Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Renting a 17 Mustang GT this week

Pretty nice. Thinking about buying the wife one. Full report as I drive it more.

The freakin lights shine an image of a mustang on the pavement outside each door!!! Crazy.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Don't take it to any car shows. They get a mind of their own when they see a crowd and try to run them over.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #3
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Cool Coyote Red

I had that very problem this last weekend with my 2016 pony.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Pretty nice. Thinking about buying the wife one. Full report as I drive it more.

The freakin lights shine an image of a mustang on the pavement outside each door!!! Crazy.
Don't you like your wife? Pretty sure buying her a Mustang can get you charged with attempted murder these days.
Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Don't take it to any car shows. They get a mind of their own when they see a crowd and try to run them over.
http://www.chron.com/cars/article/Ma...nd-9537753.php
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
I rented a convert Mustang in July. It was nice and only had 100 miles on it when they gave it to me. Nice car but I like the Camaro much much better.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #7
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I rented a convert Mustang in July. It was nice and only had 100 miles on it when they gave it to me. Nice car but I like the Camaro much much better.
This car is a metallic red GT with 25 miles on it. I am the first renter.

My Camaro is definitely cooler but it is diappointing to drive the Mustang because lots of features are better on the Ford.

Visibility is 1000% better in the Mustang.
The entertainment system is not buggy as hell like MyLink.
Windshield doesnt fog up in Florida humidity.
Lights on door shine Mustang logos on the pavement outside the doors. I will report
more
later.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #8
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
I too had a rental Mustang convertible (they are ubiquitous), and was impressed with the quality of materials. Huge fan of the AC seats, they may just win me over from the camaro's "ventilation". But, and this is a big but, the Mustang still feels heavier, boatish, and doesn't snarl the way the Camaro does. The trunk, the backseat, the infotainment, and the comfort I give to Ford. Fun factor? Camaro, for sure.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
This car is a metallic red GT with 25 miles on it. I am the first renter.

My Camaro is definitely cooler but it is diappointing to drive the Mustang because lots of features are better on the Ford.

Visibility is 1000% better in the Mustang.
The entertainment system is not buggy as hell like MyLink.
Windshield doesnt fog up in Florida humidity.
Lights on door shine Mustang logos on the pavement outside the doors. I will report
more
later.
We all know about the visibility. The fact is that during actual driving its a non issue if your mirrors are set correctly and there should be no blind spots to cars immediately on either lane besides you. But yes, the Mustang is better when it comes to visibility.

I haven't had trouble with MyLink. I'm happy so far, but maybe I'm not using it to the extent that you are. But for me....syncing to my phone, talking/texting...playing music through my USB. All flawless so far.

Windsheild fogging is definitely an design flaw. I have not experienced it myself, but I know it happens.

Mustang logos being shined on the ground.....who cares.

Speaking of "lots of features" the Camaro is missing...what would that be? I'm thinking the list of features the Camaro has that the Mustang doesn't is just as long.

So now lets get down to what these two cars are about....how the performance of that Mustang?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #10
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
We all know about the visibility. The fact is that during actual driving its a non issue if your mirrors are set correctly and there should be no blind spots to cars immediately on either lane besides you. But yes, the Mustang is better when it comes to visibility.

I haven't had trouble with MyLink. I'm happy so far, but maybe I'm not using it to the extent that you are. But for me....syncing to my phone, talking/texting...playing music through my USB. All flawless so far.

Windsheild fogging is definitely an design flaw. I have not experienced it myself, but I know it happens.

Mustang logos being shined on the ground.....who cares.

Speaking of "lots of features" the Camaro is missing...what would that be? I'm thinking the list of features the Camaro has that the Mustang doesn't is just as long.

So now lets get down to what these two cars are about....how the performance of that Mustang?
I havent gotten on it yet since I'm in a tourist area.

Visibility. I wouldn't let MY wife drive my car. She wouldnt be able to see and is not sophisticated enough driver to use mirror effectively.

MyLink in my car is horrible. It switches back and forth between my phone and sirius anytime the phone has ANY activity. It sucks. This mustang connected bluettoth to my phone immediately (my car had to try 10 times to connect) and has performed
flawlessly. WITHOUT me adjusting any settings.

My windshield fogs EVERY DAY.

Yeah who cares about the mustang on the ground...except its cool as hell and its that little extra that makes the difference. This car cost $32,000.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #11
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
I too had a rental Mustang convertible (they are ubiquitous), and was impressed with the quality of materials. Huge fan of the AC seats, they may just win me over from the camaro's "ventilation". But, and this is a big but, the Mustang still feels heavier, boatish, and doesn't snarl the way the Camaro does. The trunk, the backseat, the infotainment, and the comfort I give to Ford. Fun factor? Camaro, for sure.
First, NO ONE has stopped me to tell me how great the mustang looks. That happens to me every day with my camaro.

I will take my 1LT over this Mustang GT. The GT has some juice no doubt but my 1 Lt is pretty quick!

BUT I must say, this GT has me thinking about how I can trade for an SS.

The camaro AC controls are much simpler and better.

The mustang air conditioned seats are awesome.

The mustang trunk is much bigger.

Mustang Leather dash is really nice.

Mustang is high enough that you dont need a Curb alert.

My wife wants one so I will be getting really...intimate with a Mustang GT soon so I can report more.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #12
Gmanuel

Drives: 2007 335i
I would take the car to get the mylink fixed; sounds like you may have a faulty Bluetooth receiver.
Gmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #13
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Take it to a wide-open parking lot and see if every burnout does in fact get away from you and become irrecoverable at some point. Is there a design flaw?? Does everybody that needs to show-off with a burnout also by default not have the ability to drive?

Anybody seen a Camaro burnout into a crowd?

I thought this stuff was ridiculous at first but it never ends...

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Take it to a wide-open parking lot and see if every burnout does in fact get away from you and become irrecoverable at some point. d:
It has in fact got out from under me a couple times. It fished on me once with I hammered it on the interstate going to pass. I also got the tires loose comingg out of a parking lot. I havent heard about these probs before so I am uninformed.

Here are some more notes I have taken:

pro camaro

air vents and controls
comfort on long drive
paddle shifting with shift lever
stays in paddle shift/manual mode- mustang shifts back to auto
easier seat positioning

pro mustang
front high enough to not hit on curbs
door storage long enough for umbrella
console storage
blind spot mirrors built in (exactly like i added to my camaro mirrors)
no noise auto locks
rear camera has wider lens can see around corners
hanging pegs on back of seat

more to come