Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
Bigblock57

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
6th Gen Sunroof Condensation

Hi, I recently purchased a 2019 SS and I am experiencing condensation on the inside of the sunroof. The condensation starts forming at night and by morning the inside of the sunroof and the front metal surround is full of condensation. The windshield and rear window will also develop some interior fogging. I think the fogging is due to the sunroof condensation. Has anyone experienced this condensation issue?
Bigblock57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #2
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
My 2021 RS sunroof does not do this, but I also keep it garaged, with only 7800 miles on it in 14 months.

Good luck! interested to hear in case it becomes an issue.

PS it's not an issue on my wife's 2018 Equinox that is outside year round.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Have you left anything damp in the car? Maybe a significant heat/cold differential between inside and outside when you park it?

Baking soda in an open jar will absorb moisture but that’s not a fix, just a way to stop damage. Maybe open the windows briefly before locking it for the night to let the inside temperature match the outside?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:43 PM   #4
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Sounds like moisture in the interior. Check for damp carpet. Make sure you don't have a water leak somewhere. Steal one of the wife's DampRid containers and leave it in there for a few days to see if that helps.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:26 PM   #5
Bigblock57

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Thanks for everyone's comments and help. It still has a couple months of the factory warranty and I had it at the dealership last week because I was getting a very small amount of water inside the bottom of the trunk. They replaced a faulty trunk seal and that has corrected the water in the trunk. I also told the dealer about the sunroof condensation and they did a water check but couldn't find a leak. I plan on taking it back to the dealer next week. Maybe an issue with the sunroof drains?

I haven't found any areas inside of the car that are wet. The condensation appears even when the car hasn't been driven for days.
Bigblock57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #6
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
I've never had that with my sunroof on the 2019.. Not one drop of condensation.. I'm wondering if the trunk seal might have been the moisture problem..
Old 12-15-2022, 06:42 AM   #7
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblock57 View Post
Thanks for everyone's comments and help. It still has a couple months of the factory warranty and I had it at the dealership last week because I was getting a very small amount of water inside the bottom of the trunk. They replaced a faulty trunk seal and that has corrected the water in the trunk. I also told the dealer about the sunroof condensation and they did a water check but couldn't find a leak. I plan on taking it back to the dealer next week. Maybe an issue with the sunroof drains?

I haven't found any areas inside of the car that are wet. The condensation appears even when the car hasn't been driven for days.
You've just stated what caused it. Trunk leak. It's not sealed from the interior. If you store it in a garage, open it up for the day/night and set up a fan to circulate the air through it.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:13 AM   #8
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
If you’re able to bring it inside a garage or maybe you have some nice weather I would really let it air out. Maybe even add some fans to get the air to circulate. I had an Infinity that had a leak, I had the exact same issue. It went away after I left my car in the garage which had AC plus added some fans and was able to fully dry the interior out after the leak was fixed.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:32 AM   #9
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblock57 View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a 2019 SS and I am experiencing condensation on the inside of the sunroof. The condensation starts forming at night and by morning the inside of the sunroof and the front metal surround is full of condensation. The windshield and rear window will also develop some interior fogging. I think the fogging is due to the sunroof condensation. Has anyone experienced this condensation issue?
One bad thing about sunroofs / moonroofs.

There are drainage rails at the front where it would normally open. Those rails run down the sides of the vehicle and down to the ground through the body frame.

That being said, these drainage rails can and do block up, When that happens water can sit and eventually even leak into the car.

Make absolutely sure these rails are cleaned of blockage.

And insurance companies like to say it was a pre-existing issue and will not cover the repair or damages.

Ask me how I know. (Fortunately did not happen on my Camaros)

Aside from that, bad seal may be the culprit as well.

This is also why I stopped buying cars with sunroofs/moonroofs.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | Roto-Fab CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LSA crankshaft conversion w/modified crank gear | LS1 thrust bearing | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | BTR Stage I Cam | ARP Rod Bolts | Delphi Lifter set | NGK LTR71X-11 spark plug set | DOD Delete | VVT Limiter | ECM, TCM & E85 | Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq | Best 1/4 Time: 11.639
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote