Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
Came close to upgrading...

I had a deal in place yesterday at a dealership that was 66 miles away from me for a 2011 black 2SS/RS, with 19,000 miles on it. As expected it was used so I expected it to have some surface scratches, but this one had more than it's fair share. I'm sure most of it could be buffed out, but I was disappointed in the interior as well, it didn't have any rips, but the leather was worn out. I walked away as I didn't want to buy the car just because I drove a long way. The other thing that worried me a little bit was the car lagged a little bit, when trying to start it up (are all V8s like that?). This could have also been the cause of the dealership putting in 87 and not 91.

As far as features the car had everything sunroof, GFX ground effects, and would def be a car I would love to have if it was new. I am super picky and take care of my car...I guess I'm just wondering what is the condition some of you have gotten your used SSs in? And if I should make the jump since I have the chance (am I being too picky on a used vehicle?).

Try not to pick on me real hard and I appreciate all the help.
Cali Cam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
parkermoeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Got mine with 9800miles and had about 3 scratches total that were rather small. Car was in pristine condtion. Mine also have the gfx and I really think that it makes the car. If you don't mind how much we're they asking for the car?
-Stainless Power headers
-Cold Air Inductions Intake
-Blue oracle halos
-Satin black ZL1 replicas
-315 invos and other cosmetic mods
parkermoeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
You never mention the price , if the price was right , meaning that one could fix the seats ,and the car will be what you wanted from a used unit
Regarding the lagging , who knows , but it may be seating in there for a long while
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Cali Cam82

This one had a decent amount of surface scratches, like they ran it through those cheap drive thru car washes a couple times. Price was 29k, and they were giving me 25k for my car (KBB excellent value). I guess I was just a little disappointed cuz my car is pristine and still has the new car smell.

Loved everything about the car tho except for that. I guess I'm just a little bit worried that the previous owner drove it too hard, if that's even possible? Haha
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
HypnotiqSS

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
I bought mine just a month ago and its a 2010 ss with 13k and this car was perfect short of rock chips and low tread on the rear wheels
HypnotiqSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Oops double post

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Cam82 View Post
This could have also been the cause of the dealership putting in 87 and not 91.

...I guess I'm just wondering what is the condition some of you have gotten your used SSs in? And if I should make the jump since I have the chance (am I being too picky on a used vehicle?)

Try not to pick on me real hard and I appreciate all the help.
first, you mean 93 not 91

Secondly, I bought mine used. I had blinders on for all the cosmetic condition. For me I was looking for a 2SS/RS convertible. Interior and roof had to be all black. I am not a fan of the mixed color interior. But my car had (stil has) some beauty marks, a few small paint chips in the front, a scratch on the passanger side door, rims are likely the worst condition off all. Oh there are some scratches on the plastic by the reader windows .. I think from the original owner taking the tonneau cover on and off. Finally there was some strange "stains" on and around the radio and climate controls.

The pain has your typical swirls but no deep scratches other then the door.

I bought my car in Dec 2012, and I really did not notice any of the issues until I had the car for over a month.

Door scratch and paint chips will get fixed soon, then I will do a clay/cut/polish/seal/wax on the car.

The stains were a bitch, maybe bird poop splash or something, but it was a faint reddish brown. I used a lot of different cleares nothing removed it.

I got a bit aggressive and used Mr. Clean eraser that finally got stains off. I used it very very gently. I bet I was two hours of tedious cleaning. It's 100% gone.

The scratches in the plastic by the rea windows, no one at the car shows has ever noticed it. Keeping that area clean almost hides it completed, but I know they are there.

So my car is not show room condition, it's also not a garage queen. I will eventually get the car's condition to 99.9%

The rims are really the only thing I can not really fix. They are scrubbed tothe point that the metal on the edge of the rims almost all have some kind of gouge. I have considered blacking out my car and plasti-dipping the rims black

With all that I still love my car, once the door scratch is fixed I will be happy, then I can do my paint corrections. But the scratch is hard to photograph and "most" people think my car is already show room perfect. It is .. From 4ft away!!

If you have the proper gear, time and passion you can fix almost anything.

In your case, the leather might be the biggest issue. But there is an active detailing forum here, take some pics and ask the guys for advice, you might be supervised how easy it is to make it like new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Cali Cam82

No as I said, I mean 91. In California we have 91 for our premium. As far as everything else in your statement, I appreciate your experience, and putting everything in perspective.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Cam82 View Post
This one had a decent amount of surface scratches, like they ran it through those cheap drive thru car washes a couple times. Price was 29k, and they were giving me 25k for my car (KBB excellent value). I guess I was just a little disappointed cuz my car is pristine and still has the new car smell.

Loved everything about the car tho except for that. I guess I'm just a little bit worried that the previous owner drove it too hard, if that's even possible? Haha
Hey I seen this car in your area just listed looks like one hell of a deal to me , I do not know the guy or anything just wanted to throw it out there for you 2011 2SS/RS Black Camaro W/Cam
2011 2SS/RS Black Camaro W/ factory Hurst Shifter and Sunroof.

Priced to sell @ $29,500

Under 12k Miles. 2k Miles on Cam Package.
Interior is Perfect, and 100% stock.
Heads Up Display
6spd Manual with LS3
490RWHP

Always hand washed and waxed by me with the full line of Adam's Products.

Upgrades:

LG G6X3 Cam Package; Pushrods/springs ect.
Dynatech LT's with Borla ATAK Catback.
Rotofab intake.
RX Catchcan.
UD Pully.
Stainless Steel Brake Lines.
Separate brake and clutch fluid reservior.
Full BMR Suspension. (1" springs, Sway Bars, Lower Control Arms, Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, ALL bushings are polyurethane.)

Car is located in Brentwood, CA.
PM or Email me @ neriahtreff@gmail.com for additional info or pics.

Here's a couple random build threads.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153412
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181306
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Cali Cam82

That would be great excepth for the fact that I have a trade in :/... Appreciate the help tho.