldn't pay this much for a Camaro probably couldn't afford a car this expensive anyways. I can't afford it and think $75,000 is a reasonable price for the car but then again, when I think of performance cars, 24 way adjustable seats that heat and massage my ass don't even cross my mind. Car performance is what matters most to me.
Yes, posts of personal opinions crack me up too LOLOLOLOL