#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
ruthe006

Drives: 2017 NGM ZL1 (on order)
zl1 ventilated seats issue

Hi everyone,

Looking for some insight here. Had my zl1 since april, have about 2k miles on it. Loving it so far, and loved the cooled seats as I live in SD.

When I first started using the cooling feature I remember it feeling like my back was wet almost it was blowing cold and strong. Now it sounds like the fan is buzzing and only occurs when driver side seat cooling is on. The issue seams independent of AC usage for the rest of the car.

The buzzing sound comes from front and left (to the left of the steering wheel in the dash somewhere). I'm thinking there is an issue with the driver side fan. It only seems to buzz at 2/3 and 3/3 strength and does not have the issue on the passenger side. However, both the left and right seats do have some cool air passing thru them, just not as strong as I remember. Was thinking of taking it in.

This forum has been very helpful in the past for me, and was hoping I could get any advice or insight from you guys. Thanks for reading.
ruthe006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
These seats are really tough to gauge. Seems to make a difference in the feel factor if you're already pretty warm from driving around. Other times you don't notice it much. I don't really think I have a problem but I've heard your concerns before. (except the buzz part) Possibly a fan is going out.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I remember my first drive home in the car from the dealer I thought to myself "wow these work really well!" But I think I've just become accustomed to it already since they're always on.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthe006 View Post
Hi everyone,

Looking for some insight here. Had my zl1 since april, have about 2k miles on it. Loving it so far, and loved the cooled seats as I live in SD.

When I first started using the cooling feature I remember it feeling like my back was wet almost it was blowing cold and strong. Now it sounds like the fan is buzzing and only occurs when driver side seat cooling is on. The issue seams independent of AC usage for the rest of the car.

The buzzing sound comes from front and left (to the left of the steering wheel in the dash somewhere). I'm thinking there is an issue with the driver side fan. It only seems to buzz at 2/3 and 3/3 strength and does not have the issue on the passenger side. However, both the left and right seats do have some cool air passing thru them, just not as strong as I remember. Was thinking of taking it in.

This forum has been very helpful in the past for me, and was hoping I could get any advice or insight from you guys. Thanks for reading.
Fyi, Humid days will cause a diminished efficiency and heat transfer in any cooling system.

Production of moisture is a natural by-product of the cooling system.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, fans, recaro, seats, zl1