The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
I would be much more understanding if we were going to a titty bar or if I hung out with manly men... But we're all a little metro LMFAO.

I am going to do some soul searching before I decide for sure.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #30
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
[QUOTE=jewel25;6956456][QUOTE=RolltideSS;6956431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
It might seem stupid to you but it means the world to her, we women can't explain our emotions or why we want something a certain way, so sometimes the man needs to just go with the flow.

Well since I moved in with PMC and away form my friends and family. PMC is my best friend. Not a simple mistake.

I am not an expert just saying how I would treat the situation. I have more guy friends than girl friends but if it would make PMC uncomfortable then I wouldn't invite them to my party.
Whoa - just deleted the word sometimes and adjusted the wording so the sentence flowed right, not arguing with the best friend concept bc my wife is far and away my best friend
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #31
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=RolltideSS;6957140][QUOTE=jewel25;6956456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post

Whoa - just deleted the word sometimes and adjusted the wording so the sentence flowed right, not arguing with the best friend concept bc my wife is far and away my best friend
Respect
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
Would love to, but she already has a bachelorette party going. Still doesn't solve me wanting my buddy at my party.
I understand but it could be a good bonding experience for your future wife and best friend which in turn could open the door to more opputunities in the future
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #33
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
Thanks guys. This is giving me some food for though, I suppose. It's just that it hurts me to know my best friend can't be there. It all seems kind of needless, especially since it's in a public place with all of my friends...

It just makes me angry, because it makes me feel like there is some underlying trust issue when I've given her no reason for that. Besides, she says if it was a birthday party or any other event she'd be fine with it... but it's the fact that it's a BACHELOR party. Ugh, this sucks.

Are you sure you want to marry? Sounds like your marring to wrong woman.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #34
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Are you sure you want to marry? Sounds like your marring to wrong woman.....
No qualms, no doubts. Just want the trust I deserve.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #35
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I want to speak my mind, but frankly it would sound like I'm joking, trolling, or trying to be other than helpful(which is totally not the case), so I'll lead out with something else.

My brother and his wife, who happen to really be like best friends that got married, did a joint bachelor/bachelorette party with all of their friends, the best man(me), the maid of honor(bride's sister) and the minister(not joking). So we went to New Orleans for the wedding, and did the party on Bourbon street the night before including a strip club. Where as lap dances were paid for, it was all out in the open, no one in a back room and all that, so it was on the up and up. That's one solution, I'm guessing it won't work for you.

Yes the guys that say a happy wife leads to a happy life are correct. I'm a little serious when I say drop what you are doing and go watch Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac. Listen to Bernie's speech to Ashton about "Do you lover her?" If the answer is yes, then she's always right.

Your fiancee is about to become your family and needs to come before all others, and the same goes for the other way around, you should come before all others for her. That is the plain and simple truth. If anyone ever reads this and thinks that isn't true about the one they are about to marry, stop right now, don't get married.

Side note to that one is that women don't tend to like each other, even sisters and what not. They are jealous and competitive. So basically as time goes on your wife will not care for you having a female best friend anymore, sorry to tell you.

All that being stated. The not being in one of your best friend's wedding because your "to be" didn't want to see you in a tux sounds controlling and selfish. I think honestly there are more issues at stake. Basically, the two of you need to communicate your feelings better, and do it now, don't wait. After the wedding you'll be in the honeymoon both figuratively and literally, so it'll probably be sweet and nice and you both will ignore things, like maybe you leave your underwear sitting out or something. And don't take that as a literal example, just insert whatever there. The point is really that if you haven't gone through premarital counseling with some kind of professional or religious leader then I highly recommend that you do so to help you work out things like the question you have really asked.

I'm honestly leaving what I really think off, starting right here. But best of luck to you, don't let things build up inside, always communicate them with your fiancee.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #36
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I want to speak my mind, but frankly it would sound like I'm joking, trolling, or trying to be other than helpful(which is totally not the case), so I'll lead out with something else.

My brother and his wife, who happen to really be like best friends that got married, did a joint bachelor/bachelorette party with all of their friends, the best man(me), the maid of honor(bride's sister) and the minister(not joking). So we went to New Orleans for the wedding, and did the party on Bourbon street the night before including a strip club. Where as lap dances were paid for, it was all out in the open, no one in a back room and all that, so it was on the up and up. That's one solution, I'm guessing it won't work for you.

Yes the guys that say a happy wife leads to a happy life are correct. I'm a little serious when I say drop what you are doing and go watch Guess Who with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac. Listen to Bernie's speech to Ashton about "Do you lover her?" If the answer is yes, then she's always right.

Your fiancee is about to become your family and needs to come before all others, and the same goes for the other way around, you should come before all others for her. That is the plain and simple truth. If anyone ever reads this and thinks that isn't true about the one they are about to marry, stop right now, don't get married.

Side note to that one is that women don't tend to like each other, even sisters and what not. They are jealous and competitive. So basically as time goes on your wife will not care for you having a female best friend anymore, sorry to tell you.

All that being stated. The not being in one of your best friend's wedding because your "to be" didn't want to see you in a tux sounds controlling and selfish. I think honestly there are more issues at stake. Basically, the two of you need to communicate your feelings better, and do it now, don't wait. After the wedding you'll be in the honeymoon both figuratively and literally, so it'll probably be sweet and nice and you both will ignore things, like maybe you leave your underwear sitting out or something. And don't take that as a literal example, just insert whatever there. The point is really that if you haven't gone through premarital counseling with some kind of professional or religious leader then I highly recommend that you do so to help you work out things like the question you have really asked.

I'm honestly leaving what I really think off, starting right here. But best of luck to you, don't let things build up inside, always communicate them with your fiancee.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #37
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
Just buy her a bigger ring man. That is what I did, lol.

Im kinda stuck on this one...I mean, is this the beginning of the end. First is she doesnt want your BF at your bachelor party and then what is it next? You have to ask yourself this question. In mi casa wifey is the boss 90% of the time and I dont ask for much but when I do she realizes how important is to me. Good luck with what appears to be a tough decision.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #38
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
If she is part of the grooms party, she deserves to attend the bachelor party. Times have changed.

No they have not, or at least we should not be letting them be. A bachelor party, even sans-strippers, is guy time, period.

As others have said, his WIFE *should* be his best friend, if not he should NOT be marrying her!
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #39
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
BTW OP, not to be an ass, but what guy has a girl as his BFF? ESPECIALLY one that he has not banged/tried to bang?

You can say she is like your sister, but she is not, even if how many guys would say their sister is their best friend?

It IS a bit strange and I would wonder myself if you were my friend....
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #40
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
AS I'm reading everyone's responses I chuckle a little cause it seems noone, or very few has been in this situation before. With that said I can tell you I have and still am. My best friend is female and We have been friends more then the 13 years my wife and I have been together. We go out and do many things together with or without the wife. Wifey knew about my female best friend before we got married and was given a choice to either accept it or not. I wasnt changing myself or my friendships with people just to please or appease her and wouldnt ask her to do the same. My point is when two people get married you both accept eachother for who they are, not for who they will or will not become. If youre soon to be wifey cant accept everything about you and who you truly are and what you truly think and want then trust that she IS NOT the one for you. Believe me when I say those that truly accept who you are will always be the ones who stick around no matter what.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #41
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
AS I'm reading everyone's responses I chuckle a little cause it seems noone, or very few has been in this situation before. With that said I can tell you I have and still am. My best friend is female and We have been friends more then the 13 years my wife and I have been together. We go out and do many things together with or without the wife. Wifey knew about my female best friend before we got married and was given a choice to either accept it or not. I wasnt changing myself or my friendships with people just to please or appease her and wouldnt ask her to do the same. My point is when two people get married you both accept eachother for who they are, not for who they will or will not become. If youre soon to be wifey cant accept everything about you and who you truly are and what you truly think and want then trust that she IS NOT the one for you. Believe me when I say those that truly accept who you are will always be the ones who stick around no matter what.
No offense DP. You make a great friend but I would go insane if I was married to you.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
it shouldn't become that serious. it's about a bachelor party. the OP already stated that his fiancé is fine with his best friend. they all hang out together, and what not. it's about a bachelor party, that is meant for all men.