The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I was talking about better games on the Xbox. And I was half joking.
Okay good
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #44
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yeah, if you like playing on inferior systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Uhhh look at the stats. Xbox One is the inferior one...
I will wait to play both in person before I judge them.... They both have their perks.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #45
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Hmmmm didn't realize we had some fan boys in here.......

Microsoft stance is rubbing a lot of gamers the wrong way. Remember they work for the gamers not the other way around. Yes the world is changing and I understand the whole wanting the system to be connected always but a lot people don't play that way.

Microsoft forgets the whole reason they won the current gen console wars is because they had a year head start and ps3 was ridiculously priced at launch which rubbed gamers the wrong way. Sony tried marketing ps3 as a machine that's a multimedia hub for your home, and people didn't respond well to that. Now Microsoft is like "look at the Xbox one. It's a machine that hooks up to your tv and cable box and let's you watch tv content that you already receive through your xbox on your tv". Really that makes sense and is a game changer? You know what I do when I am done playing and want to watch tv? Change the input and watch tv! I pay directv for that.

Plus It's funny how fan boys are like oh Xbox is better because of the exclusives. Last time I checked the so called "exclusives" are new IP's that no one has really played. The majority of games are multi platform. Plus how many first person shooters can one person play? It seems that's all the developers are making.
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #46
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Hmmmm didn't realize we had some fan boys in here.......

Microsoft stance is rubbing a lot of gamers the wrong way. Remember they work for the gamers not the other way around. Yes the world is changing and I understand the whole wanting the system to be connected always but a lot people don't play that way.

Microsoft forgets the whole reason they won the current gen console wars is because they had a year head start and ps3 was ridiculously priced at launch which rubbed gamers the wrong way. Sony tried marketing ps3 as a machine that's a multimedia hub for your home, and people didn't respond well to that. Now Microsoft is like "look at the Xbox one. It's a machine that hooks up to your tv and cable box and let's you watch tv content that you already receive through your xbox on your tv". Really that makes sense and is a game changer? You know what I do when I am done playing and want to watch tv? Change the input and watch tv! I pay directv for that.

Plus It's funny how fan boys are like oh Xbox is better because of the exclusives. Last time I checked the so called "exclusives" are new IP's that no one has really played. The majority of games are multi platform. Plus how many first person shooters can one person play? It seems that's all the developers are making.
I've had a ton of fun on Xbox 360 and the LIVE service is much better than the psn. That's my main reason for sticking with Xbox. Exclusives are pointless on all the systems. None of them have any that really stand out.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #47
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Sorry had to

Old 06-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #48
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I don't get it
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #49
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Lol what do you mean you dont get it.. that is the PS4 kicking the living crap out of the Xbox..
After all of what Sony said at E3 they basically sent torpedoes right into the Xbox camp.
Attached Images

530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #50
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Lol what do you mean you dont get it.. that is the PS4 kicking the living crap out of the Xbox..
After all of what Sony said at E3 they basically sent torpedoes right into the Xbox camp.
How about we compare how the system plays, how the games look and how the online experience is.

All these "it plays used games so its teh winzors" is just stupid.

That chart isnt even correct. SONY has no restrictions on games. That does NOT mean developers wont add it in on their own.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #51
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
How about we compare how the system plays, how the games look and how the online experience is.

That chart isnt even correct. SONY has no restrictions on games. That does NOT mean developers wont add it in on their own.
Wise man you are.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #52
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post

being that they have nearly identical hardware they will play and look the same the same. The main difference is the ram used between the machines.

With the PS4 getting a much more aggressive GDDR5 vs DDR3
Sony scores with 8GB GDDR5 RAM

One of the most impressive things about the PS4 specs has been its use of 8GB GDDR5 RAM.
Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One to have 8GB RAM as well, but it's DDR3 memory variety.
That may mean more to game developers in the long run as opposed to gamers themselves right now, but it's still an interesting choice for the Xbox One.

and if you had been watching the E3 coverage you would see that without the hardware support they cant..
and even EA the greediest of all the game companies flat threw MS under the Bus and said No Sir we are with Sony on this one no restrictions.

And being that again the PS4 doesn't have the hardware layer needed for the DRM it wont be there period.

Dont debate someone that lives electronics and watches every single minute of Coverage.

the chart is on the money as is the requirements.

Time for you to go back and read some more E3 reports from BOTH sides as well as the reporters covering it like Kotaku and Gizmodo it is very clearly written out.

BTW As said Im a huge MS fan.. have not wanted not owned a Sony product since the PS1 but I wont be putting up with MS's BS on this.
They have the superior game line up by FAR.. and unless they lighten the hell up this is the first time I will not be getting one.
just for reference on 360 launch I camped for 23 hours to have a launch day console in the cold and rain. I take my gaming seriously.

And if all you see out of ALL of that is the used games issue then you are seriously in denial.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #53
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
being that they have nearly identical hardware they will play and look the same the same. The main difference is the ram used between the machines.

One of the most impressive things about the PS4 specs has been its use of 8GB GDDR5 RAM.
Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One to have 8GB RAM as well, but it's DDR3 memory variety.
That may mean more to game developers in the long run as opposed to gamers themselves right now, but it's still an interesting choice for the Xbox One.

and if you had been watching the E3 coverage you would see that without the hardware support they cant..
and even EA the greediest of all the game companies flat threw MS under the Bus and said No Sir we are with Sony on this one no restrictions.

And being that again the PS4 doesn't have the hardware layer needed for the DRM it wont be there period.

Dont debate someone that lives electronics and watches every single minute of Coverage.

Time for you to go back and read some more E3 reports from BOTH sides as well as the reporters covering it like Kotaku and Gizmodo it is very clearly written out.

BTW As said Im a huge MS fan.. have not wanted not owned a Sony product since the PS1 but I wont be putting up with MS's BS on this.
They have the superior game line up by FAR.. and unless they lighten the hell up this is the first time I will not be getting one.
just for reference on 360 launch I camped for 23 hours to have a launch day console in the cold and rain. I take my gaming seriously.

And if all you see out of ALL of that is the used games issue then you are seriously in denial.
My point is that most of uninformed people's focus is on used games right now. It's not the only blunder at all and I get that. I'm not in denial about anything. If PS4 is better so be it.

I'm more concerned with how the controller feels, how is the interface, how is communication and interaction with my friends? How well does the system handle updates? Etc Etc.

Things we won't know until we can get hands on. That's my point.

I have owned both Xbox and Xbox 360 as well as ps1 ps2 and ps3. Im not one sided except the fact that I thought ps3 was terrible.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #54
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:

While that is all true even though microsoft is using DDR3 Ram people fail to realize that they are also using a type of SRAM called ESRAM on the XboxOne which is WAY more powerful than DRAM which is used by the PS4. Even though xbox is using DDR3, the use of SRAM actually increases the ram speed to on par with PS4s.

There have been rumors though that Microsoft was having problems with the ESRAM and may have to downclock the GPU as a result. Fortunately that rumor was actually declared false recently by a xbox spokesperson. Major nelson
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote