The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
aurora

Drives: 2015 Black ZL1; 2012 Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

Also, keep proliferating the engineering stereotypes.
Okay, okay, fair enough, and in all seriousness…

I do not actually dislike engineers, and I think it’s a wonderful profession. My jabs are only meant to be playful and somewhat affectionate. Next time I will include a Standard Operating Procedure for how to handle such jokes with instructions for when to laugh….

Aww shucks…..there I go again!
aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Locomotive engineer, went to choo choo U lol!!!
Yes, half of them thought they were going to drive trains...
Old 09-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After an hour or two you realize the pig likes it.

This, sir, is part funny and part hauntingly true.

Technical types can be like pitbulls when it comes to intellectual debate. Sadly, I recognize that tendency in myself too....or at least that's how I started out....Then they tell you that you have to start acknowledging the "human factor"....and its like, WTF?? The human what??
Old 09-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #18
aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Try working for a company specializing in custom technical equipment. All the sales and upper management are engineers and quite charming. I left design for applications engineering 20 years ago because interfacing with customers and vendors is where the $$$$ are. I never was the pocket protector type so it was an easy transition.
Yes, these are the types that are very intriguing to me…salesmen...although I never imagined this type to have engineering degrees. Most of the gentlemen that I know in this sector tend to have different backgrounds. Is that what you are saying you do?

They are the “people oriented”, extroverted type individuals….they can read people, they are the “servers”, the “pleasers”. Very charming! ENFJ’s, ENFP’s come to mind, if you are familiar with Jung typology.

However, I have spent most of my career mud wrestling with pigs (LOL, see post above) and while I have enjoyed it thoroughly….it would be nice to interact with salesmen more. Like a 180 switch. Fascinating.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #19
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora View Post
Yes, these are the types that are very intriguing to me…salesmen...although I never imagined this type to have engineering degrees. Most of the gentlemen that I know in this sector tend to have different backgrounds. Is that what you are saying you do?

They are the “people oriented”, extroverted type individuals….they can read people, they are the “servers”, the “pleasers”. Very charming! ENFJ’s, ENFP’s come to mind, if you are familiar with Jung typology.

However, I have spent most of my career mud wrestling with pigs (LOL, see post above) and while I have enjoyed it thoroughly….it would be nice to interact with salesmen more. Like a 180 switch. Fascinating.
Companies with technically oriented products have sales and applications engineers that are technical and people oriented. Not all engineers are nerds.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #20
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
Honestly, I love being a nerd, I love knowing how things work and being able to explain things to people and have them look at me like i'm an alien lol
Old 09-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #21
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'm a civil engineering graduate working in the electric transmission and distribution design industry. Try that one on for size

I work with several different personality types, all of whom are engineers.

My only wish is that there were more attractive females in the field. Seriously. Not joking.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #22
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by slakjak1215 View Post
Honestly, I love being a dick, I love knowing how things work and being able to explain things to people and have them look at me like i'm an alien lol
Fixed.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote