The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Grumpy!

If I'm looking for info on the engine why would I look under the general section? I normally read everything that shows up under New Posts, that way you get a little of everything.
If you'er looking for info, ask a question, you will probably get the info quickly.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
People wonder why we have sub-forums?

Quote:
Threads: 159,385, Posts: 3,943,307, Members: 54,006
Quote:
Currently Active Users: 1404 (465 members and 939 guests)
If there weren't sub-forums to group related posts together, this thread would already be on 2nd page of the General Forum by now.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #17
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Have you ever heard, "Don't follow me,I'm lost too!"? Thats how I feel a lot of the time!!!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Old 12-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Can there be too many sub-forums?

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 12-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
People wonder why we have sub-forums?

If there weren't sub-forums to group related posts together, this thread would already be on 2nd page of the General Forum by now.
So what. Read it if you like, comment if you like, I'm no computer or internet guru, but is there a limit to the general discussion word count?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyosto View Post
Just a little perturbed. The moderators seem to move a lot of threads to sub threads categories which get nowhere near the views as the general discussion threads. There seem to be so many sub thread cats that if you mention "tire", it goes there; "suspension", it goes there. No one goes on those threads and you get no replies or info back. Am I grumpy or do I not belong on a the Forum? Maybe I require a good valid reason for this thread movement.
I think you are grumpy. I understand where your coming from. Wanting maximum exposure, replies, and ect... However, putting the thread in the correct sub-forum is not just for your benefit to get answers from professionals or people with first hand experience. It is put there to make new users that may have the same questions more inclined to finding it. After all not many new users know there is a "Search" button. So typically if they have any online forum experience they will scan the options for sub-forums and go to the one related to their questions, concerns, or what products they need.

Also, i'm not a vendor so i can't say this indefinitely, but aren't certain vendors like AAC and Hennessey going to be checking the forums that pertain to their products the most? Therefore, you may get an answers from one of them if you have a question about Halos and post it in the Cosmetic forum or Superchargers, when posted in that sub-forum.

Good point nonetheless.

Also look at how many "Constructive" replies you've had by posting this in General Forums.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #21
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OK lighten up on the guy.

He's got a valid question.

Yes, I will move this thread but I'll give you the best answer I can before I do.

This forum, IMVHO, is as much a community as it is a "forum"

Hence it's a little trickier to manage.

There's a TON of socializing that happens even in the most technical threads/builds.

So it makes it hard to decide what goes where sometimes.

Also, Forum not only serve as the Home of it's members but it's also a source of information to members and guests/lurkers/webcrawlers

As such in order to make this site an easy to use source of information, we've been moving threads that have specific information to the appropriate sub forum to make it easier to find what you may be looking for.

Not only do we have to balance the need to ask for an answer we need to help people find the answer without having to ask for it.

Some say it's lazy to ask before you search.

Some say it's too hard to find the answer so they ask...

I't a chicken before egg deal from our perspective. we can't please everyone and we have a TON of new threads every day.

All we ask from you is a little patience with our judgement calls. Maybe we need to look at the sub forums and combine/reduce them.

Just please bear with us as we try to organize the site to serve everyone's purpose for being here.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #22
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
LOL. Yeah there's actually a feedback and question section. It's the very last one.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Also we don't really have a bump limit.. so keep bumping your thread if you need to draw attention to it.

And again... not to be antagonistic but if you had checked the feedback forum you'd see there is at least one other thread on this very topic.

FWIW.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #24
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Thanks for the feedback but this is one policy that will not be changing.

Please read THIS for an explanation as to why threads must be posted (or will be moved) to the appropriate subforum.

There are 159,209 threads with 3,943,304 posts on this site. Imagine one single general forum with all of that and uncategorized. A new thread would scroll off the first page within minutes (if not seconds) and it'd be extremely difficult to properly search or browse for specific technical topics.

So please do post to the correct subforums. I do not want to implement an infraction system for users who purposely post new threads to the general forum when it clearly should have been made in a specific subforum instead, but if the dumping of threads into the general forum doesn't abate, I may not have a choice.

If you don't like having to dive into subforums to read new threads, then please make frequent use of the NEW POSTS function at the top of the site.

Closed Thread