Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Tantaur

Drives: 2014 RS Camaro
Need to know more about performance parts for my 2014 V6 Camaro

Hey there. I just got a 2014 RS Camaro and I want to make more power and know a nice mean exhaust that sounds like the new 2016 SS. I would have got an SS but I'm going to be giving it to my son and if he's anything like me he probably shouldn't have a V8 hah. But while I have it I need to learn more about cars and all the bolt on I can put on, if I need to replace any internals to put a supercharger on it, what supercharger I should get. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
Tantaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
While there are some parts that are inter-changeable, your car has the LFX V6 and you should check with the experts at that forum for bolt-ons that are compatible with your engine.

But feel free to check back with us LLT guys (we've been at it a little longer) any time you like!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantaur View Post
Hey there. I just got a 2014 RS Camaro and I want to make more power and know a nice mean exhaust that sounds like the new 2016 SS. I would have got an SS but I'm going to be giving it to my son and if he's anything like me he probably shouldn't have a V8 hah. But while I have it I need to learn more about cars and all the bolt on I can put on, if I need to replace any internals to put a supercharger on it, what supercharger I should get. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
Tons of bolt ons a few you do not need and or can't use are the two of the top four for most LLT V6 cars get.

LT/Shorty Headers: your LFX has an integrated manifold while it flows better then a stock LLT manifold the aftermarket LLT manifolds flow just a little better.

Vmax Black Iceolator: Your LFX already has a composite gasket there negating the need for one of these the LLT had nothing but a regular gasket that didn't do anything for cooler air.

Top Two That you can and should do:

Cold Air Intake: There's tons of them around pick and choose the one you like the looks and performance of best.

Oil Catch Can: These aren't snake oil like some people still believe to this day they are very important for the longevity of your car provided you remember to empty them on a regular basis.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Tons of bolt ons a few you do not need and or can't use are the two of the top four for most LLT V6 cars get.

LT/Shorty Headers: your LFX has an integrated manifold while it flows better then a stock LLT manifold the aftermarket LLT manifolds flow just a little better.

Vmax Black Iceolator: Your LFX already has a composite gasket there negating the need for one of these the LLT had nothing but a regular gasket that didn't do anything for cooler air.

Top Two That you can and should do:

Cold Air Intake: There's tons of them around pick and choose the one you like the looks and performance of best.

Oil Catch Can: These aren't snake oil like some people still believe to this day they are very important for the longevity of your car provided you remember to empty them on a regular basis.
However, the JacFab extendolator intake manifold spacer increases intake runner length, thereby increasing torque.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:55 AM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
You should check out this thread, found in the LFX section.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222713
Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Hey Tentaur, there are a few companies who make nice exhausts for your camaro right now. The best way to decide is to jump on youtube and watch sound clips of all the different systems to find the one that best fits your liking. The Catback system we offer (#15353) is fully stainless, and will come with a lifetime warranty. Heres a clip of it on the 2010 v6, which will sound similar:

Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
Tantaur

Thank you all. That is all very helpful. I guess there isn't much out there for my engine. Is there any news for upcoming performance parts for the lfx?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
The V6 market was never huge to begin with which is a huge letdown because theres so many of them on the road. Wether it's LLT or LFX just not a huge aftermarket performance market for it but that's not due to the demand it's the suppliers.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #9
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Like everyone else said, you can do a Cold Air Intake, Ported throttle body.... exhaust. If you want it to sound like a v8 I believe trifecta can tune your car with the ghost cam (youtube it). But I wouldn't suggest doing that. IPF (another tuner) told me that they create that sound by creating early detonation which cant be good for the engine. I dont know much about how they do it... I've just heard its bad for the engine over time. Like everyone else said, theres not a lot you can do. IPF makes a supercharger for the LLT... maybe they work on the LFX... not sure.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
Tantaur

So I have the LFX v6 RS 2014 camaro. I just found there is a twin turbo bolt on out there for me. I was just wondering the input on everyone on what I should do to my car first before getting it TT. I have no mods on the car yet. But I'm going to get a CAI but the kit comes with one. I'm going to get an exhaust, catch can. Imy new to auto mechanics and need to know if I need to change some of the internals. And if so where I can find them. And then what I get the TT kit what is a good tune out there?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #11
Tantaur

Need all of your knowledge. (:

So I have the LFX v6 RS 2014 camaro. I just found there is a twin turbo bolt on out there for me. I was just wondering the input on everyone on what I should do to my car first before getting it TT. I have no mods on the car yet. But I'm going to get a CAI but the kit comes with one. I'm going to get an exhaust, catch can. Imy new to auto mechanics and need to know if I need to change some of the internals. And if so where I can find them. And then what I get the TT kit what is a good tune out there?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:57 PM   #12
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
I would go with the MRT version 2. That is what I had with my v6 but now I upgraded to a V8 with performance exhaust so no need to make it sound like anything other than what it is
Old 03-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #13
Tantaur

Very true! So would I go x pipe or have pipe? Honestly I don't know what that means or what the difference is.