Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Another High HP Tire Question For Street..

Been reading multiple threads regarding tires and setups with 700+ rwhp. Seems like the DRs are the preferred choice. Don’t really want to put a set of DRs due to the low tread wear.

Any recommendations for a street setup, that can handle turns, hook up during spirited driving, can handle turns, and not break the bank?
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Really no street tire will "hook up" at 700hp on the street. Michelin Pilot Super Sports work well for me but still easy to break loose. I think I will try Firestone Indy 500's next or maybe the Nitto Drag radial NT-05R, I think. For the street the Nitto will wear longer that an MT or Hoosier DR.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Really no street tire will "hook up" at 700hp on the street. Michelin Pilot Super Sports work well for me but still easy to break loose. I think I will try Firestone Indy 500's next or maybe the Nitto Drag radial NT-05R, I think. For the street the Nitto will wear longer that an MT or Hoosier DR.
I was considering the ny555r, but the side walls are still soft. Might just get some cheapy tires, and roast them... spinning ain’t winning, but who doesn’t like a cloud of smoke.
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote