Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
FlowMaster AMT buy and install shop recommendations?!?!?

OK guys and gals! I just installed my CAI cold air intake and now I want to get the FlowMaster AMT Cat back system. I listen to the videos and the low note REALLY gave me a woody.
Where is the best place in So Cal to buy and have installed?? I live in Fontana.
Anyone have a favorite place they trust???

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
I am leaning toward the flowmaster also and hope to do it soon as well. I will be shopping around as well.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
ZX1truth

I'm going to probably install them myself. After watching the youtube vids it is pretty simple and straight forward. You just need a lift and a couple pair of hands. I have access to a lift.
The lowest price on the stainless steel setup...Part # 817487 (made for ground effects model) is about $675.00. Anyone know of someone doing better. Maybe we could setup a groupbuy if enough peeps were interested???????

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Edlocs
IECC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
Have you checked the shopping section of the forums. They have some great deals every once in a while. I installed my borla Sport cat back exhaust with my bro, we didnt have access to a lift BUT it was still fun to install

Good luck on the buy and install
Mods: CAI Intake, Eibach Springs and Sway bars, Clear Bra, Borla Sport Catback, AAC Side Markers, DJG Phantom Hidden Headlight Grille, Suncoast Creation Functional Hood, Anvil Notched Spoiler, Custom Painted Stripes, Mail Slot Delete, 3D Carbon Fender Vets
Edlocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS manual
I put the Flowmaster on mine and I love it!! I get more turned heads than I care to admit... I installed it myself, it's a piece of cake! You just need one buddy to help you take out the original. Give it a shot bro!!
dfairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS manual
By the way... who did your wheels? I'm looking to get mine done.
dfairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairman View Post
I put the Flowmaster on mine and I love it!! I get more turned heads than I care to admit... I installed it myself, it's a piece of cake! You just need one buddy to help you take out the original. Give it a shot bro!!
easy to installed.Did it in a hour and a 12 pack of bud light!!! with a floor jack.....
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
If I can talk to one of my guys @ RAW Performance, we can use his lift and do the install like I did with my Flowmaster AMTs as well.

Love them and they sound better and better every minute..
Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
easy to installed.Did it in a hour and a 12 pack of bud light!!! with a floor jack.....
Now wonder it took an hour, you had one beer every 5 minutes.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
If I can talk to one of my guys @ RAW Performance, we can use his lift and do the install like I did with my Flowmaster AMTs as well.

Love them and they sound better and better every minute..
Where did you get yours? Intenet?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
ADKINS PERFORMANCE
Banned

Drives: boosting camaro
We can get you any exhaust you want and get you even better deal with install and we are located in riverside
ADKINS PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Where did you get yours? Intenet?
$617.50 on Amazon.com with free S&H.. This is for the full catback.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
BlackSunshine87
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Black/Black 2SS RS Camaro
Send a message via MSN to BlackSunshine87
Ordered online, comes in two big boxes. Installed it in under two hours, but in the military we have hobby shops on base with lifts and tools galore. So that made it very easy and convenient. Love the sound, gets even better over time. Putting headers on next!

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's ******."
BlackSunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairman View Post
By the way... who did your wheels? I'm looking to get mine done.
Had a local powdercoat shop do them. My buddy knows the owner so I got them done for FREE!
Let me tell you...they look great! I had a guy with a new black SS with chromed rims pull up to me and say "Who makes those rims?" I laughed my arse off! He didn't even know they were the same ones......only BLACK!