Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #1
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Time to let her go...

After our road trip in May, I'll be putting my first 5th gen SS/RS up for sale. It's been a fantastic daily driver and a great car in which to teach my granddaughter how to drive.

I'll still have the 2015 vert for the occasional weekend run. I won't be getting rid of that.

The grandkid just got her license and will be getting to do a lot of the driving chores in it, on our multi-state road trip. She'll enjoy getting one good, long last blast in the car. She's been driving it since she was 13.

I'll hate to see it go, but I'm itching for something different for my daily now.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #2
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I’m glad you’re keeping your beautiful 15. And convertibles are better anyway.

How is she doing?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:03 PM   #3
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I’m glad you’re keeping your beautiful 15. And convertibles are better anyway.

How is she doing?
Thanks for asking. She's doing pretty good but laid another bike over just a few days ago to keep from hitting a friend who came to a quick stop in front of her. She was on a 450 she borrowed. Got a little road rash but otherwise OK. Good grief, I hope I survive her teen years...grandpa doesn't need this kind of stress...grin...
Old 12-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #4
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
I'm happy your keeping at least one of the Camaro Gen5s. Yup, I love the vert but ALL Camaro Gen 5s are . Glad your granddaughter is OK.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
I'm happy your keeping at least one of the Camaro Gen5s. Yup, I love the vert but ALL Camaro Gen 5s are . Glad your granddaughter is OK.
Thanks! And yeah, the 2015 is an extra-special car so that's going nowhere!
Old 01-02-2023, 03:55 PM   #6
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
She's been driving it since she was 13.

I personally would not put any teenager behind the wheel of an SS, much less a 13-year old. You must live in the sticks of Nevada, or is that actually the legal driving age?
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:58 PM   #7
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
I personally would not put any teenager behind the wheel of an SS, much less a 13-year old. You must live in the sticks of Nevada, or is that actually the legal driving age?
There are a couple of nice long stretches of pavement out in the desert on the way to Searchlight. I'm not talking about highway, these are service roads put in for the solar farms. You can see for miles and it's as safe a driving environment for youngsters as you will ever see.

But you and I differ on opinion. It's not the power of the car that matters so much as the respect the driver has for controlling a vehicle that weighs almost two tons. And that's not something I or her parents wanted her to discover on her own after she got her license and her own vehicle.

She's been driving my cars and trucks since she sat on my lap at age five. She's a better driver than half the adults I know. And for the past year of having her permit, she drives us everywhere when she comes to visit for the weekend.

She just got her license and we've been looking for a small, reasonably priced truck for her so she has a way of getting her dirt bike around better.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:09 PM   #8
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
I said the same thing and then I bought my daughter a convertible SS. She did wreck it, but that was because of her looking at her cell phone. She does not drive aggressively and I suspect my 10 year old won't either. I agree with Danial on the idea that it's better to teach them to respect a car with some power than let them try to figure it out once they are sideways in a bad spot. Now my wife, she rolled the side by side and it only does about 35. Sometimes I am really glad she does not like driving the Camaros.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 06:18 PM   #9
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
I said the same thing and then I bought my daughter a convertible SS. She did wreck it, but that was because of her looking at her cell phone. She does not drive aggressively and I suspect my 10 year old won't either. I agree with Danial on the idea that it's better to teach them to respect a car with some power than let them try to figure it out once they are sideways in a bad spot. Now my wife, she rolled the side by side and it only does about 35. Sometimes I am really glad she does not like driving the Camaros.
We all know that kids are going to do things we wouldn't like them to do once they're outside our sphere of influence, that's life, but I can say that good habits taught early on and consistently will stick. My granddaughter automatically adjusts the seat and mirrors and puts on her seatbelt before she puts the car in motion. And if her passenger (me) fails to put on the seatbelt she's all about giving me the reminder. I've tested her a couple times...love it.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:21 PM   #10
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
I’ve met the young lady in person. She’s a gear head 100%. Some people have to ability and skill at a young age to handle things out of their peers’ ability. I have no doubt she perfectly in her element behind the wheel. My older kids at 6 and 8 are already learning behind the wheel. My boy already has a V8 Camaro of his own. Driving in NC or anywhere on the east coast is so much different than out here in the west. I grew up in VA.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:08 PM   #11
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’ve met the young lady in person. She’s a gear head 100%. Some people have to ability and skill at a young age to handle things out of their peers’ ability. I have no doubt she perfectly in her element behind the wheel. My older kids at 6 and 8 are already learning behind the wheel. My boy already has a V8 Camaro of his own. Driving in NC or anywhere on the east coast is so much different than out here in the west. I grew up in VA.
Hell yeah! Thanks! I'll let her know you said that. She'll get a kick out of it. Grin...