Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-10-2016, 05:33 AM   #43
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal_zack View Post
Great write up sludge great video just ordered the parts you suggested thank you.
Lol @ "sludge"
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #44
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
I got the philips canceller and it looked much easier then modifying the adapter with a dremel. It just tapped the wires really easily. Here's the links to the canceller and lights I used. Super simple install.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00
I have this cancellor too but I'm unsure how to install.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

Old 03-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #45
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePhenom View Post
I have this cancellor too but I'm unsure how to install.
It is real easy...I have it, one of the red plastic snap connectors clips on one of the wires in the harness xoming out of the light socket, the other clips to the other side. It basically pinches the wires, just punctures the wire insulation to match contact with the actual wire. There is a simple wiring diagram on the back of the package.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:36 PM   #46
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
It is real easy...I have it, one of the red plastic snap connectors clips on one of the wires in the harness xoming out of the light socket, the other clips to the other side. It basically pinches the wires, just punctures the wire insulation to match contact with the actual wire. There is a simple wiring diagram on the back of the package.
Does it matter which wire each connector pinches?

Coming
Soon:

Old 03-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #47
SSport16

Quote:
Does it matter which wire each connector pinches?
No it doesn't...there is no positive and negative connections from the canceller/resistor.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #48
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
No it doesn't...there is no positive and negative connections from the canceller/resistor.
Thanks man

Coming
Soon:

Old 03-12-2016, 06:02 AM   #49
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Quote:
Do I just use one canceller/resistor on EITHER side or one on EACH side?

Coming
Soon:

Old 03-12-2016, 08:26 AM   #50
SSport16

Quote:
Do I just use one canceller/resistor on EITHER side or one on EACH side?
I just used 1 on the drivers side, but only 1 is needed on either side. That is enough load for the both of them.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #51
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
installing my LED reverse lights today!
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #52
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Hey guys, the bulbs are out of stock on Amazon.. No idea when they are coming back. Any good sites to get them from (Backup bulbs).

Also, what tools will I need to remove the casings!
THANKS!!!

(I might ask the guys at Chevy to do this for me since I have to bring the car in)
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #53
HarmSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
I didn't remove the taillights to do this. Just popped off the panel above so that's works too
How did you pop the bulb out? I can't even fit my hand in that spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
HarmSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #54
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
What we did is make it plug and play, and that is what cost so much, we use OEM connectors that go inline with the tail lights then give you room to mount your ressister with a second connector.

Have not set a price, it will be up next week going to install the tail lights in 30 min.
I installed this kit on my car tonight. Installed the driver side resistor first and when I plugged in the passenger side bulb there was a glow so I installed a resistor on the passenger side as well. The driver side doesn't get warm at all, but the passenger side is super hot. Is this normal?
Garrett52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #55
thebatmobile

I used the Phillips resistor and it worked flawlessly. Didn't have to dremel anything. Undid have a question though. Was anyone able to remove the fasteners holding the trunk lining in place without damaging them? I pretty much just prayed the inner liner over the fasteners.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #56
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatmobile View Post
I used the Phillips resistor and it worked flawlessly. Didn't have to dremel anything. Undid have a question though. Was anyone able to remove the fasteners holding the trunk lining in place without damaging them? I pretty much just prayed the inner liner over the fasteners.
Yeah,they are not to hard to take off.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote