The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I wouldn't let anyone off. Poor driving annoys me more than anything else in the world. Insulting my mom probably wouldn't tick me off as much. You screw up and I'll take every action I'm legally entitled to. Maybe that would teach people to either learn to drive or take public transportation. Driving isn't a right. It is a privilege and one that should be reserved only for the most capable, most responsible people. I have 7 admittedly short years of driving experience, but I have never hit anyone or anything (besides curb rash on the wheels) thanks largely to leaving appropriate following distances, not EVER holding a phone, not EVER texting, using speaker phone/bluetooth/headset ONLY when I'm stopped at a light or in completely stopped traffic, checking my mirrors, etc. I have received only one ticket, for going 70 in a 65 zone. I'm fully controlling a two ton missile among other people doing the same. Anything other than my complete attention and highest standard of care is criminal negligence.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
And another thing - yesterday I was driving along the freeway and came up on a right-hand curve. I was in the number 3 lane, just behind a Scion tC in the number 2 lane. Going into the turn, the tC starts swerving all over the freeway. I had to brake to avoid her swerving into me. Later, I passed her (quickly to avoid further contact chances) and as I did noticed the driver was holding a phone with both hands, texting, steering with her knees. "Drivers" like that deserve capital punishment.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote