Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 07-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #29
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I attended both the 'fests in Indy and there were installs taking place there so lets hope this one is the same. I wish someone would be there installing vinyl graphics, I need some stripes on the '13 BRM!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Parking lot installs are always fun.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #31
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Would love to have color shift Halos installed at the Fest but don't think I will find a vendor who will do it there.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #32
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Been there done that!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #33
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yes they are, and at night its more fun.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #34
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Yes they are, and at night its more fun.

Let's do a my link and frameless mirror

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #35
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Funny you said that.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Drunken installs. hahaha
Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #37
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Funny you said that.

Why's that?

Ryan
Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy

I may be there to have fun on the track,but I may be there for mor too.😁
Old 07-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #39
Ryanbabz71

Seriously if you are doing a my link install please drop me a pm I would like to see what's involved. Thanks

Ryan
Old 07-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #40
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
I totally get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I am not decided yet if we are coming. Here is a post I made after the 3rd fest in a thread where someone was complaining about the show-
I too am a business owner and although a totally different field of business we attend conferences. The concept is the same as camarofest. Vendors having booths with their products present. I can honestly say that out of 20 conferences my company actually made a profit on 1 out of the 20. We would drop several hundred dollars on marketing items, take hours to prep and load up. Typically If I went I would take 2 employees with me leaving employees behind to keep things going. So I incur the cost of 3 rooms, all meals for 3, registration fees which varied from $600 - $1500 just for a booth. Then there are door prizes that vendors supply. If we wanted to go a step forward and sponsor a event (after hours open bar, golf tournament or gala of some sort). Then all this adds on to the total tab.

Then you have fuel costs and at conferences everyone wants a deal. It's tough to offer a ton of deals when you are already in the hole just by being there. We would move a lot of small items I guess you could call them impulse buys. A ton of these small items would have to be sold to even come close to making money. I always said and still do say that my company never attends a conference to make money. The gain for me is the contacts which in my case is government organizations in which we would hope to get the business on down the road. This was not always the case yet we would pick up a few solid departments.

I can see what you mean and although you want to attend them all. It's just not always possible to do so because of the overall costs. Small businesses can only handle so many losses. The PR is great and you know when it's all over and packing up if it will truly benefit you later on in hopes that your phone will ring from those you met at the show.

I have never been to camarofest but I am strongly considering it this year.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:20 PM   #41
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
One thing that is different, is when you at a conference, you are there to talk to other people in the industry. The people at the conference are there to seek out new business relationships.

With a show like this, your PR only goes as far as who stops at the booth. A lot of people walk through the vendor ally to see the wild builds vendors bring, but many don't want to really talk. Because there is a show, Autocross, and drag racing..I would say maybe 20% of the 1000 cars that show up have owners that will actually engage.

For the manufacturers..what you say is true. It is all about putting the product out here. However for us, is a manufacturer is at the show, we may as well leave their stuff at home because no one will buy it from us.

Again..I love the fest..as a Camaro owner it is a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke View Post
I too am a business owner and although a totally different field of business we attend conferences. The concept is the same as camarofest. Vendors having booths with their products present. I can honestly say that out of 20 conferences my company actually made a profit on 1 out of the 20. We would drop several hundred dollars on marketing items, take hours to prep and load up. Typically If I went I would take 2 employees with me leaving employees behind to keep things going. So I incur the cost of 3 rooms, all meals for 3, registration fees which varied from $600 - $1500 just for a booth. Then there are door prizes that vendors supply. If we wanted to go a step forward and sponsor a event (after hours open bar, golf tournament or gala of some sort). Then all this adds on to the total tab.

Then you have fuel costs and at conferences everyone wants a deal. It's tough to offer a ton of deals when you are already in the hole just by being there. We would move a lot of small items I guess you could call them impulse buys. A ton of these small items would have to be sold to even come close to making money. I always said and still do say that my company never attends a conference to make money. The gain for me is the contacts which in my case is government organizations in which we would hope to get the business on down the road. This was not always the case yet we would pick up a few solid departments.

I can see what you mean and although you want to attend them all. It's just not always possible to do so because of the overall costs. Small businesses can only handle so many losses. The PR is great and you know when it's all over and packing up if it will truly benefit you later on in hopes that your phone will ring from those you met at the show.

I have never been to camarofest but I am strongly considering it this year.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #42
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
We will be doing installs at the fest. We have everything from differentials, axles, driveshafts to cold air kits, ZL1 pulley's, catch cans and a lot lot more.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote