Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #169
The Kidnapper
Fbodfather's Love Child

Drives: Camaro/ Black suburbans
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
God Bless you - but no-- I cannot accept anything like that - and even if I could, I wouldn't......I'd rather each of you save your money to buy a 5th gen -- or, if you already have -- to buy some good 'stuff' for your 5th gen.

I am tracking Thor each day -- IF he goes to GM Auction, my cousin will be there to snatch him up -- and if the planets align, I will buy him -- and keep him.....and hand him down to my nephews.........

IF he does not go to Auction -- well -- I don't want to think about that.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts -- I am fine -- I am healthy -- and I'm the luckiest guy in the world, frankly...........

.............but Damn - I sure miss my buddy.

Got up this morning -- very cold crisp Autumn morning in Michigan - brilliant blue sky -- got Thor out of the garage -- and just felt terrible that this was the last time I'd take him for a spin.......

Dropped him off at the 11 Mile facility --- and as I drove away, I looked in the rear-view mirror -- and realized that I've never had a car move me the way Thor has -- and it also occurred to me how achingly handsome these cars really are........ (..yeah -- I'm prejudiced -- so sue me...)
.......was given a Captive Test Fleet SRX -- and the SRX has a lot of cool features (as well as one HUGE sunroof -- ) -- and I'd highly recommend it to someone looking for a Luxury Cross-over.......

BUT............completely different personality.

If the SRX could talk -- it would be something along the lines of

"....Good day, Sir -- may I bring you the latest Dow-Jones industrial average?....and perhaps later we can visit Brooks Brothers...."

.....whereas if Thor could talk it would be along the lines of:

".....Yeo -- Dude -- you and me -- let's hit the road -- and cause some ruckus...."

The SRX is perhaps a trusted advisor --

Thor was my best buddy that wants me to live life on the edge.........
you dont fit the corp world when it comes to Cars, You fit the world of Racecars & young men & women out there causing cane lol.
The Kidnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #170
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
In mythology - Thor had two sons --

Modi -- and Magni --

Modi is a yellow SS/RS and belongs to our buddy in Western New York...(picture, please!...) Modi looks JUST LIKE Thor...........'cept for the Transformer package.........oh - and Modi has all of the updates - Thor is a very early car and has incorrect interior door panels, wrong I.P. applique - and other stuff....

Magni is the Camaro RS (ES) that I bought for "Mom" Settlemire - and so when I go back to Mars (Pittsburgh) -- I can always drive the "Son of Thor"

.....and there's nothing I'd like better than to be able to buy Thor and keep him pristine in Mars........well - OK -- I'd have to bring him back to Grosse Pointe Farms each spring -- but he'd 'winter' in Mars in a heated garage.....

.....now all I have to do is sell my Brickyard Convert....................hmmmmmmmm........that's not gonna be easy.............
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #171
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
In mythology - Thor had two sons --

Modi -- and Magni --

Modi is a yellow SS/RS and belongs to our buddy in Western New York...(picture, please!...) Modi looks JUST LIKE Thor...........'cept for the Transformer package.........oh - and Modi has all of the updates - Thor is a very early car and has incorrect interior door panels, wrong I.P. applique - and other stuff....

Magni is the Camaro RS (ES) that I bought for "Mom" Settlemire - and so when I go back to Mars (Pittsburgh) -- I can always drive the "Son of Thor"

.....and there's nothing I'd like better than to be able to buy Thor and keep him pristine in Mars........well - OK -- I'd have to bring him back to Grosse Pointe Farms each spring -- but he'd 'winter' in Mars in a heated garage.....
All BS aside Scott. You've been awesome about all of the good, and the overblown bad. And very patient and honest. Thank you. Really. I LOVE this car.

PS, I got 4.86 0-60 and 13.08 quarter yesterday in this cool weather.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #172
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Good luck Thor! Hope you get him back Scott.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #173
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
.....now all I have to do is sell my Brickyard Convert....................hmmmmmmmm........that's not gonna be easy.............
You could probably just stick an ad on this site and find a buyer.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #174
shank0668

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You could probably just stick an ad on this site and find a buyer.
I'd Give the ad 10 mins at around 7 o:clock
Old 10-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #175
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
.............but Damn - I sure miss my buddy.

:(
Old 10-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #176
RyanotheDyno

Drives: 2001 camaro convertible
VERY moving
RyanotheDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #177
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
I'd Give the ad 10 mins at around 7 o:clock
Hell, if I had enough money I'd buy it on the spot. You know it'll be in good shape.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #178
lyndalu

Drives: 87IROC, 92Z, 97SS, 2002SS, 2010SSRS
Scott, my heart hurts for you... You know they are never "Just a car!". everytime I drive my car I will think of you, how much of this car is you. I just hope that your new test vehicle maybe something like the Conv. or maybe even the Z! you never know. But I know you will miss Thor more than any other car and I bet Thor will miss you just as much! My thoughts are with the both of you! You will just have to kidnap moms car when you need that fix!
lyndalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #179
shank0668

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hell, if I had enough money I'd buy it on the spot. You know it'll be in good shape.
And it will go up in value...........
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #180
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Scott,
Just make sure your cousin gets to that auction with with a check book ready,cause we all know how you feel!!!!!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #181
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You know I just had an idea. We have something like 15,000 members of Camaro5 don't we? How about all of us paypal $3 to Scott so he can buy Thor! If we all do it that's $45,000 and should cover everything! To us it's what, a cup of coffee? But to him; it's our way of saying "thank you" for changing our lives for the better.

What say you fellow Camaro5 owners?
Well Zabo made the generous offer to collect money to enable Scott to buy Thor several months ago.

Search and you will find Fbodfathers response. Knowing him, I don't think that has changed.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #182
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well Zabo made the generous offer to collect money to enable Scott to buy Thor several months ago.

Search and you will find Fbodfathers response. Knowing him, I don't think that has changed.
he responded to that a few posts ago
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote