The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #2101
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Word on the street seems to be Fall 2024 for the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I did the same thing and bought an ICE Blazer instead.
I really like the updates on the Traverse and it's a bigger vehicle too.
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #2102
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Since there is so much discussion about BYD coming to US with a $10,000 EV and ripping the skin off of US automakers, I put together this chart that shows how BYD vehicles are priced in China versus how they are priced in Mexico.

I also added notes on which vehicles available in the US compare closest to the BYD models and what their starting prices are. I also noted the Charge Speed and the Battery Capacity for the BYD models. For the listed "closest vehicle) I also included pricing (under the name) and battery capacity (in parentheses behind the BYD models). Please note that the closest competitor to the BYD Shark PHEV pickup would be the Ford Maverick Hybrid, but it is not a PHEV and therefore should be expected to price out a lot lower.

I converted the selling prices in China and the selling prices in Mexico to US dollars.

Long story short...the BYD $10k EV is not $10k unless you live in China. Pretty sure the US price would be closer to the Mexico price.

I should also note that when looking at Charge Speed, all Tesla models are capable of charging at 250 kW at charging stations that are capable of 250 kW. Some Tesla Superchargers operate at 250 kW, others at 150 kW.
What about EU pricing?

With the tariffs EU puts on BYD, one would think EU pricing would be close to what one would pay in the US. Though they may be very similar to prices to Mexico.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #2103
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
What about EU pricing?

With the tariffs EU puts on BYD, one would think EU pricing would be close to what one would pay in the US. Though they may be very similar to prices to Mexico.
They were very similar to pricing in Mexico before the recent discussions on increasing the tariffs.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #2104
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

Long story short...the BYD $10k EV is not $10k unless you live in China. Pretty sure the US price would be closer to the Mexico price.
Are the Mexicans applying tariffs to pressure the Chinese to build factories and appease the US? Or are you saying the europe and Mexico price markups are pure profit for the Chinese?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #2105
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Are the Mexicans applying tariffs to pressure the Chinese to build factories and appease the US? Or are you saying the europe and Mexico price markups are pure profit for the Chinese?
No. Not yet. Mexico has tariffs on cars imported into the country EXCEPT for EVs. EVs come in with no tariff but there is discussion about adding a tariff.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote